Are you a completist?

Fear Of A Nerdy Patty

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Or do you only own the seasons that you like on DVD?

For me it was never a question about getting 4 since I always found it a great and underrated season.

I also convinced myself to get 5 after I had a feeling I was misjudging it (I kept calling it bad when I was young only because of Fungus Among Us, which is ridiculous). And whaddayaknow, now I like this season too.

I felt very conflicted in regards to 6 since that was the first one to get a really infamous reputation, and although some episodes sounded promising others just look horrible. But in the end, it seemed like an interesting enough watch that I decided to purchase it. Three episodes in I haven't come across a bad egg yet (though The Splinter isn't far away 😐).

When it comes to 7 however, I might skip this one. Now, I still plan on seeing it in full, just not sure if it's DVD worthy. Unlike 5 (before I finally watched it in full that is) and 6 I have actually seen a bit more, and have some episodes I really can't stand. Someone's In The Kitchen With Sandy made me infuriated, and One Coarse Meal was even worse! So far that's my least favorite episode. I haven't seen A Pal For Gary, but it would be very hard to beat how soulcrushing OCM is. I also found the Legends entries Sponge-Cano! and Trenchbillies boring and stupid.
But people talk very positively of Back To The Past/The Bad Guy Club For Villains and The Abrasive Side/Earworm. And Squidward In Clarinetland looks really cool. So we shall see, I guess...

Season 8 I'm similarly mixed about. I've only seen Face-Freeze! which I thought was bad and Are You Happy Now? which I actually didn't mind but might need to rewatch. And several others seem boring or annoying. Still, there are some episodes just like 7 people seem to like.

9 I will most definitely get since that was Hillenburg's return.

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
I have seasons 1-8 on DVD, but I'm waiting until December to get 9-11 on DVD.

Typically I only use mine for screenshots and transcripts and other info.

I used to get the individual themed DVDs before season 5 came out...

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
I've got all the seasons on DVD (and it looks like I'll be getting season 12 in January). Even though I don't really go back and watch seasons 6-8, it's nice to have them.

Yoh Manta

Moby Dollar
I only ever owned the seasons I liked on DVD. Honestly though, I'm not hardcore about collecting DVDs for any show.

Grass-Skirt-Chase

Call me Këlp0
How long have you been a SpongeBob fan? Based on the fact that there’s quite a few you haven’t seen yet, it sounds like you’ve only been in the fandom a few years. Or perhaps you’ve just not kept up with the show in a while and are deciding to dive back in? I’m just curious. 😄

I have Season 2 (my favorite season) on DVD and really want Season 1 as well, but I’d rather spend money on other SpongeBob merch instead since I can just watch Season 1 on Amazon.

coft

happy hopping moron
I have every themed dvd from Seasons 1 - 4 and a few others from season 5 and beyond

SploderEnigma

Floating Shopping List
I got Seasons 1-3 as a kid. Wanted to get Season 4 a few years back but could only find Lost in Time. Nowadays I don't care that much for DVDs

Fear Of A Nerdy Patty

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I've changed my mind since the making of this thread. Have decided to collect all of them.

Season 7 will be quite a ride, that's for sure. But at least it seems to have more highlights than the worst seasons of The Simpsons.

pgh214

Thanks for the Facelift!
I have 1-9...not sure if i should get 10-12...I've not taken a liking to 12 in particular...but I feel like someday I will not be able to rest at night without the entire collection

Back