Behind the Scenes with SpongeBob and Friends

Stinkoman 20X6

I want to get lost in your rock and roll
@SpongeBobRocksMan: Before you say anything, please take a look at the "Not to Be Confused With" credit.

The intro faded into a huge screen of bubbles everywhere.

Narrator: And now, ladies and gentlefish, boys and girls of all ages, today is a very special SpongeBob episode! In this brand-new special, we're going...

5behindthesceneseg6.png

Narrator: Behind the scenes of SpongeBob and friends!

Written by
PokDouglas

Directed by
PokDouglas

Starring
Tom Kenny as "Patchy the Pirate"

Not to Be Confused With
Interview With a SquarePants by SpongeBobRocksMan

Anything Else I Forgot
PokDouglas

The bubble screen popped to reveal the flyaround of Encino, California.

Narrator: And now, hosting this special episode is everyone's thirteenth favorite pirate interviewer, Patchy the Pirate Interviewer!

We zoom into Patchy's house, where he was putting on makeup in the living room mirror. His regular pirate outfit had been replaced by a white button shirt, a blue-slate cloth jacket, tan cargo pants, and busterbrown shoes.

Patchy: Oh, hiya, kids! I'm Patchy the Pirate Interviewer, president of the SpongeBob SquarePants fan club and pirate interviewer extoardinare! Today, I've got a special treat for all of you. A behind-the-scenes look at the making of SpongeBob SquarePants! How does that sound?

The cameraman nodded the camera up and down as if it were kids nodding.

Patchy: Great! (puts on a red director's cap) We're off to Hollyweed Bottom in the coasts of California! (puts on a mouthpiece that resembles Sandy's) Get your breathing equipment on, and watch the clock! Cause unlike that mouthpeice Sandy wears, this little thing will only last for an hour, and then we'll be unable to breathe underwater! To Hollyweed!!!

We cut to him jumping off a pier in the Encino Harbor and diving into the ocean. Once he was in the water, he took on the SB-cartoon-style. He landed on the ground with a thud.

Patchy: Owwww....hey, what happened?! I lost all my depth and body fat! (pause) Eh, who cares?

He turned around to see United Plankton Studios.

Patchy: (gasp) There it is! United Plankton Studios, a subsidary of Nickelodeon, the one and only studio where SpongeBob is made! Come on, let's go inside!

He joyously ran into the UPS, ready for interviewing.

BTTNS.

Next scene: Interview with Robert Gilluff ("SpongeBob SquarePants")!

Stinkoman 20X6

Just this one chapter will tell you that there are differences between this and SBRM's story, Interview With a SquarePants.

Unlike SpongeBobRocksMan, who for some reason made it so the actors were the same in real life (down to having the same names and personalities), my cartoon actors will have "real names", real personalities that may be different from the character they portray, and there'll even be shocking things about some of the cartoon actors that you would've never guessed!

Interview with Robert Gilluff ("SpongeBob SquarePants")

Patchy walked into the building wearing sunglasses.

Patchy: Alright, kids. I've got a super-brilliant plan to get past that receptionist there!

He walked over to the front desk of United Plankton pictures where a purple fish receptionist was working.

Patchy: (holding flowers) Hey there, baby. How'd such a pretty woman like you...
Receptionist: (interrupting him) Only authorized pearsonal are allowed past here.
Patchy: Wha, how'd you know I...
Recptionist: (interrupting him again) Cause everyone who doesn't work here tries that on me six times a day. Look behind you.

He turned around to see a long line of random fish men behind him, all holding flowers.

All fish men: Hey there, baby.
Receptionist: Listen, all of you! No one gets past me unless they work here or are granted permission!
Patchy: (pulls out a dollar) How about if I give you a buck fifty?
Receptionist: A buck fifty? Wow, that's more then I make in a year! (shakes Patchy's hand) Deal.

*bubble transition*

Patchy was now on the set of the epiosde No Weenies Allowed.

Patchy: I have finally found the set of the show! Ooh, ooh! And look! There's Robert Gilluff, the talented actor from films like Spongey-O, Spongey-O and Humpback Dreamer, but here in United Plankton studios, you know him as everyone's favorite little yellow guy!
*image of Pikachu appears on the screen*
Patchy: Ehh..besides him. Let's get on with the interview!

He walked over to Robert, who was scrambling to find his blue contacts hat he wore as SpongeBob, since his real eyes were green.

Robert Gilluff ("SpongeBob SquarePants"): D'oh, stupid contacts! Where'd they go?
Patchy: Robert Gilluff? I'm Patchy the Pirate Interviewer. Can I get a few words with you?
Gilluff: Uh...sure.
Patchy: (pulls out a microphone) So, what's it like to play one of the most popular cartoon characters in California and New York?
Gilluff: It's...fun. (laughs, a more realistic laugh then the one SB makes) Every time I go outside, people always whisper, "Look, there's SpongeBob." A lot of people come up to me and ask me for my autogrpah, and telling me they love the show.
Patchy: Okay, what's your favorite episode?
Gilluff: Definitely "Fear of a Krabby Patty". It was the funnest episode to film for me.
SpongeBob: (footage from Fear of a Krabby Patty) I want to live! I WANT TO LIVE!!!
Patchy: What's your least favorite?
Gilluff: "Rock-a-Bye-Bivalve", and I think everyone knows why.
Patchy: How did you get to be "SpongeBob" in the first place?
Gilluff: Well, the creator of the show, Stephanie, came up to me, having just seen me do the lead role in Spongey-O, Spongey-O, told me she was making a silly sponge character and that she wanted me to do the part. I eagerly accepted and the rest is history.
SpongeBob: (footage from As Seeon On TV) These people demand entertainment!
Patchy: Well, thank you for the interview, Robert Gilluff. Next kids, we're gonna interview the prodigy actor who plays that lovable starfish, Patrick Star!

BTTNI. (bubble transition to next interview)

Next interview: Hoolio Rankora ("Patrick Star")!

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
Cool! I wonder what Patrick (or Hoolio) will be like in real life. :lol:

@SpongeBobRocksMan: Before you say anything, please take a look at the "Not to Be Confused With" credit.

It's okay, I wasn't gonna say anything anyway. :P

Stinkoman 20X6

It's okay, I wasn't gonna say anything anyway. :P
Just making sure, cause I didn't know is you were one of those people who call people "rip-off artists" and then kick them in the shins. :lol:

Stinkoman 20X6

Interview with Hoolio Rankora ("Patrick Star")

Hoolio Rankora was lounging in the break pool on the set. Patchy walked up to him.

Patchy: Mr. Rankora? I'm Patchy the Pirate Interviewer. Got a sec?
Hoolio Rankora ("Patrick Star"): Uhh...I suppose.
Patchy: So, what's it like to play Patrick Star?
Hoolio: It's kind of cool, really. I'd played a lot of dopeyheads in my day, so Patrick is a no-brainer.
Patrick: (footage from The Snowball Effect) Come on, let's go knock each other's brains out!
Patchy: Do you ever get cold not wearing a shirt when you're filming?
Hoolio: Oh, not at all. The set's heated, so I never get that problem.
Patchy: What's your favorite episode?
Hoolio: Oh, boy, there's a lot. I guess it's "SpongeBob Goes to Mexico" because it really tapped into my Mexican heritage and plus I got to film with my grandad.
Patrick's Grandad: (footage from SpongeBob Goes to Mexico) Who's playing that Northern music?!
Stevie: (turns off boombox) Sorry.
Patchy: And your least?
Hoolio: "Patrick Smartpants" definitely takes my vote. It was really hard for me to memorize those complicated lines, and I've wanted hair for years, so it was hard to rip off my hair in that one scene.
Patchy: One last question: Are you thrilled to be getting your own series?
"The new series The Random Adventures of Patrick Star is coming soon to a forum near you."
Hoolio: Oh, yeah, this show is gonna be so much fun.
Patrick: (footage from "Random Adventures" teaser) You wanna know what it's called? Awesomeness...Patrick Star!
Director: Patrick, that's not what it's called!
Patrick: But it sounds cool.
Patchy: Well, thanks for the interview, Hoolio. Next up, kids, we're going to little jellyfish of mystery, Steven Gilluff!

BTTNI.

Next interview: Steven Gilluff ("Stevie the Jellyfish")!

SpOnGeFaN818

Wumbologist
Woah, this definetly takes my vote for one of your favorite fan fics.

Stinkoman 20X6

Interview with Steven Gilluff ("Stevie the Jellyfish")

*over black*
Patchy: So let me get this straight. You're Robert Gilluff's...brother?
*back to reality as Steven Gilluff is sitting in a chair. He's dressed with a green sweater, cargo pants, and shoes like Robert Gilluff's.*
Steven Gilluff ("Stevie the Jellyfish"): Yeah, that's right. We're bros. He's six years older then me, but I don't care.*
Patchy: But, why is he a sponge and you're a...uh, um...
Steven: I know, I know. Our mom was a sponge, our dad was a jellyfish, can't blame love.
Patchy: So, what's it like to work with Hoolio Rankora?
Steven: It's kinda fun. (laughs) Hoolio's a funny guy, which is why he plays...a funny guy.
Patrick: (footage from Under My Rock) Is that supposed to be funny to you?
Steven: Curse of the Were-Jellyfish.
Patchy: Curse of the Who-whoo-ahh now?
Steven: It was a parody of Wallace and Gromit. But they cancelled it due to technical problems.
Patchy: I see. Okay, then. Tell us what your least favorite is.
Steven: "Dandy Sandy".
Patchy: Why?
"The actress who portrays Goldilocks G. Goldfish."
Steven: Gabriella Lacisumloocshigi had to kiss me 22 times. Not only did she say her lips hurt afterwards, but it took me an hour to wash all the lipstick off! NIGHTMARE!!!
Patchy: And my final question, are there any moments in the show that you thought was funny but had to be cut out?
Steven: Well, there was this one scene from "Friendly Leaves" where SpongeBob had this big machine, and tried to fire fattening doughnut batter at Plankton, and I couldn't stop laughing when they almost started filming it.
"This is a deleted scene from Friendly Leaves". (the scene is in storyboard form)
Plankton: (pupil shrinks) Suddenly I feel like I'm trapped in one of The Soapsons' "Doghouse of Terror" specials. WHAT IN BARNACLES IS THAT THING?!
SpongeBob: Plankton, prepare to have your diet imbalanced with fattening doughnut batter!

The machine fired a huge ball of doughnut batter at Plankton. Running away, he narrowly dodged it.

Plankton: Gasp!
SpongeBob: Think you can get away so easily, do you, Plankton?
(end of scene)
Patchy: Well, thanks for the interview, Steven Gilluff, next kids, we're roundin' up famous Texan squirrel actress, Mary Howdday, who portrays everyone's favorite squirrel...
*image of Pachirisu appears*
Patchy: Oh, just forget it.

BTTNI.

Next interview: Mary Howdday ("Sandy Cheeks")!

*I'm six years older then my little sister, whom I'm currently spending the summer with.

Stinkoman 20X6

Interview with Mary Howdday ("Sandy Cheeks")!

Mary Howwday ("Sandy Cheeks"): Y'all ain't one of those itchin' pirate interviewers, are ya?
Patchy: (hiding pirate hat behind back) Umm...no. But anyways, um...tell me what it's like to star in an underwater show.
Mary Howwday: Well, in the first eight seasons, I had to wear that unconformatable suit, which made me sweat like a buffalo!
Patrick: (footage from Squirrel Jokes; walking away) Squirrels.
Patchy: I see. Now I want to know something about writing for Sandy. Do the writers go ahead and put the accent in themselves when they werite lines for Sandy?
Mary: Naw, see, they write Sandy's lines in regular speak, like SpongeBob would say, and then they'd ask me to "Texas-ize" it, so the accent's mostly ad-lib.
Sandy: (footage from Texas) Don't you dare take the name of Texas in vain!
Patchy: What's your favorite episode on the show?
Mary: Ah kinda like "Valentine's Day" the best. It was a sweet episode.
Mary: "Survival o' the Idiots" was a pain for me. I had to stuff my nightgown with all those pillows, and it hurt to speak with crushed acorn in mah cheeks!
Sandy: (footage from Survival of the Idiots) Y'all 're nuttin' but pure evil, just like newspaper comics...
Patchy: Okay, one final question.
Mary: Shoot.
Patchy: Recently in Season 9, SpogneBob and Sandy started dating. What's your relationship with Robert Gilluff in real life?
Mary: Uh, nuttin' much. (laughs) We only see each other on set, and usually only when we're filmin', so we don't know each other that much.
Patchy: Okay, Mary, thanks for the interview. Alright kids, we're going now to our big crumudgeon, Squidward Tentacles!

BTTNI.

Next interview: Edward Callshur ("Squidward Tentacles")!

Stinkoman 20X6

Interview with Edward Callshur ("Squidward Tentacles")

Edward Callsur was dressed the same as Squidward in Culture Shock when SpongeBob was showing him his "bubble routine".

Edward Callshur ("Squidward Tentacles"): Aren't you one of those pirate interviewers?
Patchy: Aw man, I gotta ditch this eyepatch!

He pulled off his eyepatch.

Patchy: Alright, so, are you as grumpy as Squidward in real life?
Callshur: No one is as grumpy as Squidward in real life. (laughs)
Squidward: (footage from Good Neighbors) You're horrible neighbors...and stop calling me President!
Patchy: In the show, Squidward plays the clarinet. Do you play any instruments in real life?
Callshur: of course. When I'm not doing this show, I'm in the Hollyweed Bottom orchaestra. I play the clarinet, the flute, oboe, sousaphone...
"A sousaphone is a tuba-like instrument that wraps around your body."
Callshur: "Jellyfishing" was a really fun episode to film. Except that part with the soup in my eyes.
*shows footage from Jellyfishing of Patrick blowing soup into Squidward's face*
Patchy: What's your least favorite?
Callshur: I totally threw my back out in "Good Neighbors" when Squidward was lying down on a rock.
*shows footage from Good Neighbors of Squidward lying down on a rock*
Patchy: Well, thanks for the interview, Edward Callshur! This interview sure is starting to get "crabby", eh, kids? Eh?

BTTNI.

Next interview: George Huffey ("Eugene Krabs")!

Band Geek

Pursuit Blast Destroy
How many more interviews will there be? Just curious.

Stinkoman 20X6

How many more interviews will there be? Just curious.
After Mr. Krabs, there'll be eight more.

Interview with George Huffey ("Eugene Krabs")

George Huffey was dressed the same way as Mr. Krabs in the end of the "Cha-Ching-a-Ring" song from Selling Out. He spoke with a normal-sounding voice, kinda like Howard Blandy's from the same episode.

George Huffey ("Eugene Krabs"): Hey...who the heck are you?
Patchy: I'm a pirate interviewer.
Huffey: Cool. My cousin's a pirate interviewer.
Patchy: I'm noticing that your voice is different then your character, Mr. Krabs's.
Huffey: Yeah, when I do Mr. Krabs's voice, I have to really get that rasp right. What I do is I tilt my head to my neck area and grit my teeth as I'm talking. Then the sound mixer pitches it until you have this raspy pirate-like voice that has become Mr. Krabs's.
Pearl: (footage from Mid-Life Crustacean) Ewwww! When you say it, it sounds so...un-coral.
Patchy: If you could be a sea animal, what would you be?
Huffey: Definitely a Royal Grandma fish, cause they're purple, which is my faovirte color*, and they're really fast and slick little creatures.
Patchy: What's your favorite episode in the show?
Huffey: Definitely "Steve-a-Go-Go".
Sandy: (footage from Steve-a-Go-Go I like mangoes, you like mangoes, George Huffyboo likes mangoes...
Patrick: Who's George Huffyboo?!
(very long pause)
Sandy: Eggies.
Huffey: I really don't like "Mid-Life Crustacean". It just doesn't seem "coral" to me. (laughs)
Patchy: Okay, kids, when we get back from the break, it's time to track down a no-goody-goody-copepod, Plankton!

*commercial break*

Next interview: Richard Conkerr ("Sheldon J. Plankton")!

*Purple is my sister's favorite color.

Stinkoman 20X6

Interview with Richard Conkerr ("Sheldon J. Plankton")

Patchy: (extreme closeup) WELCOME BACK, KIDS!!!
Camerman: (backing up the camera, startled) AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!
Patchy: Oh, uh, sorry there, Joe*.
Joe: (camerman; offscreen) That's okay, Patchy.
Patchy: (over footage of Plankton from the series) Okay, Richard Conkerr, the man behind that michevious Plankton, has agreed to do an exclusive interview with us. That's really special, kids, because he usually hates being interviewed or photographed.

Richard Conkerr looked the same as Plankton on the show (i.e. green one-eyed copepod, no clothes)

Patchy: So, Richard, tell our viewers what it's like to play the main antagonist of a show.
"An antagonist is the term for a fictional character who is viewed as a negative character, and in most cases, a villain."
Richard Conkerr ("Sheldon J. Plankton"): Well, it has its pros and cons. The pros are that when you're done , you and the rest of the cast can have a good laugh about it. Plus, you get to sound mean and tough. The only con is that lots of evil guys yell and monologue a lot, so I would often find that my throat was killing me at the end of every shoot.
Plankton: (footage from the movie) I'M BUSY PLANNING TO RULE THE WORLD, HEY-HEY!!!!
SpongeBob: Well, good luck with that.
Patchy: In the show, Plankton is often stepped on or barely noticed due to being so small. Does this happen to you in real life?
Richard: Not at all. All that stuff that happens to Plankton is merely a gag that the writers came up with.
Patchy: What's your favorite episode in the show?
Richard: The movie was the funenst thing I've ever filmed before. Hello, Plankton looks exactly like me, and there are giant statues of him in the movie! What more could you want?
Patchy: Your least favorite?
Richard: "Plankton's Army". I hat to get stepped on and flushed down the toilet in that episode. I had to take four baths after filming that scene!
Patchy: Well, thanks for talking to us, Richard. I appreciate it, considering you don't accept interviews that much.

BTTNI.

Next interview: Marilyn Steress ("Poppy Puff")!

Richard's last name, Conkerr, is a misspelling of the word conquer. Richard is my stepfather's name, and he always seemed evil to me. ;(

*Joe is my dad's first name.

Band Geek

Pursuit Blast Destroy
So, Plankton's actor is your stepfather?
I keed, I keed. ;(

Back