A Beginner's Guide... to Subsets of SBM Members

RedSoxFan274

Baseball. Hockey. SBM vet. I drop in unexpectedly.
The Staff
These are the moderators and administrators of the forums, and many of them were its inaugural members. They have seen just about everything and have the power to ban pretty much anybody for anything, though they never abuse this power. They lay down the law without being (like tv.com administrators) dictatorial. The staff members are all powerful, with abilities such as understanding complex computer coding and being able to perform Wingardium Leviosa.. They actually were responsible for one of the two miracles now being credited to Pope John Paul II. So, in other words, admire them, love them, but never mess with them. Some staffers fall into more specific subcategories below.

The RSFs
Nervous, fidgety chatterboxes, these members have been around for a long time and were some of the few who stuck around after they, well, started growing up. Only the admins and a select few others have been here longer than they, but because the admins are always, as is their job, trying to push the site forward, these are the ones always complaining and telling about how it used to be in the old days. They even use the terms "these days," and they're only 20 years old. They talk about the Red Sox, New England, ice hockey, and Wander a lot. Beware getting into a prolonged conversation or PM with them; they will use the words "Daniel Nava," "North Shore," "Ryan Nugent-Hopkins," "Ipswich House of Pizza," and "The Nice Guy" at least 50 times. They never* post pictures of themselves in the Post Your Picture topic, seeing as they really are quite ugly.

*An RSF actually did finally post a picture of himself on January 11, 2014, but is still abstaining from doing so on a regular basis.

The E.V.I.Ls
Despite their name, these members are actually very nice. They quote pretty much anybody and everybody, and about half of your notifications (this is meant as a compliment) will usually be from one of them. However, they do talk about llamas a lot and have adopted a catchphrase that the writer of this fails to understand, and do be prepared that if you ever meet one in person, you should pack extra long underwear because you will probably end up in Nome, Bethel, or Barrow.

The "Sponge"s
This refers to any member with the word "Sponge" in their username. Warm and friendly, these users are usually either the newest or oldest members of the site. They never look at anything negatively, just like the yellow guy himself. Their favorite smileys are :) and :D. Their only drawback is that a few of them **coughnotnamingnamescough** couuuulllld touch up on their grammar juuuuuuuust a bit.

The Squids and Squilliard/Squidiam Shippers (*NEW* added 6/5/14)
Members who deify Squidward for some odd reason and spend all their time going on and on about how awesome he is while downplaying the merits of every other character on the show. Squids will try to convert you into one of them; BE WARNED. These members will propose changing "SpongeBuddy Mania" to "SquidBuddy Mania". They will not be kidding. Seeing a Squid without a Squidward avatar is like seeing RSF without a Wander avatar or seeing David Ortiz steal a base: it's not going to happen. And on the off chance that one does have a non-Squidward avatar, they'll probably be shunned from the group. Squids are very close-knit and often are part of other, sub-subgroups, such as the Squilliard shipping group. As of June 2014, Squids made up approximately 99.6071730758817% of the SBM population, and Squilliard shippers made up approximately 98.901938167899% of the SBM population.

The Defectors
Any member who also has an account on SBC is a defector. Doesn't mean they may not be totally good hearted and well intentioned, but, yeah, if you have an SBC account... you're a defector. Sensitive area! Moving on!

The Barry Bondses
These are members who rack up something like 1,278,453,164 posts within their first 17.26787 milliseconds of joining. They may be wholly well intentioned but falsely focus on post count in their early days as a member. They see that mere number as a status symbol and want to get closer to the ssjs of the post count world as quickly as possible. Usually, they knock off posts by reviewing episodes, which can be done often in just one sentence. The person writing this formerly was a Barry Bonds.

The Bookies
Twin sisters whose posts are not meant to sound cold, but they sometimes do because they refuse to use smileys under any circumstances. One of them has had an avatar about dance for years. They have been around a long time, yet seem largely unfazed by the dramatic ways in which the forums have changed since they first arrived. In this way, these members are very admirable. They, alas, despite their name, cannot put $750 on Orb for you.

The Diehards
These are members whose posts are mainly in the SpongeBob section and who post in the forums for the reason they exist: to talk about SpongeBob. Often they get into heated debates while doing so. They tend to be very pro-post-movie, though before 2010 this group was ardently anti-post-movie. The heated debates they get into are often provoked by the old anti-post-movie diehards. (*coughmecough*). They are extremely knowledgeable, and if we studied our history textbooks like they study the history and nuances of the show, then we'd all be getting better grades. These members seldom can be found posting in Nautical Nonsense, Games, or any non-SpongeBob forums.

The Time-Killers
These are members who while away long summer afternoons by posting in non-SpongeBob sections or ones that don't use post count. They can be found in Fry Cook Games and Games, primarily. They may in fact have 250,000 posts even if their listed post count is something near 192.

The Abneys
These members know complicated technical code, a fact for which we are all silently appreciative, and they are very helpful in answering questions and are responsible for many of the site's changes, upgrades, and new features.

However, warning: these members are Yankee fans, and so because of their technological prowess may at any time launch a cyber attack on Koji Uehara's computer.

(I may post some more later, how do you like them to start off?)

bookworm

Vacant Tomb
I like it, it's all interesting and true about The "Sponge"s

I'm not entirely sure what "They, alas, despite their name, cannot put $750 on Orb for you." means though.

RedSoxFan274

I like it, it's all interesting and true about The "Sponge"s

I'm not entirely sure what "They, alas, despite their name, cannot put $750 on Orb for you." means though.

Because "bookies" are also people who take the money for bets placed on things such as horse racing. :thumbsup:

TropicalNards112233

Krabby Patty Burglar
The Staff
These are the moderators and administrators of the forums, and many of them were its inaugural members. They have seen just about everything and have the power to ban pretty much anybody for anything, though they never abuse this power. They lay down the law without being (like tv.com administrators) dictatorial. The staff members are all powerful, with abilities such as understanding complex computer coding and being able to perform Wingardium Leviosa.. They actually were responsible for one of the two miracles now being credited to Pope John Paul II. So, in other words, admire them, love them, but never mess with them. Some staffers fall into more specific subcategories below.

The RSFs
Nervous, fidgety chatterboxes, these members have been around for a long time and were some of the few who stuck around after they, well, started growing up. Only the admins and a select few others have been here longer than they, but because the admins are always, as is their job, trying to push the site forward, these are the ones always complaining and telling about how it used to be in the old days. They even use the terms "these days," and they're only 19 years old. They talk about the Red Sox and New England a lot. Beware getting into a prolonged conversation or PM with them; they will use the words "Daniel Nava," "North Shore," and "Ipswich House of Pizza" at least 50 times. They never post pictures of themselves in the Post Your Picture topic, seeing as they really are quite ugly.

The E.V.I.Ls
Despite their name, these members are actually very nice. They quote pretty much anybody and everybody, and about half of your notifications (this is meant as a compliment) will usually be from one of them. However, they do talk about llamas a lot and have adopted a catchphrase that the writer of this fails to understand, and do be prepared that if you ever meet one in person, you should pack extra long underwear because you will probably end up in Nome, Bethel, or Barrow.

The "Sponge"s
This refers to any member with the word "Sponge" in their username. Warm and friendly, these users are usually either the newest or oldest members of the site. They never look at anything negatively, just like the yellow guy himself. Their favorite smileys are :) and :D. Their only drawback is that a few of them **cough notnamingnamescough* couuuulllld touch up on their grammar juuuuuuuust a bit.

The Defectors
Any member who also has an account on SBC is a defector. Doesn't mean they may not be totally good hearted and well intentioned, but, yeah, if you have an SBC account... you're a defector. Sensitive area! Moving on!

The Barry Bondses
These are members who rack up something like 1,278,453,164 posts within their first 17.26787 milliseconds of joining. They may be wholly well intentioned but falsely focus on post count in their early days as a member. They see that mere number as a status symbol and want to get closer to the ssjs of the post count world as quickly as possible. Usually, they knock off posts by reviewing episodes, which can be done often in just one sentence. The person writing this formerly was a Barry Bonds.

The Bookies
Twin sisters whose posts are not meant to sound cold, but they sometimes do because they refuse to use smileys under any circumstances. One of them has had an avatar about dance for years. They have been around a long time, yet seem largely unfazed by the dramatic ways in which the forums have changed since they first arrived. In this way, these members are very admirable. They, alas, despite their name, cannot put $750 on Orb for you.

The Diehards
These are members whose posts are mainly in the SpongeBob section and who post in the forums for the reason they exist: to talk about SpongeBob. Often they get into heated debates while doing so. They tend to be very pro-post-movie, though before 2010 this group was ardently anti-post-movie. The heated debates they get into are often provoked by the old anti-post-movie diehards. (*coughmecough*). They Re extremely knowledgeable, and if we studied our history textbooks like they study the history and nuances of the show, then we'd all be getting better grades. These members seldom can be found posting in Nautical Nonsense, Games, or any non-SpongeBob forums.

The Time-Killers
These are members who while away long summer afternoons by posting in non-SpongeBob sections or ones that don't use post count. They can be found in Fry Cook Games and Games, primarily. They may in fact have 250,000 posts even if their listed post count is something near 192.

The Abneys
These members know complicated technical code, a fact for which we are all silently appreciative, and they are very helpful in answering questions and are responsible for many of the site's changes, upgrades, and new features.

However, warning: these members are Yankee fans, and so because of their technological prowess may at any time launch a cyber attack on Koji Uehara's computer.

(I may post some more later, how do you like them to start off?)

This is good, you should definitely do more. But tell me, what am I?

hfjs

RedSoxFan274 said:
The Defectors
Sounds like me. I'm a defector then, and before that I was a Barry Bond :P

cwn

Porous Freak
I was a Barry Bond at one point, but now I don't really fit in to any of the categories.

RedSoxFan274 said:

The E.V.I.Ls

This made me grin and laugh like an idiot. ;)

Cha

I love SBM
Would I be considered a Diehard as well maybe?

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
Cud i perhaps be da one wit da bad grammar??? But seriously, I have sponge in my username and I do tend to get loose on the grammar

RedSoxFan274

Cud i perhaps be da one wit da bad grammar??? But seriously, I have sponge in my username and I do tend to get loose on the grammar

Well, you're not the only one... but yeah, I had you in mind when I was writing that :p

TropicalNards112233 said:
This is good, you should definitely do more. But tell me, what am I?
Well, there are many members, and some of them I haven't (yet) been able to create a group for or figure out which group they would fall into. For the record, I will post a few more of these soon.

Well, you're not the only one... but yeah, I had you in mind when I was writing that :p

This is good, you should definitely do more. But tell me,%

cwn

Porous Freak
I don't think the section for defectors is valid. That's like 90% of the members here. I think defectors should be members who have posted more at SBC than SBM, not just people who have accounts there. I've posted over 2,600 times here, and less than 75 times at SBC, but I'm still considered a defector.

Back