Background music and audio analysis in Spongebob and various other shows

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
This topic is a sequel to the other topic I made analyzing the shows art, here we're gonna discuss the evolution of the audio and music in Spongebob, and various other shows

EM.

Moby Dollar
omg yes, let's hope this topic catches on the way the last one did

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
Ever notice how the characters tend to have more natural sounding dialogue in earlier seasons, as opposed to everything sounding slow and forced like it does now

EM.

Moby Dollar
Also the earlier seasons of FOP and season 1 of Johnny Test have a variety of soundtrack, whereas modern FOP (i think season 8-10) and seasons 2-6 of Johnny Test cycle through the same cues

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
I've noticed pre-movie episodes of Spongebob have better editing, newer episodes have poor background music choices, music that cuts off at improper times, to the point where it can make specific scenes cringe inducing

EM.

Moby Dollar
Ego Plum, while a good composer, is one of if not the the worst editors

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
Ego Plum, while a good composer, is one of if not the the worst editors

Weird how the pre-movie episodes have way better editing and sound effects, yet, they're using equipment that's privative compared to what we have today. Season 1 wasn't even digitally edited, they used flatbeds.

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
The early episodes of The FairlyOddParents are just like Spongebob, they had better editing, less music, and more toned down voice acting, and less screaming.

EM.

Moby Dollar
Music is another thing I find Johnny Test and The Fairly OddParents to have in common, in earlier episodes they each have a variety of a soundtrack, then later they cycle through the same music cues.

EM.

Moby Dollar
I wish Guy Moon would release the soundtrack for the Fairly OddParents or Danny Phantom one day, just like Kevin Manthei did for Johnny Test Season 1

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
I wish someone released the soundtrack for Dexter's Lab. It seems like Spongebob is the only show where the art syle and music is talked about, everything else is ignored

EM.

Moby Dollar
There's a soundtrack for Johnny Test season 1, where can I find this?
It was on his website since I believe 2009, and unfortunately he took it down at the beginning of this year, I could only save two of them, I did send him an email about it however and he said he might put it back up as Johnny Test is still popular, but that was at least a month ago, hopefully he will put it back up.

Back