Battle For Bikini Bottom PC Port Project

BitBob PixelPants

Frozen Cephalopod
So as you can tell by the title, i am going to start on a BFBB port project. even though i don't got the best operating system on my other laptop (*cough* Windows XP), it still works. so i'm going to try and do a PC port of the game. I know it might seem impossible but i'm at least going to give it a shot. it will be WAY better than the Point n' Click Adventure version. i am going to attempt to do this without using an Emulator like Dolphin or PCSX2. i dunno if you'd want to join me on this project but if you do please let me know. i'm going to start this hopefully tonight actually.

BitBob PixelPants

Frozen Cephalopod
AlphaWarhawk said:
Oh, this is possible, but good luck getting anywhere before Nick slaps you with a C&D for copyright.
i wasn't planning on making money off of it, i was just doing it for fun

Mavaxis Starburner

I love SBM
Mr. Dr. Professor Patrick said:
Couldn't this be accomplished easily by using a PS2 emulator?
Emulators past the fifth console generation tend to be unreasonably demanding on computers. If I were to try to run PCSX2 on my computer, the game would probably run at 10 FPS, if that.

Mr. Dr. Professor Patrick

Developer of Awesomeness
AlphaWarhawk said:
Emulators past the fifth console generation tend to be unreasonably demanding on computers. If I were to try to run PCSX2 on my computer, the game would probably run at 10 FPS, if that.
That's with literally every game for PC though. If your PC is not built for gaming, then of course it will have a hard time rendering the game. According to this forum post, BFBB works just fine on a computer with a AMD processor and Nvidia graphics card on PCSX2. My computer has half of that power.

Mavaxis Starburner

I love SBM
That's with literally every game for PC though. If your PC is not built for gaming, then of course it will have a hard time rendering the game. According to this forum post, BFBB works just fine on a computer with a AMD processor and Nvidia graphics card on PCSX2. My computer has half of that power.
Well, this is coming from someone whose machine (https://pastebin.com/ihyQhxsG) can run GTA V at an average of 25-30 FPS. When a PS2 game runs slower than GTA V, I'd say there's an issue, and I'm quite sure that issue is the fact that 6+ gen emulators are generally quite complicated. Even in that linked thread, notice how many different fixes had to be applied just to run BFBB.

The Drifter

Some person.
Not really. My laptop can run Fallout 4 but not Call of Duty 3.

edit: Since what you're doing is illegal anyway, I say you should just download a readily available iso rather that making one yourself.

Back