Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Toy Story 4

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Lightyear

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
I like all four of them, but I think Toy Story 2 was the best, only because the movie has seen some marked improvements in the computer animation technology and the story when it was released in theaters in 1999 when compared to the first movie when it was released in theaters in 1995...

Toy Story 2 was also one of the few rare movie sequels that did even better in the box office than the first movie...

Toy Story 2 also reunited two actors from the Cheers sitcom:
  • Kelsey Grammer, who played psychiatrist Dr. Frasier Crane in Cheers (and its Frasier spin-off) and voiced Stinky Pete the Prospector in Toy Story 2
  • John Ratzenberger, who played the mail carrier, Cliff Clavin in Cheers and voiced the piggy bank, Hamm in Toy Story 2

Last edited:

spunchbop

Imitation Krab
Toy Story 2 was and has always been my personal favorite. It had great character development and the plot is actually really enjoyable all throughout! The way Woody progressively grows more as a character throughout the film is also really interesting. He goes from wanting to go home, to then wanting to stay, then back to wanting to go home. And the ending is really great too! Stinky pete gets what he deserves at the end and Woodys arm gets fixed. Not to mention, the jokes are really good too. Great film i'm glad to see that others on this site also enjoy this film.

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
When it comes to the story:
  • Toy Story: Both Woody and Buzz become lost toys, Buzz Lightyear tries to fly, but breaks his arm as a result...
  • Toy Story 2: Woody gets sold to Al McWhiggin, a toy collector and owner of a toy store, Buzz and the other toys save him, Woody's arm gets ripped...
  • Toy Story 3: Andy leaves college, he faces a dillema, whether to donate the toys to a day care center or not. He later decides to donate the toys to a little girl named Bonnie who would love the toys like he did...
  • Toy Story 4: Woody wants to reunite with Bo Peep (who was sold by Andy and Molly years ago, along with a few other items, including what might possibly be some other toys Andy and Molly outgrew) after seeing her in a thrift store window during Bonnie's vacation, wanting to live the life of a lost toy. Bonnie's new handmade "toy" spork, Forky, is confused by the fact that he is sentient like the other toys in Bonnie's collection. Buzz Lightyear gets trapped in a carnival game as a prize, echoing the scene in the first movie, where Buzz and Woody were trapped in a crane game at Pizza Planet, and the scene in the second movie, where Buzz Lightyear was trapped in a cardboard spaceship package at the Al's Toy Barn toy store by another Buzz Lightyear action figure...

spongedude

Wumbologist
Staff
Toy Story (the original) remains a wonderful film in its own right, irrespective of the cultural and technological watershed it was - but I had to give Toy Story 2 the nod, since it's themes, story and script are nigh perfect (an astounding feat once you learn about the pressures that production was up against). Toy Story 4 has a special place in my heart - I think it's the most "grown-up" movie of the franchise, and I'm partial to the love story between Bo and Woody. Toy Story 3 is a gem of a film as well, but even though it came out around the same time I was going to college myself, and it's certainly a very strong film, it just didn't touch me the way the others have. Of the four Toy Story films, there's not a bad one in the bunch.

I haven't seen Lightyear yet.

Back