Butch Hartman has left Nickelodeon

McSponge

Frozen Cephalopod
Wintermelon43 said:
What shows did he make?

And why did he leave?
He created The Fairly Oddparents (Original shorts: 1998-2000, Full Series: 2001-2017), Danny Phantom (2004-2007), T.U.F.F Puppy (2010-2015), and Bunsen is a Beast! (2017-2018).

To sum up what he says in the video, he's made the decision to leave Nickelodeon and pursue other projects that he's currently working on (Though he can't give out the specifics because he's under contract)

NerdyKairi

Kairi is Back
Hey Butch, wanna do a show with me?

In all seriousness it was bound to happen, nick has been screwing up newer shows on the network on there Nicktoons side of things and I don't even know how the productions of the shows are truely.

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
While it's a little disappointing that a beloved Nick creator is leaving, it's probably for the best. I mean, Fairly Odd Parents has gone so far down the drain it isn't coming back, and honestly it's probably time. Nickelodeon keeps ruining their shows, and they don't even realize it.

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
I feel so good for him. Sure networks can be a pain, but it seems Nickelodeon and Butch Hartman were friends, and he managed to do the best with what his imagination could do.

Night-Waker

Moby Dollar
This honestly feels like the end of an era, since I know a lot of us grew up with his shows, but I'm glad for him since now he'll have more opportunities to do what he wants. :thumb1:

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
Honestly, I think a big factor in why he left is because his shows recently haven't been getting the views Nickelodeon wanted. Fairly Odd Parents ran out of steam as its viewership has decreased significantly in recent years, which is understandable for a show running for so long. The low views started to affect FOP's budget in the animation (Flash animation) and I suspect even the writing (ex: Cosmo and Wanda started to always lose their wands to lengthen the plot). Bunsen also clearly didn't get the views Nick wanted since they shipped it to Nicktoons in less than a year (Seriously, I think Bunsen might have been shipped faster than any Nicktoon I've ever seen! But now it looks like Welcome to the Wayne will get shipped even faster!) Even TUFF Puppy didn't get the most views and Nick basically gave up on it after like 2 years. This is sad, but it's good that Butch said he was very thankful for his opportunity to work at Nick for 20 years. I wish him luck in his future projects.

Krystalite

Professional Tsundere
While I do feel quite sad (this is on par with my thoughts on club penguin's closure) since he did make some other good content for them besides his 4 shows, I'm perfectly okay with his decision. It's definitely for the wayyy better imho, considering Nick's current management...

SpongeBronyPH

Giant Clam
Oh dear. I heard it too. I'll miss my favorite veteran animator. Looks like The Fairly OddParents will end soon. Goodbye, Butch. I'll miss you. :sbbye2:

Ellie Williams

Moby Dollar
ok first steve hillenburg left back in 2003 after the spongebob movie but came back to nick animation studios after sponge put of water then chris savino gets fired and now butch leaves the studio, i feel dizzy now y'all o.o

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
I hope Butch Hartman new projects are good.

Back