Anyone think the upcoming episode "Goons on the Moon" is an updated version of the cancelled episode

darkrage6

Floating Shopping List
I've heard this theory about "Goons on the Moon" being a rewrite of the cancelled episode Spacebob Invaderpants and I was wondering if anyone else thinks that's likely.

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
I usually like to think a lot of the de-confirmed/scrapped episodes that were listed on the SpongeBob Wiki years back were re-worked into episodes we got or will get later on.

For example:

Krab's Army --> Pull Up a Barrel
Sponge and Treats --> The Legend of Boo-kini Bottom
Brainless --> Salsa Imbecilicus

darkrage6

Floating Shopping List
Amphitrite said:
I usually like to think a lot of the de-confirmed/scrapped episodes that were listed on the SpongeBob Wiki years back were re-worked into episodes we got or will get later on.

For example:

Krab's Army --> Pull Up a Barrel
Sponge and Treats --> The Legend of Boo-kini Bottom
Brainless --> Salsa Imbecilicus
I'm familiar with Krab's Army, but not with Sponge and Treats or Brainless, when were those episodes announced? Were they ever given a plot synopsis?

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
darkrage6 said:
I'm familiar with Krab's Army, but not with Sponge and Treats or Brainless, when were those episodes announced? Were they ever given a plot synopsis?
They were on the SpongeBob Wiki a couple years back during season 9's run. They were fake (or scrapped), but coincidentally their names and plots sounded like episodes that have aired by now.

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
Wouldn't think that. If it was, then they would have to credit the already-left Casey Alexander, who in 2014 posted some alien designs on his Twitter (now deleted).

darkrage6

Floating Shopping List
RomNick said:
Wouldn't think that. If it was, then they would have to credit the already-left Casey Alexander, who in 2014 posted some alien designs on his Twitter (now deleted).
I don't suppose anyone has an archive of that particular post?

RomNick

Balloon Traveler
darkrage6 said:
I don't suppose anyone has an archive of that particular post?
I said that tweet is deleted, so no. This isn't archived.

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
Spongebob123457317 said:
I hear it is a rewrite of it and its going to be a christmas episode.
No, it is not a Christmas episode.

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
There were skcethes of aliens that Vincet Waller had in 2015, before the episode was scrapped. I think Spacebob Invaderpants was written during the production of Sponge Outta Water

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Maybe. The titles do seem like they're completely different, but maybe the plot had some changes.

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
Oh never mind. Vincent Waller said on Twitter it is a holiday special. Sorry, I’m been inactive lately and I’m still catching up on the SpongeBob episodes and the news.

Back