Cartoon Network A recommandation of the anime Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
I have watched this anime some years ago and I rewatched it last week and decided to make a recommandation of this great anime.
This anime is one of the most popular and beloved anime of all times.
94745.jpg

It has 64 episodes and it is about two young brothers who experienced alchemy that went wrong. They two boys attempted to bring their dead mother back to life, but failed. The alchemy has a rule of Equivalent Exchange - in order to get something, you have to lose something equally. The bad experience made the big brother, Edward, lose his arm and leg, and the younger brother, Alphonse, lose his entire body and keeping his soul in a suit of armor. Now the two boys set off on a quest to restore their bodies by finding and using the Philosopher Stone - a powerful stone the allows alchemy to defy the laws of Equivalent Exchange.

I have watched this show in 2014-2015 and is was one of my favorite anime, and after a long time I decided to rewatch it and finally finished it last week.
And oh boy, it was great! It took me a week and a half to finish it all, including the last day in which I have seen 16 episodes(which is a lot for me, I haven't seen that much for years).
So, the main theme of this anime is Equivalent Exchange - everything in this anime is about alchemy(which is also the power system in the anime) and gaining stuff by losing things equally. It was executed really good here I think, it gives the show much more depth and it is really interesting.
Most of the characters are living by their tragedic pasts and there are some really well written characters that I am sure everyone would like at least 5 characters in the show(it has more than 40-50 characters). This show also has a lot of screen time of supporting characters that is pretty rare in long anime so it is really good.
The plot is fantastic, I think the plot here is one of the best I have ever seen in anime. The first few episodes are alright but the farther we are into the story, the better the show and the plot are, and they really are.
This show has a lot of genres - it has mystery, action and fights, comedy, tragecy, politic and military, adventure, fantasy, etc.
It has quite a lot of plot twists and sad scenes that can make you cry so it is extremely impressive I think.
I enjoyed the mystery part so much, it was probably my favorite part of the plot

*I have to mention that this show has some really bad things happen there sometimes, after all it also has a few tragedies, in a case you think it will be hard for you to watch.
I would recommand it to those who have no problem with watching anime, who want to see a great adventure with wonderful action, a wonderful plot and mystery and well written characters that you will probably like some
I give this show 9.8/10

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Yes yes yes to all of this, FMA:B is one of my all-time favorite anime series, it's just so good. I also love that it's relatively short, which makes it ripe for rewatches.

Back