Best episode for each character

Fear Of A Nerdy Patty

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Not necessarily your favorites, but ones that demonstrate the best why you love certain characters so much. I posted this as a thread on the SpongeBob subreddit a few months ago, but never got any replies. I still find it a topic worth discussing however, and this might be a more appropriate place for it.

SpongeBob: Can You Spare a Dime?

The way that SpongeBob's written here is brilliant. Even though he never wants anything more than to be nice to everyone he meets and maintain a positive attitude, he can have a breaking point too. It shows that he's human (well, as human as a sponge can be at least) and that even the cheeriest guys in the world can't handle being pushed around all the time.

Mr. Krabs: Clams

His obsession with money reaches insane levels here. But it's not really a matter of greed in this case as much as it simply being very dear to him. It means something to him personally, it brings him joy and a purpose in life. But a negative consequence of that of course is that if you're this obsessed with money, you will throw a hissy fit over losing as much as a single cent. That scene by itself is reason enough why I love this episode so freaking much.

Squidward: Squidville

We all know how annoyed Squidward gets by SpongeBob. He will repeatedly complain about his noise-making and groan over his overeager attitude at work. But does he actually hate him?

While Pizza Delivery is an excellent example of how the two of them are able to bond and he can actually feel bad for the poor sponge at times, I think this one communicates the strongest how influential he's been on his life. He expects a town full of Squidwards to be a paradise, but discovers how dreadfully dull it is being around a bunch of people just like him, with little to no personality deviations. He starts to realize the noise gave his life a little extra meaning and energy. Even though he is too much at times, SpongeBob makes his life a lot more interesting than it otherwise would be. A powerful message that gives you a vital overarching reason why Squidward won't just pack up and leave for good.

Patrick: Valentine's Day

This is one of the most relatable episodes of the series. I used to hate Valentine's Day with a burning passion, feeling left out as everyone send their loves touching letters and presents, while meanwhile I still can't get a girlfriend after multiple failed crushes. And Patrick too feels the loneliness of Valentine's Day when he mistakenly thinks he's been forgotten and starts going nuts from feeling unappreciated. I know a lot of fans hate how he acts, but for me the pain he feels was all too real. Sometimes I felt like cursing and destroying everything related to love in my path just like Patrick. Even this dopey old starfish still has feelings and gets hurt.

Grass-Skirt-Chase

Call me KĆ«lp0
Not necessarily your favorites, but ones that demonstrate the best why you love certain characters so much. I posted this as a thread on the SpongeBob subreddit a few months ago, but never got any replies. I still find it a topic worth discussing however, and this might be a more appropriate place for it.

SpongeBob: Can You Spare a Dime?

The way that SpongeBob's written here is brilliant. Even though he never wants anything more than to be nice to everyone he meets and maintain a positive attitude, he can have a breaking point too. It shows that he's human (well, as human as a sponge can be at least) and that even the cheeriest guys in the world can't handle being pushed around all the time.

Mr. Krabs: Clams

His obsession with money reaches insane levels here. But it's not really a matter of greed in this case as much as it simply being very dear to him. It means something to him personally, it brings him joy and a purpose in life. But a negative consequence of that of course is that if you're this obsessed with money, you will throw a hissy fit over losing as much as a single cent. That scene by itself is reason enough why I love this episode so freaking much.

Squidward: Squidville

We all know how annoyed Squidward gets by SpongeBob. He will repeatedly complain about his noise-making and groan over his overeager attitude at work. But does he actually hate him?

While Pizza Delivery is an excellent example of how the two of them are able to bond and he can actually feel bad for the poor sponge at times, I think this one communicates the strongest how influential he's been on his life. He expects a town full of Squidwards to be a paradise, but discovers how dreadfully dull it is being around a bunch of people just like him, with little to no personality deviations. He starts to realize the noise gave his life a little extra meaning and energy. Even though he is too much at times, SpongeBob makes his life a lot more interesting than it otherwise would be. A powerful message that gives you a vital overarching reason why Squidward won't just pack up and leave for good.

Patrick: Valentine's Day

This is one of the most relatable episodes of the series. I used to hate Valentine's Day with a burning passion, feeling left out as everyone send their loves touching letters and presents, while meanwhile I still can't get a girlfriend after multiple failed crushes. And Patrick too feels the loneliness of Valentine's Day when he mistakenly thinks he's been forgotten and starts going nuts from feeling unappreciated. I know a lot of fans hate how he acts, but for me the pain he feels was all too real. Sometimes I felt like cursing and destroying everything related to love in my path just like Patrick. Even this dopey old starfish still has feelings and gets hurt.
This... I... šŸ˜¶

This explains why these are some of my FAVORITE episodes. Especially ā€œClamsā€ and ā€œValentines Dayā€.

Fear Of A Nerdy Patty

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I never thought of Graveyard Shift as a Patrick episode. What makes that one a standout in terms of his character?

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
This is really hard to choose and I am not sure how accurate it is tho
You have amazing choices and explainations. I think your choices can be mine too but I want some other that I think are best in this topic as the ones you said.
Spongebob - Walking Small. It shows us that he just can't be a bad guy.
Patrick - Somthing Smells. This episode is one of the best Patrick's episodes because of two reasons: Patrick is very very funny and he is a good friend when he saw Spongebob crying and helped him.
Squidward - Pizza Delivery. Especially the last scence when Squidward feels bad for Spongebob. There are some more episodes like that such as Christmans, Who? and some more.
Mr. Krabs - One Coarse Meal.
haha, I was just joking. Clams. I totally agree with you.
Plankton - Maybe Best Frenemies. It shows us that even though Mr. Krabs and Plankton are opponents, they can cooperate and become friends. And it has the ending when they get back to the "classic relationship" between they both.
Sandy - Texas. It shows us that Sandy has her love to Texas but she relizes that he real home is in Bikini Bottom at the end.

pgh214

Thanks for the Facelift!
SpongeBob: Tea at the Treedome
Patrick: Wet Painters
Squidward: Squid on Strike
Mr. K: Mid-life Crustacean
Sandy: Pre-hibernation Week
Plankton: 20,000 patties under the sea
Gary: Sleepy Time
Pearl: The Chaperone
Mrs. P: No Free Rides
Karen: Honestly the first movie, but in-series I'd say....Walking the Plankton