America's 50 worst states according to Gawker

SpOnGeFaN818 said:
Yep, I'm in the number 1 state. I've personally gotten used to stuff like the heat, and I mostly just stay away from the racism and stuff, but I can't say I'm surprised at all that it landed there.
Arizona, WORST?

Lol, this website has no idea what they are talking about.

If anything, Ohio should be 1. It's flat, the snow melts when it falls, and either you have dangerous people, rednecks, or snooby Mercedes owners.

im just so mad they completely judged AK over such stupid crap

Mr. Dr. Professor Patrick

Developer of Awesomeness
22. Kentucky
The Bluegrass State is a jumble — part South, part North, part Midwest, even. Kentucky doesn't know what it wants to be except just plain old Kentucky.
The Good: Bourbon. Thank you for bourbon, Kentucky. Yum! Glug glug glug. Bourbon. Thank you also for the Humana Arts Festival, probably the US's most important theater festival, held at the renowned Actors Theater of Louisville, which is a fun town. Kentucky's other major city Lexington, the "Horse Capital of the World" (Vaes Dothrak would beg to differ), isn't bad either. The University of Kentucky is ranked highly in science and medicine programs, and if you want you can go to Transylvania University and become a vampire, you can! Mostly, though, yes thank you for bourbon.
The Bad: Sigh. Other than the crippling poverty of the Appalachian eastern part of the state (ravaged coal country), you've got: guns, gay-hating, the perfect absurdity of Rand Paul, juvenile racism, this place and this ::dolphin noise:: place, and of course forced beard eating. It's not nice to judge Kentucky on creaky stereotypes, but good grief Kentuckians just keep doing embarrassing stuff. Maybe it's all the bourbon.
Final Score: 4.87
I can't believe who wrote this. Kentucky has more than just bourbon, and I live in the Appalachian eastern part of Kentucky for the majority of the year... it's not crippling at all! It's just a different lifestyle that most out-of-state residents wouldn't understand. Kentucky, for the most part, has its own culture.

And is it truly fair to call Kentucky racist based on one incident that happened at the University of Kentucky? That's really uncalled for and completely discredits the author. Gay hate is fairly obvious: Kentucky is still a huge traditional Christian state, and most people believe that homosexuality is a sin. Big deal. I can speak, however, that they won't get in your face and say:

rc5y80.png

And forced beard eating... well... that's just plain hilarious. :lol:

At a general standpoint, this article really is just opinion based and should be taken with a grain of salt. ;)

SpOnGeFaN818

Wumbologist
E.V.I.L said:
Arizona, WORST?

If anything, Ohio should be 1. It's flat, the snow melts when it falls, and either you have dangerous people, rednecks, or snooby Mercedes owners.

Again, probably cause of SB 1070. I personally don't think it's the worst state either, but then again I live in one of the overall less crazy cities. No offense to anyone. :P

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
lol @ being #13. I thought we were one of the worst. I do agree that Texans have a huge ego about the state and can't shut up about it. I'm not a big fan of a lot of stuff here but I haven't been all over like some might have been.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
E.V.I.L said:
Arizona, WORST?

My Sister lives in Ohio, and SHE'S NOT dangerous, a red neck, or Snooty, and she owns a Kia Sportage.

Dr. Peter Lankton

Giant Clam
The guy totally forget to mention how horrible the weather is in Ohio. Literally the weather is bipolar here, it changes like every five minutes. One moment it's all sunny and the weather is great to be going outside, but then it's changes getting all stormy and rainy. After a storm for a brief moment it's sunny again for a while but then it changes to gloomy skies for the rest of the ::dolphin noise::ing day.

President Squidward said:
My Sister lives in Ohio, and SHE'S NOT dangerous, a red neck, or Snooty, and she owns a Kia Sportage.
quite obviously, it's not everyone. But from my experiences, that holds true and I hope my sister moves anywhere from there but Florida.

FL is one of the most overrated states, at least here.

Dr. Peter Lankton said:
The guy totally forget to mention how horrible the weather is in Ohio. Literally the weather is bipolar here, it changes like every five minutes. One moment it's all sunny and the weather is great to be going outside, but then it's changes getting all stormy and rainy. After a storm for a brief moment it's sunny again for a while but then it changes to gloomy skies for the rest of the ::dolphin noise::ing day.
I hate how there will be a huge snowstorm and then it melts, wtf? Now, that's happening here in NY too. :'(

cwn

Porous Freak
I don't like this article. I was expecting Texas to be in the top 10, for reasons like Rick Perry, the mainly republican government, and the heat. I understand that. But the major problem with Texas is... ego??? EGO?!! He has became the most major hypocrite I have ever seen after he said that. Click on his name on the Gawker article and see, I don't know, THAT NEW YORK JUST HAPPENS TO BE THE STATE HE LIVES AT CURRENTLY AND IT MADE 50 ON THE LIST? OR THAT HE GREW UP IN MASSACHUSETTS AND IT MAKES 49? I bet he hasn't even been to half of these states, he just looks them up, and sees what other bloggers believe. I'm considering 50, 49, and 4 to be automatic disqualifications, simply because of the place he lives/lived.

cwn said:
I don't like this article. I was expecting Texas to be in the top 10, for reasons like Rick Perry, the mainly republican government, and the heat. I understand that. But the major problem with Texas is... ego??? EGO?!! He has became the most major hypocrite I have ever seen after he said that. Click on his name on the Gawker article and see, I don't know, THAT NEW YORK JUST HAPPENS TO BE THE STATE HE LIVES AT CURRENTLY AND IT MADE 50 ON THE LIST? OR THAT HE GREW UP IN MASSACHUSETTS AND IT MAKES 49? I bet he hasn't even been to half of these states, he just looks them up, and sees what other bloggers believe. I'm considering 50, 49, and 4 are automatic disqualifications, simply because of the place he lives/lived.
I can guarantee you he never stepped foot out of NYC

cwn

Porous Freak
1. He only reads from articles on Gawker without actually going to the place or even researching it. Click on all of his red links, and that'll prove it.
2. He has a big ego.
3. He's quite offensive to most states.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
I'm angry because he said that what he dislikes about California is San Diego.

SAN DIEGO IS A GREAT CITY! I'LL BET HE NEVER STEPPED FOOT IN SAN DIEGO!!

honestly, I'm sick of people critiscizing things so much especially over false info. Seriously, people need to start being positive and stop being ignorant.

Back