• Moviebob

Votes: 12 9.4%
  • Modern SpongeBob Animation

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Cheekbob (season 6 version)

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Noodlebob knock-off (Season 4-5)

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • 2004 produced early season 4 (season 3 lookalikes)

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • Greenblattbob (Dying for Pie and Fear of a Krabby Patty)

Votes: 22 17.3%

• Total voters

DannyWapbang

Sponge of Mystery
The season 1 artstyle is the best. Everything looked so cute. The cel animated PPG is also another favorite of mine.

What can I say? Cel animation makes everything look cute! (For example, a Hanna-Barbera cartoon like Quick Draw McGraw or even Birdman.)

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
I think season 1 is ugly, but it does look decent when it has thicker lines
The season 1 artstyle is the best. Everything looked so cute. The cel animated PPG is also another favorite of mine.

What can I say? Cel animation makes everything look cute! (For example, a Hanna-Barbera cartoon like Quick Draw McGraw or even Birdman.)

I think season 1 is ugly for the most part, it does look better when the episodes have thicker lines

DannyWapbang

Sponge of Mystery
I think season 1 is ugly, but it does look decent when it has thicker lines

I think season 1 is ugly for the most part, it does look better when the episodes have thicker lines
The thick lines just add to the cuteness of the animation. You can see thick lines in many HB shows, btw.

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
If I recall correctly, season 3 of Adventure Time was when the animation started to change, I think "Hitman" was the last episode to have the show's original art style

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
The season 3 episode of Adventure Time “Conquest of Cutness” had to have been produced for season 2, it has the same animation and background music as the first two seasons, even though it’s the third season premiere, same with “Memory of a Memory”, and “Still”, those episodes also have the animation and background music of season 1/2

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
Now that I'm rewatching season 3 of Adventure Time, there were a few other episodes that had the animation style of the first two seasons, Ghost Princess and The Creeps also had the animation and soundtrack of seasons 1/2. Some episodes look like a blend of both art styles

EM.

Moby Dollar
In Johnny Test, Eugene has a chip in his tooth in season 1, but in the flash seasons, he doesn't have one
In season 1, Dukey walks and stands on four legs like an actual dog, whereas the flash seasons he walks and stands on two legs.

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
In season 1, Dukey walks and stands on four legs like an actual dog, whereas the flash seasons he walks and stands on two legs.

Season 1 also doesn't have the same facial expression twice, because it's the only season to be done traditionally. The flash seasons reuse poses and facial expressions

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
I Was a Teenage Gary was very creepy because it has a lot of weird stuff that you would only see in modern Spongebob episodes, and seeing Spongebob's body stretch and do all sorts of weird things in traditional cel animation makes the experience more uncanny

Back