Abstract WB/W7 breakdown

Squidward1999

Balloon Traveler
122 Conch Street, Bikini Bottom (or the USA)
This thread is about me talking about the little differences of the Abstract WB/W7 intro.

Starting with my first breakdown analysis...

Part 1: Early 1960s Abstract WB intro

(From Now Hear This)
Screenshot_20220702-182719_YouTube.jpg
Used at the beginning of Now Hear This, Bartholomew Vs. The Big Wheel, Senorella and the Glass Huarache, and Pancho's Hideaway.

Nothing here to say, although the only difference between how the intro looked during the final days of Warner Bros Cartoons to how it would look in Pancho's Hideaway is there isn't no Production Code at the bottom right.

Plus this intro (if were going by the copyright year) is now probably 60 years old...

(From Senorella and the Glass Huarache)
20220702_183305.jpg
Used during the mid-section of the logo; seen on Now Hear This, Senorella and the Glass Huarache, and Pancho's Hideaway.

One thing I have to say about this is how the background is white, DePatie Freleng Productions probably made the background black starting with Road to Andalay because of how bright it looked during theaters.

(From Bartholomew Vs. The Big Wheel)
20220702_184443.jpg
Used during the mid-section of the logo; only seen on Bartholomew Vs. The Big Wheel.

Nothing to say but what I already said about this, moving on...

(From Now Hear This)
Screenshot_20220702-185046_YouTube.jpg
Used at the end of the cartoons; seen at the end of Now Hear This, Bartholomew Vs. The Big Wheel, Senorella and the Glass Huarache, and Pancho's Hideaway.

The ending theme is pretty ominous considering how this was made for Now Hear This...

There's 2 varients to the end logo:

The "Bartholomew" variant has the O's jump up 6 times along with the bicycle horn honking 6 times but overall still has the Big Ben bell's...

(From Pancho's Hideaway)
Screenshot_20220702-183415_Video Player.jpg
And this variant, which adds the vitagraph tag and changes the end theme to a shorter version of the intro theme (albiet sounding edited when the O's start bouncing).

Well that's my breakdown analysis on this intro. If want to see more I can take the time out of my day to do a Part 2, but for now I'm on break.

That's all for now, folks...

Back