78a. Best Frenemies

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 4

Episode: Best Frenemies

This episode was pretty good. The plot was interesting. The ending was weird, but it didn't bother me. There were few funny jokes. 7.5/10

SquiddlyPie

random gal
I love this episode , it's just sooo good...Mr.Krabs and Plankton COOPERATING together :O :D ??? :D :D
Also, who would have thought that Mr.Krabs would want to steal a secret recipe!!! :P
The episode is full of energy and funny quotes and that makes it NOT BORING , and FUN to watch :D

10/10... :wub: :hehe:

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
A classic season 4 episode. The team-up was masterfully executed and the plot was great, there were some good jokes too, this feels like an improvement over "New Leaf" (Even though I do like that episode)

9/10

PinkPearl

insert title here
Watched another episode today. I must say, I should do this more often.

The good stuff:
Mr. Krabs and Plankton's relationship here was great. They seemed to get along, even at the end when they "pretended" to chase each other. It made me wonder why they couldn't think..."hmm...why do we have to hate each other, anyway? We can get along, why not just do that from now on?" But I guess that's no fun. Maybe a secret 4th wall joke about characters having to play their roles? Ooh, that's an idea. Overall, a good concept before it became repetitive.

Spongebob looked hilarious in green fuzz. So did Plankton in his Einstein hairdo.

I liked the plethora of classic character quirks. Mr. Krabs' laugh, Plankton's screaming when something goes wrong, seeing Karen as an actual computer ingredient decoder again. In short, the characters were in character and made me laugh.

The allusion to real life was clever and relatable.

Lots of great action from Plankton and Mr. Krabs that genuinely made me laugh.

I had the "Holy moly, how'd that happen?" quote in my head a few days ago and couldn't remember where it was from. Now I know :P

The bad stuff:

Is it me, or do Spongebob episodes seem shorter than I remember? The plot seemed a little rushed, but I guess it had to be that way if it was only 11 minutes. Mr. Krabs and Plankton seemed awfully quick to want to team up.

I forgot how good this was. 9/10

A real smash hit from Season 4, it has one of the most brilliant plots and writings with multiple settings, and most of all, a dynamic between Mr. Krabs and Plankton: putting rivalry aside and working together, I would say the ending was actually pretty unpredictable, but really ugly too... 10/10

SpongeBronyPH

Giant Clam
Episode: Best FrEnemies (S4-E78-B)

This episode is perfect. Mr. Krabs and Plankton working together is the best idea. It's better than The Other Patty. And the KelpShake, it reminds me of Starbucks because Starbucks is my favorite coffee chain.

Final Score = 10/10

D00d13B0bF1atpants

Floating Shopping List
It was nice seeing Plankton & Krabs team up against a Common foe; that is detrimental to BOTH of their Businesses!!

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
Probably my favorite of the second half of Season 4, I haven't watched it in years, so I can't really review because it would be from my foggy memory, but I remember it being pretty nice.

DeadAccount

Floating Shopping List
Probably my favorite of the second half of Season 4, I haven't watched it in years, so I can't really review because it would be from my foggy memory, but I remember it being pretty nice.

Assuming you've watched this episode again recently, would you still stand by this post?

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
SpongeNicko said:
Assuming you've watched this episode again recently, would you still stand by this post?
You know, I would. I love great chemistry between characters, and this is a really great idea for a story. I'm surprised this idea hasn't happened this early on, I love seeing them have to work together. There's a great twist at the end as well. Plus, it has some nice jokes scattered about, it doesn't do anything terrible, and there's great environment with the buildings. I like it, a lot, it may be a great episode, I'd have to think more, I'm guessing you're not the biggest fan of it?

DeadAccount

Floating Shopping List
You know, I would. I love great chemistry between characters, and this is a really great idea for a story. I'm surprised this idea hasn't happened this early on, I love seeing them have to work together. There's a great twist at the end as well. Plus, it has some nice jokes scattered about, it doesn't do anything terrible, and there's great environment with the buildings. I like it, a lot, it may be a great episode, I'd have to think more, I'm guessing you're not the biggest fan of it?

Actually no, I think this is in my Top 5 for Season 4 and possibly even in my Top 50 all time favorite episodes. Pretty much for all the reasons you've stated.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
SpongeNicko said:
Actually no, I think this is in my Top 5 for Season 4 and possibly even in my Top 50 all time favorite episodes. Pretty much for all the reasons you've stated.
Oh cool, I think the writers liked it too, because they completely ripped it off in Season 8.

DeadAccount

Floating Shopping List
Oh cool, I think the writers liked it too, because they completely ripped it off in Season 8.

Yeah, and that episode (The Other Patty) is also far worse than this one. This one's a lot more funny and creative.

I also enjoy this episode a hell of a lot more than its partner (Born to Be Wild), which I consider to be a very meh episode.

I liked this one. It's pretty interesting to see a business that is better than the Krusty Krab and the Chum Bucket, only to have it be dangerous in the end. It's a very relatable message.

Ranking so far:
1. Dunces and Dragons (A+)
2. Mrs. Puff, You're Fired (A+)
3. Krusty Towers (A+)
4. The Lost Mattress (A)
5. Fear of a Krabby Patty (A)
6. Bummer Vacation (A)
7. Skill Crane (A)
8. Wishing You Well (A)
9. Patrick SmartPants (A)
10. Have You Seen This Snail? (A)
11. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy VI: The Motion Picture (B)
12. Ghost Host (B)
13. Once Bitten (B)
14. Best Frenemies (B)
15. Krabs vs. Plankton (B)
16. Chimps Ahoy (B)
17. Selling Out (B)
18. Squidtastic Voyage (B)
19. New Leaf (B)
20. That's No Lady (C)
21. Enemy In-Law (C)
22. Driven to Tears (C)
23. Shell of a Man (C)
24. Whale of a Birthday (C)
25. SquidBob TentaclePants (C)
26. Hocus Pocus (D)
27. Funny Pants (D)
28. Karate Island (D)
29. Rule of Dumb (D)
30. Good Neighbors (E)
31. Wigstruck (E)
32. The Thing (F)
33. All That Glitters (F)

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
I really like this one. The team-up of Krabs and Plankton never gets old, and they made some really good use of it here. The plot is great, as well as some of the jokes (even though I think the episode could've been a bit funnier) and it's all around a solid episode. I also think the twist at the end is pretty funny and unexpected.

Good episode (8/10)

1. Dunces and Dragons (10)
2. Krusty Towers (10)
3. Have You Seen This Snail? (9)
4. Wishing You Well (9)
5. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy VI: The Motion Picture (8)
6. Fear of a Krabby Patty (8)
7. Krabs vs. Plankton (8)
8. Best Frenemies (8)
9. Patrick Smartpants (8)
10. Selling Out (8)
11. Shell of a Man (7)
12. The Lost Mattress (7)
13. Mrs. Puff, You're Fired (7)
14. Squidtastic Voyage (7)
15. Karate Island (7)
16. Bummer Vacation (7)
17. Enemy-In-Law (7)