Apple heads the way of the Dodo...

spongedude

Wumbologist
Staff
EmojiYes said:
Don't go to Linux or people will make fun you in school! Get a mac, and while your at it, get an iPhone too. They're really trendy!
Fortunately, I've been done with school for a number of years now. At any rate, I wouldn't give two whiffs what people say. (You might want to re-read my original post, too. I've already got a Mac. And an iPhone.) ;)

Ihavedahswag

Take it to the Top!
EmojiYes said:
SCREW OLD THINGS!!! NEW THINGS FROM 2016 LIKE TWERKING ARE BOSS!
DZif8tM.png

spongedude

Wumbologist
Staff
EmojiYes said:
SCREW OLD THINGS!!! NEW THINGS FROM 2016 LIKE TWERKING ARE BOSS!

Ihavedahswag said:
Well, this went off topic in a hurry.

If anyone has thoughts/insights on Apple, Microsoft, Linux and their relative merits; or current hardware trends, please feel free to add them.

And please never let me see the word "twerking" again. :|

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
I used to have a Windows PC/laptop for years and in 2012, my parents bought me a Macbook pro, which I still have today, and I enjoy it a lot. Now, don't get me wrong...Windows is still doing great things but I feel like Apple just does it better when it comes to OS in certain aspects.

I went to Windows store and Apple store in our mall here and while I want an iPad Pro (with the stylus)...I want the Surface Pro 4. My problem is that the iPad stylus has t be 'synced' first before actually using it. I did not see that happening with the Surface. Plus, the Surface pen is so much more easier to use and fine/thin. I love the "pen" look of it...not the fat stylus part of iPad.

The Surface Pro 4 makes me want to try Windows again for laptops but I'm so fine with Macs that it's hard to get me to go back right now.

Now...I do believe the iPhone is not as inventive anymore as it used to be. I still have a 5s and haven't been wanting to upgrade in a long time. The 7 makes me want to just get a 6S because of the headphone jack being taken away. This shouldn't be an issue for me because I usually just bluetooth it in my car but I don't want to get bluetooth headphones, too. That's just silly. I will be upgrading soon and have been with iPhone ever since 3g came out.

The only thing I really would want is an upgrade or working version of Oregon Trail, Amazon Trail, Math Munchers, and The LEarning Company for iOS10. I know you can get it other ways but that's not what I want, personally.

spongedude

Wumbologist
Staff
There's no denying that the "it just works" ecosystem Apple has designed is beautiful – when it works. If you want to do something more technical, something that isn't in-line with how Apple thinks their end-users should be using their products, then it becomes very difficult, if not impossible. At the end of the day (and it took me years to realize this), a computer is just a tool. If it doesn't permit me to do what I want, than I should look for a different tool. If the lack of functionality is because of corporate decisions imposed on end-users, all the worse.

I don't worry too much about specific software, because whether I use Windows, Mac or Linux, I will be able to virtualize or dual-boot to another system as necessary. For instance, I've got a program called SheepShaver which allows me to emulate Mac OS 9 and use software/play games that I remember from the 90s. It's cross-platform, so I don't have to give that up when I move to another OS.

The Surface Pro is nice, though. For my money, it's much more powerful than the iPad Pro.

I guess i'm stuck with Windows lol b/c i can't buy new ones which is very expensive here in Canada...

baba_944

Moby Dollar
I hate Apple/Linux as I'm a huge Windows fan. I've used it since I been able to use a PC. I still don't get how people get errors from Windows. I've used them all, and never got one. If I did, it was my fault. Heck, I've had a flawless experience with "Windows 10".

MrTortellini00

lame funny
I've never used a Mac in my entire life, they're just so expensive here! It's the same cost as 1 entire year of economies! Macs may have their qualities, but I have no other choice but using something else. Again, I don't know much about Linux and I'm curious to know more about it.

Back