Barnacle Boy's voice actor Tim Conway died today

spongedude

Wumbologist
Staff
Gee whiz... My heart goes out to his family. A very funny man, and a very good man. He will be missed.

When SpongeBob first began airing, I had no idea who Tim Conway was. My mother would mention that he used to be on The Carol Burnett Show (which she loved growing up) and McHale's Navy (alongside Mermaid Man's Ernest Borgnine). It wasn't until I graduated college that I began to discover his work from the 60s and 70s on YouTube. Please check out some of his older stuff, you'll thank me later.

Godspeed, Tim. ;)

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
85 is a long, happy life, so there’s no need to be too sad. I’m just starting to get worried about the length of the “Dedicated to” portion of Wonderful Sponge’s credits.

Yoh Manta

Moby Dollar
Eerily, I was mentally preparing myself for this news just two nights ago for reasons I couldn't explain. Not trying to freak anyone out, I've just been expecting this kind of stuff more, especially with older celebrities, since the unfortunate passing of Stan Lee. Rest in peace to this great man.

I heard about the news yesterday just last period at school and I just couldn't believe it. Both of our favorite underwater heroes have now passed on. The good thing is, however, is that at least Barnacleboy is fighting crime up in heaven with Mermaidman. May Conway rest in peace. RIP

CannedBread

Moby Dollar
R.I.P to one of the many people that made spongebob great, thank you for all that you've done mr. conway!:bbnotamused:

SpongeBronyPH

Giant Clam
First, Ernest Borgnine (1917-2012), and now Tim Conway (1933-2019)? Oh my god. Condolence to the voice actor of Barnacle Boy. We SpongeBob fans will deeply miss both him and Borgnine.:sbbye:

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
I was watching TVLand and they did a tribute to Tim Conway

(WITHOUT mentioning SBSP I might add!)

Nickelodeon should have done something also considering how much Mr. Conway meant to them and SpongeBob

The fact they didn't was disrespectful on their part IMHO

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
I was watching TVLand and they did a tribute to Tim Conway

(WITHOUT mentioning SBSP I might add!)

Nickelodeon should have done something also considering how much Mr. Conway meant to them and SpongeBob

The fact they didn't was disrespectful on their part IMHO
Maybe they will do it eventually?

spongedude

Wumbologist
Staff
I wouldn't expect Nick to do a tribute to Tim (or Ernest, for that matter). Stephen, maybe (but I don't have cable, so I didn't follow the news much after his death).

If Nick had a tribute for every actor or actress of every bit-part in their shows... well, let's just say that's unfeasible. TVLand makes a lot more sense, because that's their bread-n-butter: old shows with old stars. Not to mention that outside of us diehards, most SponeBob viewers neither know nor care who Tim Conway is. Not so for my parents' and grandparents' generation.

:confused:

Back