A Virtual Reality Theme Park is coming!

Krystalite

Professional Tsundere
I'm surprised nobody posted a topic about this yet. ._.

Anyways, The Void is a new theme park that will be virtual reality and it will be located in Utah. It's coming in Summer 2016 FYI. Here's a link to their website:http://thevoid.com/

What do you guys think about this? Personally, I'm very excited for this. Your thoughts?

hfjs

Would go if Utah was the nearest vicinity of anywhere around here

PinkPearl

insert title here
I think it sounds like a really interesting concept, though it seems more like a game than a theme park I guess. At the same time, it's not a good thought to think that every experience, including theme parks, needs to be replaced with a "virtual" experience.

crushingmayhem

Krabby Patty Burglar
The concept of virtual reality has always fascinated me, but more gaming wise than anything else. Still, I find this theme park concept to be a bit appealing. It might find some success from certain people.

OWM

XD
Sounds real interesting, but as always it's at the other side of the continent.

Krystalite

Professional Tsundere
pop_princess said:
I think it sounds like a really interesting concept, though it seems more like a game than a theme park I guess. At the same time, it's not a good thought to think that every experience, including theme parks, needs to be replaced with a "virtual" experience.
I have to agree with you there. I still want the experience to be a "playhouse" rather than a "video game".

Sweat

Banished
mayitakeyourhatsir said:
I'm surprised that it's going to be in Utah. I mean Utah is nice and all but they should have it in Las Vegas or Los Angeles.
I respectfully, yet highly disagree. A lot of the most famous amusement parks are in less well-known cities. Yes, places like Orlando, Tampa and Las Vegas are exceptions, but for the most part, a lot of the most famous amusement parks are in obscure areas. Would you ever go to Shakopee, Minnesota if it weren't for Valleyfair? Would you ever go to Williamsburg, Virginia if it weren't for Busch Gardens? Most likely not :P

mayitakeyourhatsir

Imitation Krab
Well to me personally, the most famous amusement parks in the states are the Disney, Six Flags, and Universal Studios parks and those are in populated areas. I've never heard of Valleyfair. It sounds like a regional thing like Knott's is for Southern California. Busch Gardens isn't in and of itself worth a trip to Williamsburg. Williamsburg isn't heavily populated but it has the whole colonial thing going for it so a lot of tourists go for more than just Busch Gardens. The original Busch Gardens is in Florida and I think if I had to choose one to take a trip to one it would be the one with more attractions that I personally like. I think they chose the location because they got a big tax write off.

But their mission statement says that they plan to movie to big cities so if it makes it to LA or somewhere in SoCal that'd be neat.

I see what you're saying though, because the only reason I'd go to Bloomington, Minnesota is for the Mall of America and their Nickelodeon attractions.

The Drifter

Some person.
imrustyokay said:
I can't get on any ride at a theme park. Narcolepsy sucks.
And this "theme park" have no actual physical rides! It's called virtual for a reason. They simply gave you some sort of VR headgears and it'll simulate stuff for you. Maybe people who can ride actual rides can use this as an alternative.

Back