A Useless Fact a Day

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
cwn said:
You are not allowed to drive past the Minnesota state border with a duck on your head.
You are not allowed to sleep on top of a refrigerator outside in Pennsylvania.
You are not allowed to whistle underwater in Vermont.
You are not allowed to die in London's Houses of Parlimentary.

There are some weird laws out there.
ok some relatives of min live in Minnesota so they must know it and for the fridge thing: WHO WOULD SLEEP ON A FRIDGE ANYWAY!??!

Trophy said:
ok some relatives of min live in Minnesota so they must know it and for the fridge thing: WHO WOULD SLEEP ON A FRIDGE ANYWAY!??!
fridge.gif

this guy would like to speak with you

tEMMIE

hOI!!!
73:The most misspelled word: Remember. Well, according to my spell check it is. At least, to the best that I can remebre.

Useless statement = / = Useless fact

in many top 100 misspelled words (misspelled is one of the most misspelled words btw), this word will never be on there.

cwn

Porous Freak
Yeah, have to agree with E.V.I.L on this. Remember is a word that sounds the same way it is spelled, and I doubt anyone spells it "remebre". I would say something like "colonel" is more misspelled.

hfjs

CalvinFan64 said:
70: In Alaska it is illegal to look at a moose from the window of an airplane or any other flying vehicle. (there are some stupid laws out there.)
Wait what

CalvinFan64 said:
73:The most misspelled word: Remember. Well, according to my spell check it is. At least, to the best that I can remebre.
That's kind of odd, but I can see that.

tEMMIE

hOI!!!
74:Only 55% of all Americans know that the sun is a star. (that PROVES that America isn't the MOST developed country in the world.)

75: The sun is a star.

tEMMIE

hOI!!!
78:The male gypsy moth can "smell" the virgin female gypsy moth from 1.8 miles away. (pretty good trick)

79:The name for Oz in the "Wizard of Oz" was thought up when the creator, Frank Baum, looked at his filing cabinet and saw A-N, and O-Z, hence "Oz."

Cosmic-Loop

♥♫ The Luigi Queen ♫♥
Far away from California and/or Florida :,(
EDIT: sorry, didn't realize the facts i quoted were older ones... They're still cool >__>

CalvinFan64 said:
47: In the 1400's a law was set forth in England that a man was allowed to beat his wife with a stick no thicker than his thumb. Hence we have "the rule of thumb"[/size]
*horrified face*

CalvinFan64 said:
50(Halfway there!): Honey is the only food that does not spoil.
Knew this and the "found in Egypt" thing, and it's AWESOME! I love honeyyy~

CalvinFan64 said:
53: If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle. If the horse has one front leg in the air the person died as a result of wounds received in battle. If the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes.[/size]
I think my brother told me this, but i keep forgetting!!
What if it's bucking

CalvinFan64 said:
55:Most boat owners name their boats. Obsession is the most popular boat name requested.[/size]
Seems some are really obsessed with boats! Eh? Ehh? Nobody? Ok...

If i named a boat, it'd likely be a SpongeBob refference... Silly me lol

CalvinFan64 said:
57: 57. Googolplexian is the largest number people know. It's a 1, with googolplex 0s after it.[/size]
Oh yeah, wasn't that number named after Google or something? I'm not kidding!

tEMMIE

hOI!!!
80:In England, the Speaker of the House is not allowed to speak. (try not to think about that too hard.)

hfjs

CalvinFan64 said:
80:In England, the Speaker of the House is not allowed to speak. (try not to think about that too hard.)
Wait what :huh:

tEMMIE

hOI!!!
81:In the United States, a pound of potato chips cost two hundred times more than a pound of potatoes. (I guess it's better to make your own chips.)

82:Celery has negative calories! It takes more calories to eat a piece of celery than the celery has in it to begin with. (Diet plan. Meh.)

tEMMIE

hOI!!!
83:On the new hundred-dollar bill the time on the clock tower of Independence Hall is 4:10. (some people have too much free time. I don't, but I do dumb things like this anyway.)

hfjs

CalvinFan64 said:
83:On the new hundred-dollar bill the time on the clock tower of Independence Hall is 4:10. (some people have too much free time. I don't, but I do dumb things like this anyway.)
Uh OK

Back