Avengers Infinity War Discussion (Spoilers Spoilers SPOILERS)

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Great movie, though I liked the majority of the marvel movies I saw.

I was shocked at the ending :P

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Really good. I liked what they did with Thanos, he wasn't just a one-dimensional villain. All the setting up that the MCU has done over the last 10 years has really paid off, there's so many references in this movie to other movie.

The Squidward joke pretty much killed me

It was really sad seeing Spongebob/The Quickster) die in Mermaidman's arms

On a serious note, I really did enjoy this movie, and the ending. I can't wait for Part 2.

Coffee_lover

Banished
Infinity War definitely has interesting moments,but for the most part it's a very dumb movie,really,why in almost every serious moment all the characters talking about some kind of delirium like tastes of yogurts?I'm not saying that movie shouldn’t have any comedy,but you have to have some balance,I went to the cinema to see real story,not the buffoonery like Spongebob(If I already mentioned it,Spongebob reference is just 10/10)

AquaticKonquest

Fudanshi
Until this week the only Marvel Cinematic Universe movies I'd watched were Ant-Man and Black Panther, which were pretty awesome, but all the buzz with Infinity War got me into most of the other MCU films so I finally felt like I could watch the movie. I absolutely LOVED Infinity War and that ending had me and my friends at the edge of our seats.

I'd definitely give this a firm 10/10. Loved it so much I bought an Infinity War t-shirt in Primark to commemorate.

Also...THE CHRIS-TRIFECTA!!!!
And of course, Chadwick Boseman was as amazing as he was in Civil War and Black Panther :P

Cuz the topic's already labeled for spoilers, I'm going to point out something...and because I feel as if those who haven't seen the movie are likely to read this topic anyways, Imma just put it in a spoiler so they don't ruin the movie for themselves because it is REALLY GOOD and WORTH WATCHING! :thumbsup:

Most the characters that are supposedly dead are the ones that got introduced into the Avengers as time passed in the MCU; that is, they weren't Avengers in the first Avengers. Think about it: Black Widow, Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk...they're all still alive, same with Hawkeye who was of course not in this movie but is evidently likely to still be alive and safe as is Scott Lang.

When you think about it though, with the Homecoming and Black Panther sequels on the way you kind of know in the back of your head that these guys aren't gone for good. My personal guess is that Hawkeye and Ant-Man (and maybe the Wasp...?) will join the main four Avengers on a quest to undo what Thanos has done. Probably gonna be time travel or something, but with the absense of Doctor Strange and the Time Stone I'm wondering how that's gonna work.

Also, Captain Marvel will deffo play a part in the next part, so I'm looking forward to seeing how she gets involved and I'll be sure to watch her solo movie to get a better idea. So yeah, in the next part the Avengers are probably gonna work with whoever else is still alive, which will lead to some very interesting character and relationship dynamics.

Ellie Williams

Moby Dollar
I saw this movie yesterday with some friends and it was really good, I love the SpongeBob reference Tony has made "That means get lost Squidward!" the audience laughed at the part also Thanos was a great Villain but the ending where Peter was fading while holding Tony made me held my tears back since it was so heartbreaking to watch since he was only a kid while the other half of Avengers faded, my friends were shocked what happen but we're looking forward for part II coming from a year from now but this movie gives a 10/10

Spoilery talk eh? Why not.

Talking to this movie is hard, idk where to start. I'm just gonna talk about my negatives first, then end this post with a positive note.

Negatives:

- I love MCU so much but jfc they need to tone down the humor for good. I don't mind laughing and the movie definitely had some good jokes but at times, shoehorned humor was really noticable, especially after Thanos was done with Asgardian ship.

- I was so disappointed in Drax being more comedic than serious here. Look, I don't mind Drax being funny. He has always been a goofball but they really went a bit far with his humor that I stopped taking him seriously. This movie should have been more important to him. He lost his family because of Thanos' order to Ronan and I just couldn't feel as investment in him wanting to attack Thanos so badly.

- I wish there'd be more of Steve Rogers in the movie because I just love the character so much and he was the character that brought actual seriousness and stakes to MCU. Nevertheless, his development was seen here. He just stopped giving crap about what the goverment said about Avengers and he went all rogue on saving people and the universe.

- I felt like there were some ways to beat Thanos so easily like chopping his hand off or his head off but character barely used those attacks. I wish they'd use those but they'd still lose to him.

- WHEN IS OYOKE GONNA GET HER OWN STARBUCKS?

Positives:

- Dear lord, this was painfully dark and that comes off as a praise. This movie had balls to kill this many characters off and play it so seriously. I cried so many times in the theaters and I don't think I've cried this much to a superhero movie before, except of course Logan. Spider-Man's and Gamora's deaths were the most painful and emotionally rich. I know obviously Thanos' damage will be undone but some of deaths like Loki's and Visions are most likely permanent and there'll be some sacrifices in that in Avengers 4. I count on it.

- Thanos was awesome. This was his own movie and he was so complex, philosophical and sympathetic. That's how you write Thanos. I feel like some people who read the comics will be disappointed in Thanos having no interest in Lady Death but I actually liked that it wasn't like that. That aspect of Thanos is interesting but his motivation of killing half the universe because of limited resources and wanting peace and order was much more interesting. This might also be kind of unintentionally meta since this movie had too many characters. Thanos wasn't some evil dude for sake of it. He admired our protagonists, sympathized with them and grieved. He felt pain for killing Gamora but he did the necessary thing to keep the universe alive. Yeah, you can all say that "why couldn't he just use Infinity Stones to male limitless life sources?". I felt like he didn't do that because people would be very greedy and ungrateful for that. He expects that either we control our population or Thanos kills half of our kind again. Thanos believed he was the hero of the story and that's how you write a perfect villain.

- Scarlet Witch is OP af and I love that. It took 3 years for MCU to understand how powerful she is and I loved all of that.

- One constant theme I recognized after seeing this movie was that just like Thanos, our protagonists made hard decisions to stop him. Star-Lord was ready to kill Gamora, despite not wanting to. Gamora tried to kill herself but it didn't work. Strange gave up Time Stone because there was no other way to stop him. Scarlet Witch had to kill Vision to destroy Mind Stone. This movie and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 5 were all about making hard decisions and survival of our kind, major props to both.

- Acting was all around excellent, especially Josh Brolin, Chris Hemsowrth, Zoe Saldana and Tom Holland. Major praises to them for playing the most emotional scenes of the movie.

- Groot has a language of his own and Thor knows it! James Gunn recently confirmed last thing Groot said was "dad" to Rocket and yes, it was in the script. I'm gonna cry, excuse me for a second...

- Doctor Strange finally showed more magic tricks and he was awesome. I was in love with how he was written to be more than just a magician Stark in this movie.

- "I'm Groot", "I'm Steve Rogers". I love this part so much.

- Rocket obviously wanting Bucky's arm. Oh Rocket you crack me up.

- Speaking of Rocket, he was amazing in this movie. He desperatly wanted to be the captain of their crew and he got it by losing all of the members. One notable thing was that he said he had a lot to lose and that's what happened. AND HE LOST GROTT TWICE. This rabbit can't catch a break.

- Squidward reference.

- Ebony Maw was the only memorable member of The Black Order but idc, he was creepy and intense. The way he talked was chilling and so much fun. He may not be a compelling villain but he was such a fun one. Such a shame he was killed off first. :/

- I loved seeing so many different character interactions, it's insane. My favorites are Thor/Rocket, Tony/Strange, Steve/Groot and Thanos/Gamora.

- That Scarlet Witch, Black Widow and Oyoke fight was awesome. Good to see ladies of MCU teaming up to kick butt.

- The awkward moment between Black Widow and Bruce. I'm thankful Russo's mentioned their romance as a joke because I hated their romance so much and they deserved a burn.

- Peter Dinklage was a giant dwarf and it was so good.

- It was lame to not see Hawkeye in this but I liked the explanation of him being on house arrest for his family and I felt like he's gonna be important in Avengers 4 cuz his family is probably gonna be erased. RIP.

- Samuel L. Jackson almost saying "motherf***er" in MCU. About time.

- End credit scene of Captain Marvel tease made me hyped for her own movie already. It's gonna be tough to wait for it for a year.

- The whole scene of Scarlet destroying Mind Stone was one powerful. Not because I'm really interested in Scarlet and Vision romance, tho "All I feel is you" was emotional but the whole scene felt so hopeless. Nobody had the power to stop Thanos and Scarlet was devistated and broken by killing Vision. Thanos' victory was slowly rising and all Scarlet was doing was stopping him with any means necessary. She did it but Thanos reversed time and killed Vision. That was brutal and it broke me.

- I don't usually praise music when it comes to MCU but the background music was some of the most memorable in MCU history. Especially scenes with Gamora's death, Vision's death and the credits had outstanding music.

- One little thing but I loved that Gamora's death was not only dark and devistating, It was so interesting to see that aspect played like one epic fantasy story like Lord of the Rings.

- "What did it cost?", "everything".

- Everyone clapping at the beginning and at the end. So powerful.

This movie is flawed but it was the darkest, the most emotional and the most powerful MCU movie to date and idk how Avengers 4 will be able to top it. Major credits to cast and crew and everyone else who was involved with this great movie.

Grade: A-

TheLocalAquatic said:
Cuz the topic's already labeled for spoilers, I'm going to point out something...and because I feel as if those who haven't seen the movie are likely to read this topic anyways, Imma just put it in a spoiler so they don't ruin the movie for themselves because it is REALLY GOOD and WORTH WATCHING! :thumbsup:
but he put spoilers in the title already. Anyone that wanna check out are gonna spoil themselves anyway. We gave them a warning. If they don't back away, it's not our fault. :P

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Spoilery talk eh? Why not.

Talking to this movie is hard, idk where to start. I'm just gonna talk about my negatives first, then end this post with a positive note.

Negatives:

- I love MCU so much but jfc they need to tone down the humor for good. I don't mind laughing and the movie definitely had some good jokes but at times, shoehorned humor was really noticable, especially after Thanos was done with Asgardian ship.

- I was so disappointed in Drax being more comedic than serious here. Look, I don't mind Drax being funny. He has always been a goofball but they really went a bit far with his humor that I stopped taking him seriously. This movie should have been more important to him. He lost his family because of Thanos' order to Ronan and I just couldn't feel as investment in him wanting to attack Thanos so badly.

- I wish there'd be more of Steve Rogers in the movie because I just love the character so much and he was the character that brought actual seriousness and stakes to MCU. Nevertheless, his development was seen here. He just stopped giving crap about what the goverment said about Avengers and he went all rogue on saving people and the universe.

- I felt like there were some ways to beat Thanos so easily like chopping his hand off or his head off but character barely used those attacks. I wish they'd use those but they'd still lose to him.

- WHEN IS OYOKE GONNA GET HER OWN STARBUCKS?

Positives:

- Dear lord, this was painfully dark and that comes off as a praise. This movie had balls to kill this many characters off and play it so seriously. I cried so many times in the theaters and I don't think I've cried this much to a superhero movie before, except of course Logan. Spider-Man's and Gamora's deaths were the most painful and emotionally rich. I know obviously Thanos' damage will be undone but some of deaths like Loki's and Visions are most likely permanent and there'll be some sacrifices in that in Avengers 4. I count on it.

- Thanos was awesome. This was his own movie and he was so complex, philosophical and sympathetic. That's how you write Thanos. I feel like some people who read the comics will be disappointed in Thanos having no interest in Lady Death but I actually liked that it wasn't like that. That aspect of Thanos is interesting but his motivation of killing half the universe because of limited resources and wanting peace and order was much more interesting. This might also be kind of unintentionally meta since this movie had too many characters. Thanos wasn't some evil dude for sake of it. He admired our protagonists, sympathized with them and grieved. He felt pain for killing Gamora but he did the necessary thing to keep the universe alive. Yeah, you can all say that "why couldn't he just use Infinity Stones to male limitless life sources?". I felt like he didn't do that because people would be very greedy and ungrateful for that. He expects that either we control our population or Thanos kills half of our kind again. Thanos believed he was the hero of the story and that's how you write a perfect villain.

- Scarlet Witch is OP af and I love that. It took 3 years for MCU to understand how powerful she is and I loved all of that.

- One constant theme I recognized after seeing this movie was that just like Thanos, our protagonists made hard decisions to stop him. Star-Lord was ready to kill Gamora, despite not wanting to. Gamora tried to kill herself but it didn't work. Strange gave up Time Stone because there was no other way to stop him. Scarlet Witch had to kill Vision to destroy Mind Stone. This movie and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 5 were all about making hard decisions and survival of our kind, major props to both.

- Acting was all around excellent, especially Josh Brolin, Chris Hemsowrth, Zoe Saldana and Tom Holland. Major praises to them for playing the most emotional scenes of the movie.

- Groot has a language of his own and Thor knows it! James Gunn recently confirmed last thing Groot said was "dad" to Rocket and yes, it was in the script. I'm gonna cry, excuse me for a second...

- Doctor Strange finally showed more magic tricks and he was awesome. I was in love with how he was written to be more than just a magician Stark in this movie.

- "I'm Groot", "I'm Steve Rogers". I love this part so much.

- Rocket obviously wanting Bucky's arm. Oh Rocket you crack me up.

- Speaking of Rocket, he was amazing in this movie. He desperatly wanted to be the captain of their crew and he got it by losing all of the members. One notable thing was that he said he had a lot to lose and that's what happened. AND HE LOST GROTT TWICE. This rabbit can't catch a break.

- Squidward reference.

- Ebony Maw was the only memorable member of The Black Order but idc, he was creepy and intense. The way he talked was chilling and so much fun. He may not be a compelling villain but he was such a fun one. Such a shame he was killed off first. :/

- I loved seeing so many different character interactions, it's insane. My favorites are Thor/Rocket, Tony/Strange, Steve/Groot and Thanos/Gamora.

- That Scarlet Witch, Black Widow and Oyoke fight was awesome. Good to see ladies of MCU teaming up to kick butt.

- The awkward moment between Black Widow and Bruce. I'm thankful Russo's mentioned their romance as a joke because I hated their romance so much and they deserved a burn.

- Peter Dinklage was a giant dwarf and it was so good.

- It was lame to not see Hawkeye in this but I liked the explanation of him being on house arrest for his family and I felt like he's gonna be important in Avengers 4 cuz his family is probably gonna be erased. RIP.

- Samuel L. Jackson almost saying "motherf***er" in MCU. About time.

- End credit scene of Captain Marvel tease made me hyped for her own movie already. It's gonna be tough to wait for it for a year.

- The whole scene of Scarlet destroying Mind Stone was one powerful. Not because I'm really interested in Scarlet and Vision romance, tho "All I feel is you" was emotional but the whole scene felt so hopeless. Nobody had the power to stop Thanos and Scarlet was devistated and broken by killing Vision. Thanos' victory was slowly rising and all Scarlet was doing was stopping him with any means necessary. She did it but Thanos reversed time and killed Vision. That was brutal and it broke me.

- I don't usually praise music when it comes to MCU but the background music was some of the most memorable in MCU history. Especially scenes with Gamora's death, Vision's death and the credits had outstanding music.

- One little thing but I loved that Gamora's death was not only dark and devistating, It was so interesting to see that aspect played like one epic fantasy story like Lord of the Rings.

- "What did it cost?", "everything".

- Everyone clapping at the beginning and at the end. So powerful.

This movie is flawed but it was the darkest, the most emotional and the most powerful MCU movie to date and idk how Avengers 4 will be able to top it. Major credits to cast and crew and everyone else who was involved with this great movie.

Grade: A-

but he put spoilers in the title already. Anyone that wanna check out are gonna spoil themselves anyway. We gave them a warning. If they don't back away, it's not our fault. :P

The people who get spoiled aren't going to feel so good........ They didn't want to know what happens yet! :sbfunny:

Wintermelon43 said:
The people who get spoiled aren't going to feel so good........ They didn't want to know what happens yet! :sbfunny:
well if they clicked this topic, they knew what they were going in and they wanted to know what happened in the movie so. :P

Back