Nicktoonsummersplash2001

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Hi guys! I've been playing Spongebob supersponge on the PS1 since I was 7 or 8 years old, And I thought it was a nice little 2D/3D mixed platformer!

I noticed that the game had some flaws according to some people, such as slippery controls (Especially when using the coral blower), Awkward graphics (They thought the graphics on the final build was awkward? They need to look at the prototype build-ups that have been dumped not-so-recently), etc.

I thought I would take the liberty of making a sequel on gamemaker. I started development on Wednesday, and worked on it during Lunch at school, and most of the time in the afternoon when I got home from school. I have created 5 test levels so far. Here are some screenshots of the test levels-
screenshot130.png
screenshot123.png

I will post more later on. Until then, Catch ya later! :sbthumbs:

Nicktoonsummersplash2001

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Ihavedahswag said:
Yes, I remember this game!! I converted it into an EBOOT before so that I could play it on my PSP :sbthumbs:
It worked perfectly and I beat the game
It was fun
:sbparty:
Never knew you could do stuff like that until now. Interesting! :P Oh, and here are more screenshots :D
screenshot108.png
screenshot137.png

nicoyazawa227

にっこにっこにー♪
This looks good! I still have my original copy, abiet without the box. I like this game, it's fun. I'd be happy to help you out if you needed any. :D

BenPaz: Act Zero

My Waifu
Yellow Avenger needs a remake too. But I would love playing another version of Super Sponge. I've only played the GBA Version.

Nicktoonsummersplash2001

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Update: I'm planning on releasing the first build up before halloween so that everyone can test the game so far and tell me how it is.

Nicktoonsummersplash2001

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Alright guys, here's the first build up.

PROS
Controls aren't as slippery as in the first game
Jumping is nice, and high.
Nice and easy (These are test levels..so yeah...)

CONS
Enemies are walking one way, and not the other.
Music is from the show, instead of having original music that resembles the first game (I will provide software for someone willing to compose the music)
Backgrounds are from the show as well. (If anyone is willing to make the backgrounds, sprites, and such, then great!)
Lack of butt bounce attack (In the works of making the butt-bounce attack like in the first game. For now, you jump on the enemies to kill them.)

Link to the first build-up - https://www.mediafire.com/?hkg7n51y7n5sc67

HELP WANTED -

Music composers, Software and instruments used for the first game will be provided unless you wanna be creative and compose something different.

Graphics designers (sprites, backgrounds, etc.) If you need the software, i'm more than happy to provide it to you. Just tell me which is the best, and I'll get you the software in a jiff.

Coders, Sometimes coding can be very hard and lonely ;-; (coding used in gamemaker 8.1)

That's all for now. Until next time, See you later! :sbthumbs:

BrickSponge2015

See You Ocean Man...
IDK if I could be a full-on composer but could you maybe send me the instruments from the game if possible? you could use stuff I make while just messing around
a .sf2 would be great
it's fine if you can't or something but just wondering

Back