• Moviebob

Votes: 12 9.4%
  • Modern SpongeBob Animation

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Cheekbob (season 6 version)

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Noodlebob knock-off (Season 4-5)

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • 2004 produced early season 4 (season 3 lookalikes)

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • Greenblattbob (Dying for Pie and Fear of a Krabby Patty)

Votes: 21 16.5%

• Total voters

PizzaApple

Giant Clam
Season 1 of SpongeBob’s cel animation used to scare me as a kid, so much so that because of it, I stopped watching it for a while when I was little.
Dang. I was the reverse. I loved SpongeBob season 1 as a kid due to its darker colors, I found it fascinating and one time when I was around 7 I put notes on two of my SpongeBob DVDs saying "includes x Season 1 episodes" lol

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
Simon has his classic eyebrows in all the panned out shots in Mortal Recoil:

1675664241727.png

Simon's eyebrows become modern in Hitman:

1675664141663.png

In Still, Simon's classic Season 1-2 eyebrows return:
1675663871860.png

But in Wizard Battle, literally the next episode, he has his modern eyebrows again:

1675663811558.png

Then in Holly Jolly Secrets, his classic thunderbolt eyebrows come back again:

1675664426568.png

PizzaApple

Giant Clam
Hey, Original Raw and Uncut did you ever watch PBS Kids as a kid? I think the changes in animation are pretty interesting especially for older shows like Arthur (first 15 seasons were traditionally animated, flash from then on) and Cyberchase (first 5 seasons traditional, flash after).

Season 5 of Cyberchase had this unique art style that no other season in the show had.
Kids-mezzannine-16x9_537.jpg

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
Hey, Original Raw and Uncut did you ever watch PBS Kids as a kid? I think the changes in animation are pretty interesting especially for older shows like Arthur (first 15 seasons were traditionally animated, flash from then on) and Cyberchase (first 5 seasons traditional, flash after).

Season 5 of Cyberchase had this unique art style that no other season in the show had.
View attachment 17906

I did infact watch PBS as a kid. I was thrown off when Cyberchase switched to flash and I noticed immediately. At the time, like many other people, I still had a CRT TV in my living room and I was still able to tell the difference.

What in particular makes season 5 stand out among the rest of the series?

I do know that the pilot was traditional cel animation, and the first five seasons were digital ink and paint until the switch of flash.

I also don’t remember if the flash seasons had the live action segments or not, I remember really liking those as a kid.

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
1675701590695.pngis this season 4 spongebob?
i am not talking about the outlines or anything, but do the eyebrows make him look like season 4bob?

PizzaApple

Giant Clam
What in particular makes season 5 stand out among the rest of the series?
Honestly, everything. I can tell when a Cyberchase episode is Season 5 at first glance, the characters have larger pupils, more expressive eyes brighter, warmer color palette, much thicker outlines and more interesting animation. I'd call it the SpongeBob Season 4 of Cyberchase. It looks very different from the first four seasons in my opinion, and better in my opinion too. I wish they had at least kept that art style for one more season.

Cyberchase Season 2
Screenshot_20230206-123146~2.png

Cyberchase Season 5
x1080 (1).jpeg
Sometimes Jackie also has thicker eyebrows than usual in Season 5.

Screenshot_20230206-124047~2.png

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
Honestly, everything. I can tell when a Cyberchase episode is Season 5 at first glance, the characters have larger pupils, more expressive eyes brighter, warmer color palette, much thicker outlines and more interesting animation. I'd call it the SpongeBob Season 4 of Cyberchase. It looks very different from the first four seasons in my opinion, and better in my opinion too. I wish they had at least kept that art style for one more season.

Cyberchase Season 2
View attachment 17910

Cyberchase Season 5
View attachment 17912
Sometimes Jackie also has thicker eyebrows than usual in Season 5.

View attachment 17914

A Fraction of a Chance is Cyberchase Pranks a Lot.

My favorite episode when I was little was when they were inside hacker, I saw it when it originally aired in 2007.

PizzaApple

Giant Clam
A Fraction of a Chance is Cyberchase Pranks a Lot.

My favorite episode when I was little was when they were inside hacker, I saw it when it originally aired in 2007.
I would consider Season 5 of Cyberchase to be the Cyberchase Season 4, and Season 6 and on to be its own thing that doesn't really have an equivalent in SpongeBob since SpongeBob never stopped using flash animation. If the first five Cyberchase seasons were one show, A Tikiville Turkey Day would be the Cyberchase Pranks a Lot. Season 5 looks like it was animated by a different studio.

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
I would consider Season 5 of Cyberchase to be the Cyberchase Season 4, and Season 6 and on to be its own thing that doesn't really have an equivalent in SpongeBob since SpongeBob never stopped using flash animation. If the first five Cyberchase seasons were one show, A Tikiville Turkey Day would be the Cyberchase Pranks a Lot. Season 5 looks like it was animated by a different studio.

Cyberchase also follows the status quo of many animated shows having more modern episodes than classic. The flash episodes outnumber the traditional ones.

Back