Bully/Canis Canem Edit

Mister Visitor

Moby Dollar
I want to know what you guys think of this game. I personally think it's one of Rockstar's best titles!

If you don't know, Bully (otherwise known as Canis Canem Edit) is a game developed by Rockstar Vancouver.

The plot involves:
the protagonist Jimmy Hopkins getting sent to a boarding school known as Bullworth Academy. He finds that this place is infested with bullies, cliques, and corrupt teachers. He meets up with Pete Kowalski and Gary Smith, who befriend him. The trio go on to do mischievous acts until
Gary eventually betrays Jimmy. He sets up the leader of the bullies, Russell, to try and beat him to a pulp. However, Jimmy is victorious and swears revenge on Gary. He and Pete then decide to try and take over the remaining cliques (The Preps, Greasers, Nerds and Jocks.) to ensure a comfortable ride until they deal with Gary. I won't spoil the ending of the game.

The gameplay, to put it simply, is similar to that of Grand Theft Auto. You can roam around the campus of the school (And the entire town after you complete chapter 1) and you are allowed to attack, and ride vehicles. (Bicycles, Scooters, Go-Karts, ect)

What makes the game unique is that you can interact with other students. If you target a student, you can either talk with them positively, or negatively. If you talk with them positively, they will either insult you, or respond kindly. However, if you talk with them negatively, depending on the students clique they will do one of 3 things; they will either 1: Become fearful. 2: Insult you back. or 3: Become agressive. A student's clique is basically like a gang. You have the Jocks, the Preps, The Bullies, The Greasers, and the Nerds. You can tell if a student is in a clique because of the outfit they are wearing, like a greaser will be in a brown jacket, or a Preppie will be in a blue sweater.

Another thing that makes this game unique is that you are allowed to bully students. If you get a student's health low enough, you can have your character do a number of finishing moves that involve him bullying the student. It is heavily discouraged that you do so, as this game also features Prefects. Prefects are basically the law enforcement of the game. If they spot you breaking the rules, they will chase after you and attempt to "bust" you. If you get "busted" too much, you will be sent to the principle's office, and if you get sent to the Principle's office 3 times, you will be forced to play a mini game where you do chores as a punishment. The chores can involve things such as; Mowing the lawn, Shoveling snow, and cleaning up graffiti. You have to do the punishment if you want to continue playing unless if you load a save.

The game also includes minigames for classes. If you complete the minigames for the classes, you will be rewarded with gameplay benefits, such as the ability to kiss girls (and even select GUYS.) for a health bonus.

This game also includes a soundtrack that consists of many kinds of music. Here's the soundtrack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWagSWweWXg

This game was released originally on Playstation 2 in 2006. However, Rockstar had made a remaster of the game titled Bully: Scholarship Edition. This remaster was released on Wii, Xbox 360, and PC in 2007 (2008 for PC).

This remaster included added features such as new classes, models, and minigames.

I would recommend playing the Scholarship edition, as it looks much nicer than the PS2 version. I would also recommend playing the PC version, as the Xbox 360 version has framerate issues.

Around 6 months or so ago, Rockstar released Bully: Anniversary Edition on iOS and Android for the 10th anniversary of Bully. It was a port of Scholarship Edition, but for mobile phones. It featured a remastered HUD, and different lighting.

I would give this game a solid 8/10.

What do you guys think of this game?

Mister Visitor

Moby Dollar
BenPazWearsASonicCostume said:
Are the console versions good?
I'd say the Xbox version is good, but it has framerate issues. You could go for the PS2 version, but it doesn't look pretty.

Back