• Moviebob

Votes: 12 9.4%
  • Modern SpongeBob Animation

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Cheekbob (season 6 version)

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Noodlebob knock-off (Season 4-5)

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • 2004 produced early season 4 (season 3 lookalikes)

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • Greenblattbob (Dying for Pie and Fear of a Krabby Patty)

Votes: 22 17.3%

• Total voters

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
transit markerbob Spongebob design .png

In I'm With Stupid, which is obviously a markerbob episode, Spongebob has his transit design for the first few -seconds when he's knocking on Patrick's door, but for the rest of the episode, he's full-on:

full-on markerbob.png

For those who don't notice, look at Spongebob's head shape, the transit one is more nacho shaped (Skinnier on the bottom, wider on the top), but the full-on markerbob design is proportionately square.

EM.

Moby Dollar
View attachment 12331

In I'm With Stupid, which is obviously a markerbob episode, Spongebob has his transit design for the first few -seconds when he's knocking on Patrick's door, but for the rest of the episode, he's full-on:

View attachment 12332

For those who don't notice, look at Spongebob's head shape, the transit one is more nacho shaped (Skinnier on the bottom, wider on the top), but the full-on markerbob design is proportionately square.
That looks more like early rather than transit

EM.

Moby Dollar
Markerbob didn't last long enough. I wish season 4 used toonz premium so we could have a fourth stage of markerbob. Not pseudo markerbob, real markerbob. If we had stage 4 markerbob, I wonder what it would look like.
Ehh ToonBoom must be easier and more advanced than ToonzPremium

SpongeyMind

Balloon Traveler
Markerbob didn't last long enough. I wish season 4 used toonz premium so we could have a fourth stage of markerbob. Not pseudo markerbob, real markerbob. If we had stage 4 markerbob, I wonder what it would look like.
If i could animate properly, i would recreate season 4 scenes with markerbob, that would be amazing

SpongeyMind

Balloon Traveler
2 seasons of markerbob, thats kinda sad if you think about it, like you said, i wish half of season 4 stuck with Toonz P

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
I think season 3 of Dexter's Lab used Toonz Premium, but season 4 used toon boom. That's why season 4 has vast coloring improvement. Now the first two seasons+ego trip are cel animated, even a blind person knows that.

Last edited:

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
2 seasons of markerbob, thats kinda sad if you think about it, like you said, i wish half of season 4 stuck with Toonz P

I think every season 4 episode up to Krabs vs Plankton used Toonz Premium. There are some scenes that look like season 3 except with dull colors, but then again, I could be wrong, since early season 4 does have higher picture quality.

Back