79b. Squid Wood

Mantis

killer queen best stand
I hate the Squidward Abuse in this episode. And the humor is sometimes just mean. And I feel bad for Rodger Bumpass. He can do nothing but just sit and watch his character be tortured.

Mantis

killer queen best stand
SuprisedPatrick said:
lemme watch it agian *watches squid wood again* DSFUHEFKMODGS;JVGTIOFBKHV,LBKV,GTIODF;LJBHMV,DKLCXNMB,GRKJD,NCM
I love your comment, thats exactly how I felt after watching Squid Wood.

Entriol

Bomb-Selling Pirate
This. This is not a good episode. Even as a kid I remember not liking this one all that much. Spongebob annoys Squidward in this episode for no good reason whatsoever, and it takes him way too long to figure out that Squidward doesn't want to "play" with him. Then he does one of the creepiest things on this show by far, he makes a puppet of Squidward. Not only is this puppet extremely annoying, but it's a mary sue. Yes, I said it, A PUPPET IS A MARY SUE. This episode is also littered with really mean-spirited jokes, and the ending is absolutely horrendous. 0.5/10. Second worst season 4 episode, only barely beaten by Good Neighbors.

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
This episode is awful and one of the worst Season 4 episodes. The Bikini Bottom citizens preferred the Squidward puppet over the real Squidward? What? How could a puppet be special? This episode is mean-spirited and the ending was terrible. I didn't really like SpongeBob in this one, but I really want to kill the Bikini Bottom citizens in this episode. 3/10

AngryKoopa2002

Angry Koopa 2002
I really didn't like this episode.

The beginning is just your everyday CreepBob and more Squidward Torture, the middle is a bunch of gross butt shaking and uncanny sound effects added (but I liked the music), and the end is that annoying critic.

The only good thing about this episode is the nice music when everyone's dancing, but even that is ruined be the grotesque bouncing butts. I don't see what's so funny about butts, so I give this episode a 0.5/10.

SquiddlyPie

random gal
4/10 i hate mini squid..it's like squidward...the customers were unfair for Squidward..and squidward is my favorite..! but i always give good raitings of 10..now get my 4! (that 4 means i hate it..) i was furious in this episode..i love the beggining..before SB do the mini squid..but after the whole episode were a catastrophe!

Kerdem

Banished
Ok After I Rewatched It I Can Say It Wasn't Bad As I Remembered.I Like Spongebob's Attemps To Play With Squidward And Squidward's Reactions To Them,Patrick's Cameo And Squidward's Joke.Now For Flaws Bikini Bottomies Are Annoying Jerks And Most Parts Boring With Them.I Can Say I Like Or Hate It But I Can I Rather Watch This Episode Then Choir Boys,Tentacle Vision,Keep Bikini Bottom Beutiful And Smoothe Jazz At Bikini Bottom Anytime.Overall Its Not Bad But One Of Season 4's Weakest Episodes 6/10

end

I think Squid Wood investigates Squidward's character in further depth. Mini-Squid is supposed to represent his ambitions, his willingness to take risks in such a dim world. This episode has an unreliable narrator. Mini-Squid, for all intents and purposes, isn't getting the amount of attention Squidward sees. It's just SpongeBob playing with a puppet. But after envying Robert's optimism and success for so long, he begins pinning his own insecurities on him to avoid confronting them himself. His mental breakdown at the end of the episode only rectifies this. Episodes like these are why I consider Squidward to be one of the most complex character ever made.

Tuba95

Dead Inspector
Web Surfer 2.0 said:
I think Squid Ed Wood investigates Squidward's Edward's character in further depth. Mini-Squid Ed is supposed to represent his ambitions, his willingness to take risks in such a dim world. This episode has an unreliable narrator. Mini-Squid Ed, for all intents and purposes, isn't getting the amount of attention Squidward Edward sees. It's just SpongeBob Robert playing with a puppet. But after envying Robert's optimism and success for so long, he begins pinning his own insecurities on him to avoid confronting them himself. His mental breakdown at the end of the episode only rectifies this. Episodes like these are why I consider Squidward Edward to be one of the most complex character ever made.
Fixed. :p
Nice investigation btw. Squidward is definitely one of the characters who has a structure that is hard to figure out, between breakdowns and happy moments.
As for the episode, it's terrible in my opinion. Poor Squidward. 1/10

end

Tuba95 said:
Fixed. :P
Nice investigation btw. Squidward is definitely one of the characters who has a structure that is hard to figure out, between breakdowns and happy moments.
As for the episode, it's terrible in my opinion. Poor Squidward. 1/10
It was a joke. :P

The episode itself is okay, but I never really got why people consider this "Squidward abuse". If Squidward had mustered his pride beforehand he wouldn't have been berated. And even then, how much of this was real abuse? He gets told off by a few people, oh noes, whatever shall we do?!

Tstarr

I'm not a Krusty Krab.
You would think they'd have learned their lesson with Good Neighbors...

It gets an F. It's not in my bottom 15 episodes, but it may be in that ballpark.

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 4

Episode: Squid Wood

This episode was horrible. The plot was really bland. I felt so bad for Squidward because of that stupid dummy. Spongebob was really annoying, and the Bikini Bottomies were mean spirited (this whole episode regarding the dummy, though). I only liked one or two joke(s). 3.5/10

Alex Squarepants

angrier than ever
This episode is a lot of fun, lot's of people hate this episode because it's a Squid torture episode. I personally think this episode is a good episode.

7/10

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Stupid plot with lots of annoyance but for whatever reason I thought it was kind-of fun.

4/10

Back