• Moviebob

Votes: 12 9.4%
  • Modern SpongeBob Animation

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Cheekbob (season 6 version)

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Noodlebob knock-off (Season 4-5)

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • 2004 produced early season 4 (season 3 lookalikes)

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • Greenblattbob (Dying for Pie and Fear of a Krabby Patty)

Votes: 22 17.3%

• Total voters

SuperSponge1234

Dead Inspector
Season 2 of Dexter's Lab suffers from the Butt Dial effect, every episode before "Photo Finish" has more balanced colors and more fluent animation:

View attachment 16073

Episodes in the part of season 2 that's closer to Ego Trip have a reddish tint and more streamlined designs and movement:

View attachment 16074

Dexter's hair is also red in this half of the season instead of orange. This isn't a color pallet choice, this is a mastering issue, as the animation cels for those episode don't look like that, although Dexter's darker hair color is still present on the cels:

View attachment 16075
sadly i never watched dex since i watched mostly cn shows is did they use cell like sb

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
sadly i never watched dex since i watched mostly cn shows is did they use cell like sb

The first two seasons of Dexter were cel animated. When the show was revived in 2001 and Chris Savino took over, they switched to digital. Cartoon Network did reruns of the cel animated episodes more often than the digital ones.

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
DID cell dex have like a markerbob style

The cel animated episodes had a linear style that gradually changed over the progression of time, there was no switching.

The Savino seasons from '01-'03 had two styles that would alternate like SpongeBob does, one that was very blocky and resembled the Fairly OddParents:

1659745324441.png

And another one that was more rough that always reminded me of first season of Johnny Test:

1659745396197.png

SuperSponge1234

Dead Inspector
The cel animated episodes had a linear style that gradually changed over the progression of time, there was no switching.

The Savino seasons from '01-'03 had two styles that would alternate like SpongeBob does, one that was very blocky and resembled the Fairly OddParents:

View attachment 16076

And another one that was more rough that always reminded me of first season of Johnny Test:

View attachment 16077
Interesting there is something about the cell style also i have watched a modern ep of sb with the pale color like the classic season do you have any idea why

Back