ilove1994

Floating Shopping List
In this thread post and discuss illegal SpongeBob stuff.

Rule of the thread only post actual bootleg stuff meaning it is illegal not a creation made by a fan.

I will start. 🙂

406qtm.jpgBootleg_a951bf_6715969.jpgDLU3LQSV4AAoPNV.jpgc6295b88217d84fe792a8c17bd0631d2.jpgphoto_۲۰۱۸-۱۱-۱۳_۱۱-۲۴-۳۱.jpg

Last edited:

MattTheSpongeFanatic

Goodbye Krabby Patty's #1 Fan
Staff

Squidward1999

Balloon Traveler
122 Conch Street, Bikini Bottom (or the USA)
76747550_1163617310508385_2377321156328816640_n.png

RoundBod Squarepont and buds

ilove1994

Floating Shopping List
The Thomas and Friends one is official, I think. I could be wrong.

No it is a bootleg it says both Bob Esponja and Bob Leponge which are both the Spanish and French titles of the show on the box.

spongedude

Wumbologist
Staff
Even though a number of these look kinda freakish by our standards, I have to say that I quite enjoy learning about and seeing them nonetheless. My understanding is that most of these are marketed to and sold in poorer nations where the manufacturers might try to capitalize on a vague familiarity with the SpongeBob intellectual property without paying exorbitant licensing fees.

And then there's the "SpiderMan" and "Avengers" SpongeBob merch, where I think the factories just got lazy and slapped whatever spare parts they had lying around together and - voila! - SpongeBob is a Marvel superhero now. ☺️

ilove1994

Floating Shopping List
Even though a number of these look kinda freakish by our standards, I have to say that I quite enjoy learning about and seeing them nonetheless. My understanding is that most of these are marketed to and sold in poorer nations where the manufacturers might try to capitalize on a vague familiarity with the SpongeBob intellectual property without paying exorbitant licensing fees.

And then there's the "SpiderMan" and "Avengers" SpongeBob merch, where I think the factories just got lazy and slapped whatever spare parts they had lying around together and - voila! - SpongeBob is a Marvel superhero now. ☺️

Most counterfeits come from China. Bootlegs/counterfeits are made with the intention to trick people into thinking its either a real product or the real deal that they are copying basically criminals ripping people off. It is difficult to enforce any sort of copyright/trademark laws in countries like China or Iran which is why there is a lot of copyright/trademark infringement that goes on in those countries and you tend to see a lot of bootlegged/counterfeit stuff. Also the factories these fake products are made in usually shut down after getting out all of their products.

Back