In Progress Awe’s Season 1 Reviews

Awe

Floating Shopping List
So basically I am sick and got a lot of free time so I want to make a project. I decided that I will rewatch season 1 and review every episode and give it a proper ranking. I have seen the season countless time but have never graded the episodes.

I will be starting my rewatch right now and update the thread with each 5 or so episodes!

Last edited:

Awe

Floating Shopping List
My predictions for the top 5 and bottom 5 episodes:

Best:
5. Home Sweet Pineapple
4. Sleepy Time
3. SB-129
2. Rock Bottom
1. Pizza Delivery

Worst:
5. MM & BB 2
4. Nature Pants
3. The Paper
2. I Was A Teenage Gary
1. Valentines Day

Awe

Floating Shopping List
Help Wanted
EB3B0969-857E-4C69-81CB-6A2A6CD127C5.jpeg
Very good introduction to the show and for a pilot episode it’s very impressive. The episode is not as funny or good looking as what’s to come in the season though as there are not that many jokes in the episode. Help Wanted has a great feeling to it that saves it from being meh.
5.8/10
Good Episode

Reef Blower
F35B9BBB-D03A-47C8-BCB2-34F669D038F4.jpeg
What a weird episode for Spongebob. Coming off the pilot you’d think the next episode would be more similar in style to it but there is no dialogue. This kind of faults the episode resulting in it not being very funny, the only thing I found funny was Spongebob saying “you” with the subtitles. But Reef Blower’s extremely short runtime makes it decently enjoyable.
3.5/10 Meh Episode

Tea At The Treedome

92CF95C8-DA46-48CC-B351-CC9D17141DFD.jpeg
This episode is a fantastic way to introduce Sandy, arguably the best character introduction in the show. This episode is really just all around a good episode with the first iconic jokes of the show here. The humour has grown from the first two episodes resulting in a really funny season 1 episode.
6/10 Good Episode

Emy

Floating Shopping List
5.8 is a good rating? That's like slightly below ok for me.

Yoshi

Giant Clam
For me
0-7 is Anti-Perfect
8-13 is Horrible
14-25 is Really Bad
26-52 is Bad
53-59 is Meh
60-68 is OK
69-77 is Good
78-79 is Between Good and Great
80-88 is Great
89-92 is Amazing
93-100 is Perfect
101 is Better than Perfect. When we deal this rating, it's higher than the scale we are rating it on.

Reactions: Awe

Emy

Floating Shopping List
My whole rating system:

0 is F You
1 is Abysmal
2 is Awful
3 is Bad
4 is Lame
5 is Average
6 is Decent
7 is Good
8 is Great
9 is Fantastic
10 is Nearly Flawless

Awe

Floating Shopping List
Bubblestand
F027BA1B-1C7B-4356-A420-571AB8DD571B.jpeg
A pretty underrated episode with a lot of good laughs. Bubblestand is very simple and doesn’t have much in form of story but in my opinion the episode still works because of the gags and the great vibe.
5.5/10 Good Episode

Ripped Pants
E7D32E32-561B-40C5-8DB4-CCC40114165E.jpeg

While not being quite as funny as the previous 2 episodes, Ripped Pants redeems it self with a good story and some of the best designs on the random fish I have seen in the show. Of course the song number also elevates the episode which is a great scene and a good ending to the episode.
6/10 Good Episode

Awe

Floating Shopping List
JellyfishingF862E61E-C037-42CA-9293-E6F0C00C9839.jpeg
The first mean spirited episode. There is a line where Squid getting hurt just isn’t justified anymore. I don’t hate it or anything and I actually think it’s a good first portrayal of jellyfishing but I just feel like Squid is getting punished too much here.The episode has some classic jokes that brings the episode up a bit, such as hold it steady.

4.9/10 Meh Episode

Plankton!
CD8ECD26-5EDC-4AF7-A416-0735259D5180.jpeg

An interesting introduction to Plankton, I especially like the night scene where Plankton approaches Spongebob. The story here is fantastic and while this isn’t the funniest season 1 episode, we still get some good jokes like the lab one. Also some nice visuals when Plankton takes control of Spongebob.

5.6/10 Good Episode

Squidward1999

Balloon Traveler
122 Conch Street, Bikini Bottom (or the USA)
I feel that Jellyfishing gets a lot of slack for being mean spirited towards Squidward.

But if you think about it, Spongebob and Patrick didn't know that Squidward was in critical condition to take him out to Jellyfish Fields, and also during the time that they were inside (while Squidward was in critical condition) they did try to make attempts to take care of him...

It should also be noted that this was one of the earliest made episodes in production order (being assigned to SB 103) and that they probably experimented with a few things.

But I respect your opinion...

Awe

Floating Shopping List
I feel that Jellyfishing gets a lot of slack for being mean spirited towards Squidward.

But if you think about it, Spongebob and Patrick didn't know that Squidward was in critical condition to take him out to Jellyfish Fields, and also during the time that they were inside (while Squidward was in critical condition) they did try to make attempts to take care of him...

It should also be noted that this was one of the earliest made episodes in production order (being assigned to SB 103) and that they probably experimented with a few things.

But I respect your opinion...
I totally agree with you. It wasn’t that this episode made me dislike Spongebob or Patrick as they didn’t mean any harm. For me it just felt a bit too much like the episode was out to get Squidward. Especially the last scene where he gets zapped by the queen jellyfish again.

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
Good reviews as usual!
Season 1 is my favorite season probably.
I think that there is no bad episode in this season.
Help Wanted is very good, Reef Blower and Tea at the Treedome are good.
Bubblestand is great, Ripped Pants is very good.
Jellyfishing and Plankton! are good too.

Awe

Floating Shopping List
Good reviews as usual!
Season 1 is my favorite season probably.
I think that there is no bad episode in this season.
Help Wanted is very good, Reef Blower and Tea at the Treedome are good.
Bubblestand is great, Ripped Pants is very good.
Jellyfishing and Plankton! are good too.
Season 1 is my favourite as well! For me it’s not the best season as 2 and 3 are funnier but I just like watching season 1 the most.

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
Season 1 is my favourite as well! For me it’s not the best season as 2 and 3 are funnier but I just like watching season 1 the most.
I think that Season 2 and 3 are funnier(season 2 is the funniest probably) but the vibe and atmosphere in season 1 is way better than the other seasons and it is just classic so I like it more than the rest.

Back