• Moviebob

Votes: 12 9.5%
  • Modern SpongeBob Animation

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Cheekbob (season 6 version)

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Noodlebob knock-off (Season 4-5)

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • 2004 produced early season 4 (season 3 lookalikes)

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • Greenblattbob (Dying for Pie and Fear of a Krabby Patty)

Votes: 21 16.7%

• Total voters

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
In the Adventure Time episode Fionna and Cake, the Fionna and Cake part of the episode is animated in season 1's art style, but the ending with the Ice King, Finn, and Jake has normal season 3 art

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
Funny thing about season 3 of Adventure Time is that the animation is changing, but the tone is still the same as seasons 1/2. Season 4 is when the show's tone start to shift to being more serious

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
I understand that Conquest of Cuteness is the first episode of season 3 of Adventure Time, but this episode feels like a legit season 2 episode with the animation and music:

1606169826149.png

1606169853010.png

The classic Adventure Time atmosphere is still present in this episode, and this is right before it gradually starts to fade away. I also don't feel any nostalgia towards episodes after the classic AT feeling was taken away. Given that season 3 has a similar tone to s1/s2, just slightly darker, I wish they kept the old art style and music for more episodes in this season.

1606170253426.png

The animation still has bolder lines and brighter colors, just like season 1 and 2. "Memory of a Memory", "Still", "Hitman", "Too Young", "Ghost Princess" are the only other season 3 episodes with classic Adventure Time artwork and background music. Scary how those and episodes like "Dad's Dungeon" are in the same season. I find it frustrating how Spongebob seems to be the only show that most people notice the shift in art, tone, and music.

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
I think the earlier seasons of Adventure Time were animated on threes, while later episodes were animated on twos and ones. I've noticed the frame getting higher in season 4

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
The season 2 episode of Dexter's Lab "The Morning Stretch" has a greenish tint. Someone must've screwed something up in the dark room. Given the fact that the first two seasons of Dexter's Lab were cel animated, I think all the special effects were done optically.

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
In the season 3 adventure time episode "Memory of a Memory", when Finn and Jake are in Marceline's living room, they both have their season 1 designs from here, until the end of the episode:

season 3 season 1 design .jpg

Back