Best 3D Mario Game?

TheGreatServer

NOT a Bunny now!

1,439 posts
$2,484 doubloons
Here's my ranking of the ones i've replayed as of now.

1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. Super Mario Sunshine
3. Super Mario 64

EmployeeAMillion

School’s in Session!

3,510 posts
$6,189 doubloons
Galaxy 2 for me, followed very closely by Galaxy 1. I think 1 had more charm, but 2 was much more fun to play.
I made a list for this around the time Odyssey came out, and I’d say it goes right below 64 and right above World (both 1990 and 3D).

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff member

10,954 posts

$1,960 doubloons
Super Mario 64 is still my favorite because I like the openness of the levels and I really like the game movement mechanics.. sort of tricky in a way that takes a bit more skill to get used to than the more recent ones. Odyssey is incredible too though.. huge worlds and tons of stuff to do. So those 2 are definitely my favorites

Sonicdude2355

352 posts
$203 doubloons
Nolyn_Spongebob_Fan said:
True, I love 64 it's so fun to replay
64 has been so replayable that to this day it remains as one of the most popular games to speedrun, with an active modding community that has done the seemingly impossible (Such as modding the game to have online multiplayer)

EmployeeAMillion

School’s in Session!

3,510 posts
$6,189 doubloons
64 has been so replayable that to this day it remains as one of the most popular games to speedrun, with an active modding community that has done the seemingly impossible (Such as modding the game to have online multiplayer)
Thanks for supplying that brand-new information.

It’s amazing how deep the game is nowadays and continues to get. Who knew it had parallel universes?

Sonicdude2355

352 posts
$203 doubloons
EmployeeAMillion said:
Thanks for supplying that brand-new information.

It’s amazing how deep the game is nowadays and continues to get. Who knew it had parallel universes?
How about them ".5x A presses" eh?
Jokes aside, this game is still being played to this day by many people because of just how replayable it is. That's why I think it's the best, as it's managed to remain relevant for the past 20 years.

Sonicdude2355

352 posts
$203 doubloons
Nolyn_Spongebob_Fan said:
shoutouts to simpleflips

cant wait to try net 64
My friend and I couldn't get it to work, as I believe it requires some port-forwarding to work properly.
Still, good luck!