Any hope for new episodes within the next two months?

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
The last episode to premiere was The Krusty Slammer over 3 months ago now, and the only scheduled episode at the moment is Birthday Blowout over 2 months from now. For the past couple years, Nick has actually been pretty good at consistently airing new SpongeBob episodes, but is 6 months worth of stalling between regular airing and the 20th anniversary special a smart idea at all? At least back in 2009, they aired new episodes consistently leading up to their 10th anniversary window, and I don’t think Wonderful Sponge is slowing production down this time. Over a dozen episodes have been produced, but not aired for some reason.

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
Don’t see any new episodes premiering in May. I honestly don’t know when the next episode will premiere.

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
The next new episode will premiere when I am in California. July 12th.
I meant I don't know when a new episode will premiere before Birthday Bash. Sorry if I misspoke.

RomNick

Balloon Traveler

There is a promo with clips from, apparently, Pineapple RV, Gary's Got Legs, King Plankton, Plankton's Old Chum and Stormy Weather. So these are already made.

The Tough Sponge Man

Floating Shopping List
Just to give you guys some information, ever since the release of Kenny The Cat, Nickelodeon hasn’t released a new episode in a year, because they were spending more time making Sponge Out Of Water.
I assume this would be like that, where there won’t be a new Spongebob episode for a while, until after the next Spongebob movie is finished. Remember, Spongebob was created on May 1st.

coft

happy hopping moron
Wait, does the 3rd movie have some of the crew from the show making it?

If not, then there’s isn’t a solid explanation for this drought.

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
All I know is something's changed with the way Nickelodeon is treating SpongeBob ever since Stephen Hillenburg's death!

Pushing it aside in favor of The Loud House, Jojo Siwa, and Ryan's Mystery Playdate is cause for concern IMHO

The fanbase has every right to be freaked out since this is NOT normal behavior for Nick

Last edited:

coft

happy hopping moron
Yeah actually I’ve noticed that they’ve kinda given less airtime to spongebob since Hillenburg’s death, not saying less airtime is a bad thing (in spongebobs case it isn’t) but I’ve noticed it

Back