• Moviebob

Votes: 12 9.4%
  • Modern SpongeBob Animation

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Cheekbob (season 6 version)

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Noodlebob knock-off (Season 4-5)

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • 2004 produced early season 4 (season 3 lookalikes)

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • Greenblattbob (Dying for Pie and Fear of a Krabby Patty)

Votes: 22 17.3%

• Total voters

Graperpetual Pretzel

Choir Boys bad Something Smells good
I actually like Season 9-present but I do agree that sometimes the animation is too over-the-top. But I actually ruled down modern SpongeBob's designs down to three.
Screen Shot 2021-09-11 at 12.34.50.png
Modern SB art style 1 - Probably the most on-model design. SpongeBob's eyes are a bit smaller but not really in the same way as Season 6-8. Seen in episodes like Stormy Weather and Pat Hearts Squid
Screen Shot 2021-09-11 at 12.35.12.png
Modern SB style 2 - This design kind of looks a little compressed. SpongeBob's eyebrows are thinner and his eyes are like ovals, kind of like Gumball season 2, and his cheeks are stretched. This is a VERY common style in modern SB
Screen Shot 2021-09-11 at 12.39.34.png
Modern SB style 3 - This is more of a wacky facial expression, and it kind of reminds me of C.H. Greenblatt's art. Seen in episodes like Karen's Baby.
The first two pictures were from Pat the Dog, and the third from Karen's Baby. It kind of feels like the animators are making SpongeBob's shade of yellow a little darker in the past few episodes, and I give them kudos for that. But one thing to note is that these three styles constantly shift, even in one episode. In fact, it feels like SpongeBob's design shifts multiple times every episode.

Squidward1999

Balloon Traveler
122 Conch Street, Bikini Bottom (or the USA)
I should probably rephrase my question, what if all of Season 1 (with the exception of Help Wanted) was digitally animated?

(Also the reason Help Wanted is exclusively cel animated in my case is the same reason as to why some of the pilot episode of Family Guy is animated in cel)

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
I should probably rephrase my question, what if all of Season 1 (with the exception of Help Wanted) was digitally animated?

(Also the reason Help Wanted is exclusively cel animated in my case is the same reason as to why some of the pilot episode of Family Guy is animated in cel)

The family guy pilot was digital

Back