Sponge Out of Water Any Scenes Cut from The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water Airing on Nickelodeon?

maycharles04

Baby Clam
Does Nickelodeon cut out any scenes from The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water when they air it on TV? I was just wondering since I plan to watch it in on Nick since I didn't watch it in theatres and want to get the full experience. Thanks!

maycharles04

Baby Clam
Right. I just want to make sure there aren't any scenes cut for the Nickelodeon broadcast. If so, I would look to watch it elsewhere.

maycharles04

Baby Clam
Umm maybe some filler
Okay, I'll probably watch somewhere else if this is true. I don't want to watch the movie with any cut scenes.

That's weird because I don't recall the SpongeBob SquarePants Movie (2004) having any cut scenes when it played on Nickelodeon.

PinkPugPrincess

Baby Patrick Star
Staff
Okay, I'll probably watch somewhere else if this is true. I don't want to watch the movie with any cut scenes.

That's weird because I don't recall the SpongeBob SquarePants Movie (2004) having any cut scenes when it played on Nickelodeon.
Your best bet to watch the whole movie uncut is to watch it on DVD. That is, if you have Sponge Out of Water on DVD. I don't think you'd want to watch Sponge on the Run on Nickelodeon, since 2 parts got censored. View this thread I posted just now.

Last edited:

maycharles04

Baby Clam
Your best bet to watch the whole movie uncut is to watch it on DVD. That is, if you have Sponge Out of Water on DVD. I don't think you'd want to watch Sponge on the Run on Nickelodeon, since 2 parts got censored. View this thread I posted just now.
Okay. I had heard about Sponge on the Run getting censored, which is interesting. For Sponge Out of Water, do you know of any specific scenes that were edited or cut when aired on Nickelodeon? Just debating if watching the movie on Nick is a good experience or not.

I actually don't have the Sponge Out of Water DVD. I'd rather watch it in HD anyway.

PinkPugPrincess

Baby Patrick Star
Staff
Okay. I had heard about Sponge on the Run getting censored, which is interesting. For Sponge Out of Water, do you know of any specific scenes that were edited or cut when aired on Nickelodeon? Just debating if watching the movie on Nick is a good experience or not.

I actually don't have the Sponge Out of Water DVD. I'd rather watch it in HD anyway.
Well, since no one who replied was certain, I guess Sponge Out of Water's Nickelodeon airing is uncut in its entirety.

maycharles04

Baby Clam
Well, since no one who replied was certain, I guess Sponge Out of Water's Nickelodeon airing is uncut in its entirety.
Yeah, that seems like that's the case. I guess it followed suit with the SpongeBob SquarePants Movie (2004), which I'm sure was uncut too because I had the HBO-version recorded on DVD back in the day and I didn't notice any parts missing when I watched in on Nick a bunch of times.

Anyway, looking forward to a new SpongeBob movie. I loved the original. Hopefully Sponge Out of Water will be better or at least as good. I'm not the type of person to be blinded by nostalgia, but I think the original movie was handled so well aside from it being mostly focused on SpongeBob and Patrick.

PinkPugPrincess

Baby Patrick Star
Staff
Yeah, that seems like that's the case. I guess it followed suit with the SpongeBob SquarePants Movie (2004), which I'm sure was uncut too because I had the HBO-version recorded on DVD back in the day and I didn't notice any parts missing when I watched in on Nick a bunch of times.

Anyway, looking forward to a new SpongeBob movie. I loved the original. Hopefully Sponge Out of Water will be better or at least as good. I'm not the type of person to be blinded by nostalgia, but I think the original movie was handled so well aside from it being mostly focused on SpongeBob and Patrick.
Here are threads about:
  1. The currently untitled fourth SpongeBob movie
  2. Sandy's spin-off movie, Saving Bikini Bottom: The Sandy Cheeks Movie
  3. Plankton's spin-off movie, Plankton

Back