Best Year For the Dark Era of Looney Tunes

Best year for the dark era of Looney Tunes

• Total voters

Yoshi

Giant Clam
message! For me, it's 1965 since those years saw the last appearances of Sylvester the Cat, (The Wild Chase (if you only count major roles) It's Nice to Have a Mouse Around the House (if you don't count camoes) A Taste of Catnip (counting camoes) Witch Hazel (A-Haunting We Will Go), Porky Pig (Corn on the Cop), and the Goofy Gophers (Tease for Two).

MattTheSpongeFanatic

Goodbye Krabby Patty's #1 Fan
Staff
The 1968 and 1969 shorts are mostly decent (with the exception of a few)... but I would say 1969 has the better ones, mostly because McKimson directed all of them. My favorites are probably The Great Carrot-Train Robbery, Fistic Mystic, and Rabbit Stew and Rabbits Too!. These shorts had decent animation and were actually pretty funny, especially the latter, since it was more of a Wile E. Coyote / Road Runner style short.

Squidward1999

Balloon Traveler
122 Conch Street, Bikini Bottom (or the USA)
1965 is probably the best as it does use more characters than just Daffy, Speedy, Wile E Coyote, and the Roadrunner.

1967, 1968, and 1969 get more hate because of the animation and the new characters but think there okay to good and sometimes great.

1966 is probably the darkest point of Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies as it only focuses on the four aforementioned characters that I stated above and only use different characters once (e.g. Witch Hazel in A Haunting We Will Go and Sylvester in A Taste of Catnip)...

Yoshi

Giant Clam
1965 is probably the best as it does use more characters than just Daffy, Speedy, Wile E Coyote, and the Roadrunner.

1967, 1968, and 1969 get more hate because of the animation and the new characters but think there okay to good and sometimes great.

1966 is probably the darkest point of Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies as it only focuses on the four aforementioned characters that I stated above and only use different characters once (e.g. Witch Hazel in A Haunting We Will Go and Sylvester in A Taste of Catnip)...
And even then for the latter it was just a cameo

Squidward1999

Balloon Traveler
122 Conch Street, Bikini Bottom (or the USA)
1965 had more variety in terms of directors and characters...

What doesn't help 1966 is the fact that there was only two directors who were only designated to the four major characters (Robert McKimson directed the Daffy and Speedy shorts while Rudy Lariva directed the Wile E Coyote and Roadrunner shorts).

And sure, while Robert Mckimson directed the Spy Coyote short, A Haunting We Will Go, and A Tast of Catnip it was only once (although McKimson had experience with directing Wile E Coyote and the Roadrunner before with Rushing Roulette).

Back