Best Episode pairing

ataeaf

Outdated meme I know
What do you think is the best pairing of two (or occasionally three) episodes. Note that they must be sister episodes that air together. E.g. It may be obvious to say Band Geeks and Graveyard Shift, but they are not sister episodes and are invalid.

I'll say Chocolate with Nuts and MM+MM 5. One of the funniest episodes (a bit overrated but still funny) plus the best MM+BB episode? Sweet as, well, chocolate.

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
Wet Painters / KKTV
CWN/MMBB5
Dying for Pie / Imitation Krabs
Nasty Patty / Idiot Box
No Weenies Allowed / Squilliam Returns
Sailor Mouth / Artist Unknown
Valentine's Day / The Paper
Krab Borg / Rock-A-Bye Bivalve
FOAKP / Shell of a Man
Boating Buddies / The Krabby Kronicle

OWM

XD
The Bully/Just One Bite and Dying for Pie/Imitation Krabs are my favorites.

Squidina

Tintenfisch
No one explains why.

My fave is probably
New fish in town/love that Squid
As both episodes show Squidward meeting someone new and liking them a lot. Like, they are very similar in that premise, making them the perfect episode pair up. I'll admit I don't really love both episodes (I like them both, but love the second decidedly more), but it is a perfect pair up.

I've never understood what makes the pair up of No Weenies Allowed and Squilliam returns so great, though. Sometimes I think it's just the titles somehow, that there's something giggle worthy about it. Both episodes are ok, actually quite funny, I like them both, but I don't get what makes the pairing so special for itself. The example I gave is because the two episodes are so similar that they belong together, it's a satisfying combination to me.

I don't even remember what episode was paired with "House Fancy", so I've no clue if I liked the combo or not.

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
I'd have to go with "Wet Painters / Krusty Krab Training Video," in terms of how GOOD both episodes are, how funny they are, and how consistent they are. Every single spitfire joke hits its mark, they're both extremely clever.

I do think that "Bubblestand / Ripped Pants" and "Pizza Delivery / Home Sweet Pineapple" are very good pairings, too. Maybe that's just me personally. The more I watch the show, the more I like how "quiet" certain episodes in season 1 are.

ataeaf

Outdated meme I know
I'm going to answer Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful/A Pal for Gary in an ironic way. I mean, you get a fairly bad received episode leading into the most hated SpongeBob episode ever. It kind of reminds me of When There's a Wilt.../The Bendy Episode from Foster's.

Back