Black Lemonade Recipe

More

VIP
FOPBUBFJ3KFGBTH.LARGE.jpg

How about we all take a break from the hotness of the episode by having this tasty and nutritious treat! Instructables has the recipe for you: no Squid Sqeezies required! :squidwhoo:

Black lemonade is a refreshing drink that gets its black color from activated charcoal.

Activated charcoal has many health benefits including: preventing hangovers, whitening teeth, anti-aging, and removing toxins from the body. It works by bonding to toxins which get carried out of the body through elimination. (There is a much more scientific explanation of how this works in the link above.)

*Please note that I am not a doctor so do your homework before taking activated charcoal for yourself! It can interfere with some medications.

Step 1: Recipe
Black lemonade is a quick and simple recipe requiring just a few ingredients. You probably have most of them in your kitchen already...except the charcoal.
Black Lemonade
  • juice of one lemon
  • 1-2 capsules activated charcoal
  • stevia or maple syrup
  • water
  • ice
F2HM2TFJ3KFGBRB.LARGE.jpg

Instructions
Cut lemon in half and squeeze it with a juicer releasing the juice. Make sure to pick out any seeds that may sneak in. Add lemon juice to a 16 ounce glass.

FS2N1WRJ3KFGBRH.LARGE.jpg

F7SCSI3J3KFGBS1.LARGE.jpg

Break open 1-2 activated charcoal capsules (check dosage on your bottle or container), add to the lemon juice, and stir to combine.

F7G6RBSJ3KFGBSY.LARGE.jpg

F9UW4U4J3KFGBT0.LARGE.jpg

Fill glass to the top with ice and add water. Stir in sweetener to taste. I used 5 drops of stevia. (I like it tart!)

FR5N7T9J3KFGBT3.LARGE.jpg

FTORDL6J3KFGBU6.LARGE.jpg

Garnish with a slice of lemon. Drink and enjoy!

**It is important to drink enough water when taking activated charcoal. Some of you may ask 'Why not just take the capsule instead of mixing it in a drink?'. I do this simply so I know that I am consuming enough water to circulate the charcoal well enough in my system. Plus, since activated charcoal has no flavor, the lemonade is delicious!! :)

Back