Completed Bigsmoker's top 10 best episodes list

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
Hey guys. I will make here my top 15 best episodes in the series. I have to say that it's very hard for me to choose after the top 7 episodes so I hope it is accurate enough. I know that some of the episosdes will surprise some of you and some of my top 10 best in pretty unpopular, but still I hope you will enjoy it as I do! I do not know how much time it will take to finishing this list but I will try to finish it as soon as possible. I really want to explain it, but please forgive me if it is not detailed enough, it is my first time making a list like that and it is also in English which makes it way harder for me. Let's start!

The list:
15th is for: Bubblestand(season 1,episode 2A)
This episode is very underrated for me. I really like it, from the beginning to the end. This episode describes us Spongebob starting a bubblestand. I like the concept, it is very simple and very fun. This episode introduced us the flowering bubbles which is a big issue in the series, and it did it perfectly. There are many funny moments(when Spongebob built it quietly, when Patrick had no money to pay for flowering a bubble, the technique, the Giraffe joke and more). I also like seeing Spongebob and Patrcik adore Squidward and think he is good in it, compared to other townspeople who think Squidward is bad and should stop playing music or drawing. In addition, Squidward joined to them compared to most of the times, which reminds me The Camping Episode a bit, so it is also something good in the episode for me.
To conclude: This episode is very simple and funny, it has introduction for bubbles which is important, and the relationships between the characters is good.
I give this episode 9.5/10

Hint for 14th episode: tissue

I would like to hear your opinion on it. If you have things I can improve in my writing, please tell me and I will try to improve them.
What is your opinion on Bubblestand? What is your rating for this episode?

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Yay I love when there's hints to guess from! Before I do that though, I'll say I'm a bit surprised that Bubblestand is so high up, but that's just a classic episode. I don't think I'd put it in my top 20, but it's definitely a good episode.

For the 14th episode, I'm going to guess Whale of a Birthday. Just because of the Boys Who Cry song lol. That's the only episode I can think of that uses a tissue or mentions one (well, I guess there was Krabby Road, but I'm not guessing that one)

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
Thank you guys!
I will give the 14th now.
14th is for: Squidward The Unfriendly Ghost(season1, episode 11B). By the way, tissue was also mentioned in I Had an Accident.
This is probably an unpopular opinion as I said before that I have some. I do not know exactly why I fond this episode so much, but I will try to make you know why I like it. I think this episode has very good jokes(gor example, the watermelon or when Squidward gives himself compliments, Patrick looks at his watch etc) and even the idea of the episode is funny for me(Spongebob and Patrcik think they killed Squidward and he became a ghost). I like the end of the episode the most, when Spongebob and Patrick try to put him to rest. Squidared is scared and then we see townspeople cry about Squidward "death", which shows us they DO like him. This scence is touching for me, seeing people crying over Squidward and miss him is sad. In addition, there are some references for places when Spongebob and Patrick take Squidward to other place. The atmosphere in this episode is very good. I give it 9.5/10

Hint for 13rd: bandages

Last edited:

OfficerSquidward

Imitation Krab
One thing I would like to say about Bubblestand, in addition to your comment about Spongebob and Patrick supporting Squidward's music and art, is that no matter how much of a grumpy jerk Squidward is to them sometimes, they never give him any flack for it. They are ultimately just happy that he's finally blowing bubbles with them. They are some of the nicest, gosh darn people in the world.

Also, Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost is one of my absolute favorites, too. Hell of a dark ending, though. Good choice!

To answer your hint, I'm probably going to say either Jellyfishing or Chocolate With Nuts.

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Ooh this is a fun episode. I haven't watched it in a while, I should do that. I also think this episode is really funny, especially the whole "Okay, get in" thing that's become a meme. I agree with you, I like when we see that people do actually like Squidward. Having everyone hate him all the time isn't any fun, even if it is understandable in some episodes (sometimes that makes the friendship that SpongeBob and Patrick try to have with him more endearing, like in SB-129).

Hmm, bandages? I'm gonna agree with OfficerSquidward and say that it's probably Jellyfishing or Chocolate With Nuts.

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
Yes, you were right. 13th is for Chocolate With Nuts(season 3, episde 12A)
I think I do not need to explain why this episode is in this list. This is very popular opinion. This episode has a simple idea - selling chocolate bars. This episode has many funny moments(CHOCOLATE!! "So, how long have you two ladies known each other?", Patrick's eyes, "I love you" and many more). In my opinion, this is one of the funniest episodes in the series, it's classic and very enjoyable.
I give it 9.5/10

Hints for 12th: mirror & accident

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
I love Chocolate With Nuts! Definitely in my top 3. Also Tom (Chocolate guy) is one of my favorite background characters in the series, so that helps.

Hmm, mirror and accident? Maybe Something Smells? or I Had an Accident? I can't think of anything off the top of my head that involves both a mirror and an accident.

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
Yes, 12th is for Somthing Smells(season 2, 2A)
In my opinion, this episode is also one of the funniest ones in the series. Spongebob ate a sundae which gave him a bad breath. I think this concept is hilarious. The episode is very funny from the beginning to the end(to do list, hi parade, MY EYES, The Ugly Barnacle, I'm ungly and I'm proud etc). I think we can see the good friednship between Spongebob and Patric, when Patrick yells "look at it!" which makes this episode better for me. I give it 9.5/10

Hint for 11th: cacti

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Another good pick. I don't know if I'd place Something Smells so high on my list, but I agree that it's definitely a hilarious episode.

For number 11, I'm thinking Hello Bikini Bottom...I think I remember something involving cacti and a song? Only vaguely though, so I'm not sure.

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
Wow, you are very good in the hint game XD.
11th is for Hello Bikini Bottom!(season 8, 26). Yeah, a season 8 episode is in my favorite list.
This is one of the best episodes in the show for me. We see Spongebob, Squidward, Patrick and Mr Krabs become a band and go for tour. We can see some weird situations for tour for the band, which is pretty funny. I like the music Spongebob and Squidward played at the supermarket. After many failures with their tour, Squidward wants money for cab fare and then Mr Krabs cries and says he has no money. I find this situation very touching, seeing Mr Krabs cried over his lose and they all in such a bad situation. Then there is the song, which is one of the best songs in the show for me. Aftwerward Squidward returned and the audience clapped(even thought not for Spongebob and Squidward, but still it gave them a good feeling). So this episode has an adventure of 4 main characters, touching moment and amazing song. This episode is not that funny compared to many other episodes, but very enjoyable and unique, seeing their tour is very fun for me.
I give this episode 9.5/10.

Fun fact about me and this episode. I was sick in the first time watching it and when I thought this episode I just remembered the pain I had so I hated this episode, but I rewatched it and fell in love with it XD

Hint for 10th: weekend

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Yay, I got it right! I love trying to guess based on hints haha. Hello Bikini Bottom is a really good episode that I think is overlooked sometimes because it's in Season 8. I just rewatched it a couple weeks ago and it's even better than I remember. Not sure where I'd place it on my list, but I do agree that it's a really good episode. Also the song was really good.

Hmm, that hint is hard. The first thing I thought of was Good Neighbors but considering how infamous that episode is I'm going to make an educated guess and say that that isn't it. I was also about to say Something Smells, but you just talked about that one lol. Well, I can't think of anything else, so I'll just go with Good Neighbors.

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
I am sorry but 10th is The Camping Episde(season 3, 17B)
This episode is just classic and most of people like him. This episode is very funny and enjoyable. This episode has one of the most enjoyable songs in the show. Just like "Bubblestand", Squidward joins Spongebob and Parick which makes them being very happy. It is other episde with very simple idea and plot and there is no need for complicated and weird stories. 9.5/10

Hint for 9th: construction

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Bruh how did I not get The Camping Episode? I feel so dumb now haha. Totally agree with this pick though, I love this episode, and watching it always makes me very nostalgic. So does Club SpongeBob, now that I'm thinking about it.

Ooh I hope #9 is Walking Small. That episode is very underrated in my opinion but I love it. There's also Home Sweet Pineapple which involves construction, so I guess I'll go with one of those two.

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
I am sorry, your were wrong this time:( Now that I think about the hint again, I think it is my fault because this hint is not clear enough. The 9th is for Skill Crane(season 4, 4A). Maybe I should say "construction and destruction" to make it better, so sorry about that.

Skill Crane is very nostalgic for me. I have watched it so many times, and always enjoy it again. I think that the concept of this episode is amazing and very creative. We see Spongebob successes winning the dolls and Squidward fails. Squidward asks for Spongebob's help, which is something pretty rare. Spongebob gives Squidward a trick how to win and then Squidward wins! That makes him being very happy and the following scences are very very funny(Winer winer winer!, You hare that?, "It means you have no skills and your'e a loser!"are one of the funniest moments in the show for me, and there are more funny moments). Afterward Squidward tries his skills on a REAL crane but it leads for a disaster. So this episode shows us a creative concept, hilarious moments, Squidward's winning and being happy the getting help by Spongebob. I give it 9.5/10

Hints for 8th: red color and tears.
Hints for honorable mentions 1#: cliff, clarinet and hammer.

MattTheSpongeFanatic

Goodbye Krabby Patty's #1 Fan
Staff
Nice! Finally someone who thinks Skill Crane belongs in their top 25, because it surely does

Idk what your 8th is gonna be, probably something involving boating school.

For your honorable mentions I'm guessing MMBB5, Sweet And Sour Squid, and My Pretty Seahorse

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Ooh Skill Crane! Definitely unexpected, but a welcome surprise for sure. It's a really good and entertaining episode.

Let's see, for number 8 I'm a bit stumped. I agree that maybe it's likely to be a boating school episode. Maybe Karate Choppers too.

And then for the honorable mentions...MMBB5, Squidward in Clarinetland/Christmas Who, and Big Pink Loser. Not super sure of all these guesses, but they're the best I got haha. You make some pretty good hints.

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
I am sorry but 8th is for Dying For Pie(season 2, 4A).
Red color=friendship list. Tears=sweater of tears.
So, why do I love this episode so much? We see Spongebob likes Squidward, he gives him a gift for Employee Brotherhood Day. Squidward doesn't like the gift and then Spongebob gives him a tears sweater. In return, Squidward gives to Spongebob a pie that is a bomb. Squidward feels bad for it and that he made a mistake and feel sorry about that. He wants to make this day being the best day Spongebob has ever had in his life! He does EVERYTHING that Spongebob wants. I really feel sorry for Squidward in this episode. I find this episode very touching, that Squidward is so sorry for an action he did and cries in the end of the episode. Of corse there are some funny moments, but in general this episode is more touching than funny for me, and I prefer it as it is.
I give this episode 10/10!

Hint for 7th: tear and dancing
I will write about the honorable mentions 1# next time, before 7th.

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Dang that was a pretty good hint. I need to redeem myself with these hints, I've been getting these last few wrong. Anyway, Dying For Pie is a really good episode. Another one that always makes me nostalgic and always gets me cracking up haha. And I agree that it's a very touching episode.

Hm, for #7, maybe Slimy Dancing like guessed above me? Or maybe Ripped Pants? Or maybe the Chaperone? I'm going with one of those 3 lol.

Back