Background music and audio analysis in Spongebob and various other shows

DannyWapbang

Sponge of Mystery
That's nothing compared to Hanna-Barbera. They used the same cues in like 5 or 6 shows. Birdman and the Fantastic Four and maybe the Herculoids have the same cues.

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
I've noticed earlier seasons of Adventure Time have a different soundtrack than the rest of the show, especially season 1, season 1 had a bunch of peppy sounding electronic music. 2000s cartoons used classical music, while 2010s cartoon used electronic music

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
The Tartokovsky seasons of Dexters' Lab have that distinctive 90's trumpet sounding music, followed by a lot of soundtracks that have that 80's/90's drum beat

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
The Boondocks is like that as well, season 1 has a variety of different background cues, but in season 2/3/4, a lot of cues are repeated. Season 1 also used a lot of electronic keyboard music, while the other seasons didn't

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
I don't see why people say Johnny Test is a rip off of Dexter's Lab, they're nothing alike, the only thing they have in common is that they involve a laboratory. I also like how Johnny Test has more characters than Dexter's Lab does.

EM.

Moby Dollar
I don't see why people say Johnny Test is a rip off of Dexter's Lab, they're nothing alike, the only thing they have in common is that they involve a laboratory. I also like how Johnny Test has more characters than Dexter's Lab does.
Johnny Test has more in common with the Fairly OddParents imo, especially the art style

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish

In Dexter's Lab, they made a mistake when editing the episode on the flat bed, there are two tracks overlapping at once while Dee-Dee is playing twister with the robot

DannyWapbang

Sponge of Mystery
The water sound effect made beats more hilarious.

About sound effects, I noticed that certain Rocko episodes tend to use this overused scream sound from Sound Ideas. It was only used ONCE in SpongeBob during its early seasons, and that was in Hooky.

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
I've noticed that in the cel seasons of Dexter's Lab, the background music is more theatrical and scienencey soudning, while in the Savino seasons, it's more cartoony and gitty sounding

Back