• Moviebob

Votes: 12 9.4%
  • Modern SpongeBob Animation

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Cheekbob (season 6 version)

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Noodlebob knock-off (Season 4-5)

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • 2004 produced early season 4 (season 3 lookalikes)

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • Greenblattbob (Dying for Pie and Fear of a Krabby Patty)

Votes: 22 17.3%

• Total voters

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
SpongeBob's inward cheeks in season 3 during normal animation:

1669854514917.png

SpongeBob's inward cheeks in markerbob:

1669854652967.png

Weird how they appear a lot at the end of pre-movie despite the staff originally planning to end the show after these episodes.

Here's my estimation of the order of all known markerbob media to ever have been produced:

1. traditional cel animation (Karate Choppers, Hooky, The Paper, MM&BB II)
2. early digital markerbob (Bossy Boots to Dumped)
3. Transit markerbob (I'm Your Biggest Fanatic-Fry Cook Games)
4. pseudo full on stage (Squid on Strike- My Pretty Seahorse)
5. Conventional season 3 markerbob with vibrant colors (The Bully-Missing Identity)
6. The Sponge Who Could Fly Walk Cycle (The final instance of yellow markerbob)
7. Ugh: Krusty Krab Cut Scene
8. Party Pooper Pants markerbob cut scenes
9. Pranks a Lot (finalized markerbob with brigher colors and extremely on model artwork)
10. 2002 Kraft Mac and Cheese advertisement

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
1669883849779.png1669883689817.png
maybe in the future SpongeBob will have an episode recreating the old animation style kinda like what the Simpsons did in their newest special

Last edited:

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish

PizzaApple

Giant Clam
why was plankton's mouth pink in some episodes
View attachment 17369View attachment 17371
The purple throat seems to be a coloring variant, similar to palebob. Assuming SpongeBob Wiki galleries show the episode's original coloring, Plankton's throat is supposed to be its usual color in the example you showed.
Best_Frenemies_122.png
However, in New Leaf, the purple throat IS the original coloring, assuming the SpongeBob Wiki galleries show the original coloring of episodes.
New_Leaf_011 (1).png

PinkPugPrincess

Baby Patrick Star
Staff
The purple throat seems to be a coloring variant, similar to palebob. Assuming SpongeBob Wiki galleries show the episode's original coloring, Plankton's throat is supposed to be its usual color in the example you showed.
View attachment 17428
However, in New Leaf, the purple throat IS the original coloring, assuming the SpongeBob Wiki galleries show the original coloring of episodes.
View attachment 17429
I can confirm that the galleries do show the original colouring and thus are reliable sources. 🙂

PizzaApple

Giant Clam
I can confirm that the galleries do show the original colouring and thus are reliable sources. 🙂
Well that's cool! I guess that's why the SpongeBob Wiki galleries have a low prevalence of palebob episodes compared to other spongebob galleries.

Not even Choir Boys' gallery is palebob on SpongeBob Wiki, and that episode is notorious for being palebob most places its shown.

PinkPugPrincess

Baby Patrick Star
Staff
Well that's cool! I guess that's why the SpongeBob Wiki galleries have a low prevalence of palebob episodes compared to other spongebob galleries.

Not even Choir Boys' gallery is palebob on SpongeBob Wiki, and that episode is notorious for being palebob most places its shown.
Despite that, the error of Spob being coloured incorrectly in "Patchy's Playlist" is present on the wiki's gallery since it is an error that cannot be unseen.

PizzaApple

Giant Clam
Despite that, the error of Spob being coloured incorrectly in "Patchy's Playlist" is present on the wiki's gallery since it is an error that cannot be unseen.
I feel like that doesn't count since those are archived recordings of other episodes featured in Patchy's Playlist. It's still technically Patchy's Playlist's original coloring, just not the original coloring of the episodes it borrowed scenes from.

Back