Adventure Time (revived)

hfjs

So i'm going over the episodes I haven't watched, so here are the reviews:

Breezy - This episode is easier to understand the second time around, but I can't tell if it's a good thing that this episode is a lot longer than it seems or bad thing. That ending, though. I freaking flipped, and in a good way. 9.5/10

Food Chain - Favorite episode, mostly because it's trippy. 11/10

Furniture and Meat - Two character returns in the first two minutes. Awesome. Anyways, this episode wasn't that eventful, but it was funny. 9.5/10

I'm not sure who to feel about seeason 6 now honestly. It started off strong with some great episode but now It's a little shaky. Hopefully the next episodes will be a lot better.

end

Why? Nearly every episode, barring the premiere, has been terrible. James II, Sad Face, Breezy, Furniture & Meat, Princess Day, Nemesis, ect.

Jesus said:
...Did you even read what part of the post I replied to? >.> I was disagreeing with you saying Season 6 was trash...

Okay:

James II wasn't that bad.

I'll give you Sad Face.

The others were good/decent. I don't get what's wrong with them. Are we watching the same show?

It's only 16 episodes in out of 40 or so episodes, that's way too early to label the season as "trash". Even if you still think so, that's subjective; not everyone is going to agree with that, because most people I know have been liking this season so far, so whatever.
to me season 6 is a mixed bag so far. While, It has Food Chain, season premiere, The Tower; It has Sad Face and Nemesis. BTW, It's his opinion.

end

Well...

James II is literally the same joke played over and over again, without any wit or creativity whatsoever. Banana Guards chase the James. Not to mention that it drags horribly.

Breezy tries so hard to be 3deep5you that it comes off as annoyingly pretentious. Adventure Time can do symbolism well, but not as an entire episode. Finn is such a manipulative jerk, and "character development" isn't an excuse. Not to mention the Deus ex Machina at the end. The only good aspect about this is the fact that there won't be anymore romance episodes, which I was getting sick of by Season 5.2.

Furniture & Meat, Princess Day, and Nemesis were horribly mean-spirited and unfunny, and lack any substance other than cruelty. I wouldn't be surprised if Ghost Fly included Jake slowly mutilating the fly into shreds, because these are just sick and wrong. Princess Day in particular pissed me off the most, which gives the "valuable" moral that everyone is a good person who does bad things.

Another one I forgot to mention was Something Big. A big mess. It felt like a lost Season 1 episode, where the plot goes all over the place and has no coherent plot whatsoever. Oh, and the ads lied. The episode wasn't about the battle, it was about the elephant's existential crisis. The ideas aren't bad, but they are sloppily put together.

Season 5 was already hit or miss, but Season 6 seems to go full-on garbage. And you've got to remember that the season has 26 episode, which means we are already halfway through. Half a season of terrible episodes isn't a good sign. I'll give Investigations, Tower, Guiseppe, Little Brother, and of course the premiere a pass, even though I don't care for Guiseppe.

That's my two cents. Take it or leave it.

Web Surfer 2.0 said:
Well...

James II is literally the same joke played over and over again, without any wit or creativity whatsoever. Banana Guards chase the James. Not to mention that it drags horribly.

Breezy tries so hard to be 3deep5you that it comes off as annoyingly pretentious. Adventure Time can do symbolism well, but not as an entire episode. Finn is such a manipulative jerk, and "character development" isn't an excuse. Not to mention the Deus ex Machina at the end. The only good aspect about this is the fact that there won't be anymore romance episodes, which I was getting sick of by Season 5.2.

Furniture & Meat, Princess Day, and Nemesis were horribly mean-spirited and unfunny, and lack any substance other than cruelty. I wouldn't be surprised if Ghost Fly included Jake slowly mutilating the fly into shreds, because these are just sick and wrong. Princess Day in particular pissed me off the most, which gives the "valuable" moral that everyone is a good person who does bad things.

Another one I forgot to mention was Something Big. A big mess. It felt like a lost Season 1 episode, where the plot goes all over the place and has no coherent plot whatsoever. Oh, and the ads lied. The episode wasn't about the battle, it was about the elephant's existential crisis. The ideas aren't bad, but they are sloppily put together.

Season 5 was already hit or miss, but Season 6 seems to go full-on garbage. And you've got to remember that the season has 26 episode, which means we are already halfway through. Half a season of terrible episodes isn't a good sign. I'll give Investigations, Tower, Guiseppe, Little Brother, and of course the premiere a pass, even though I don't care for Guiseppe.

That's my two cents. Take it or leave it.
you forgot Food Chain. What did you think of that episode?

end

Actually, Season 6 got extended like Season 5, not sure if you knew. It's going to be about 40+ episodes.

In defense of some of the episodes:

Furniture & Meat: I will say Wildberry Princess wanting Finn and Jake dead was a bit OOC, but I didn't think it was that bad. It seemed like it was more or less continuing Jake's old criminal past.

Nemesis: I think the point was to be mean-spirited. Peppermint Butler is, to some extent, evil. The entire episode seemed like it wanted you to sympathize with Peace Master, and I don't think they were trying to portray his humiliation by PB in a positive light. But to each their own.

That being said, I do thank you for at least explaining your reasonings, and I respect them even though I disagree. I personally think some of the upcoming ones like Evergreen look amazing, and I'm still sticking around, but again, to each their own.

Really? Alright then. I'm really behind on these news.

The problem with Furniture and Meat and Nemesis (and Princess Day for the most part), is that they were simply unpleasant. Even if Jake bribing people to do humiliating acts, leaving Breakfast Princess to presumably die, all the princesses ganging up on LSP, and Peppermint Butler to psychologically abuse someone for his sadist needs were all justified, that doesn't make them any less unpleasant to watch.

I won't stop watching Adventure Time. I'm disappointed in the recent episodes. I take back what I said about Investigations, it was actually pretty good. The premiere really exploited the emotion, although Breezy tainted it. If the next episodes are good, great! However, the current slump is really getting on me.

SBManiac!!!!!!

welp bye lol
I can safely say that I have lost interest in this entirely...three seasons ago.

That being said, can anyone tell me what the name of the "food chain" episode is and just what the heck was going on there? It was even more of an acid trip than Regular Show is half the time!

hfjs

SBManiac!!!!!! said:
I can safely say that I have lost interest in this entirely...three seasons ago.

That being said, can anyone tell me what the name of the "food chain" episode is and just what the heck was going on there? It was even more of an acid trip than Regular Show is half the time!
It's called....Food Chain.

SBManiac!!!!!!

welp bye lol
Flying Milkman said:
It's called....Food Chain.
Probably the only thing about that episode that makes any sense, tbh. Maybe I need more context? I didn't see all of it.

hfjs

SBManiac!!!!!! said:
Probably the only thing about that episode that makes any sense, tbh. Maybe I need more context? I didn't see all of it.
Maybe cause Finn was eating the caterpillars, and the caterpillars eat the leaves, which is a pretty small part of the plot, so yeah.

Back