76a. The Thing

DeadAccount

Floating Shopping List
Yeah pretty much agree, but I'm not too big on Jellyfishing, but you're points make sense to me.

That's fair. We'll just agree to disagree when it comes to Jellyfishing. I pretty much agree with almost everything you said in your own review of this episode too, even if I wouldn't rate it as low as a 0.8.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
SpongeNicko said:
That's fair. We'll just agree to disagree when it comes to Jellyfishing. I pretty much agree with almost everything you said in your own review of this episode too, even if I wouldn't rate it as low as a 0.8.
Yep, and I don't dislike Jellyfishing ether, I'm just not really a fan. And also the reason why I gave it a very low score is because it has a personal connection to me when I was younger, just because the way he was trapped and I had claustrophobia, but yep glad to see we can agree to disagree (especially since the rest of SBM can't do that right now :rofl2: )

Also are you done posting on Episode Consistency? I am just curious.

DeadAccount

Floating Shopping List
Yep, and I don't dislike Jellyfishing ether, I'm just not really a fan. And also the reason why I gave it a very low score is because it has a personal connection to me when I was younger, just because the way he was trapped and I had claustrophobia, but yep glad to see we can agree to disagree (especially since the rest of SBM can't do that right now :rofl2: )

Also are you done posting on Episode Consistency? I am just curious.

Yeah, that's perfectly understandable, and I also agree that I wish more people on this site would simply just agree to disagree on things like this.

To answer your question: No I'm not. I actually just posted there a minute ago. I kinda forgot about it for some reason TBH, but we can continue it. Also, on a similar note, I hope you can partake in the best episode elimination game soon, since I want to get that game moving along as well.

I don't want to get too off topic so I think I'll just leave it here.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
SpongeNicko said:
Yeah, that's perfectly understandable, and I also agree that I wish more people on this site would simply just agree to disagree on things like this.

To answer your question: No I'm not. I actually just posted there a minute ago. I kinda forgot about it for some reason TBH, but we can continue it. Also, on a similar note, I hope you can partake in the best episode elimination game soon, since I want to get that game moving along as well.

I don't want to get too off topic so I think I'll just leave it here.
Alright, if I find time I play the elimination game, uh and yeah to not stay off topic we can agree that The Thing sucks pretty bad.

josemiguex

Imitation Krab
Sorry guys, but I really like this episode, yeah, it's a STP but IMO it's done in a funny way, unlike in squid wood that is pretty annoying, and it's better than other episodes in this season that I find to be a bit boring

8.5/10

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
josemiguex said:
Sorry guys, but I really like this episode, yeah, it's a STP but IMO it's done in a funny way, unlike in squid wood that is pretty annoying, and it's better than other episodes in this season that I find to be a bit boring

8.5/10
I'd happily debate that with you. :coolio:

josemiguex

Imitation Krab
FinnDinner said:
I'd happily debate that with you. :coolio:
I understand why you hate this episode, but these things didn't bother me, and also I watched an adult show that made a comedic funeral and has a lot of "bad luck" humor so this is pretty innocent for me

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
josemiguex said:
I understand why you hate this episode, but these things didn't bother me, and also I watched an adult show that made a comedic funeral so this is pretty innocent for me
Alright it’s your opinion, I guess I could see how you wouldn’t find it that bad, but man does it suck for me and leaves a really bad taste in my mouth that kills the comedy.

josemiguex

Imitation Krab
FinnDinner said:
Alright it’s your opinion, I guess I could see how you wouldn’t find it that bad, but man does it suck for me and leaves a really bad taste in my mouth that kills the comedy.
And also I don't feel bad with the abuse because it's just a cartoon without continuity and I know that in the next episode it will be fine, so I prefer to laugh rather than feel bad for the character, but that doesn't means that I always laugh at the abuse of characters, for example I didn't like the abuse of Gary in The Great Snail Race

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
josemiguex said:
And also I don't feel bad with the abuse because it's just a cartoon without continuity and I know that in the next episode it will be fine, so I prefer to laugh rather than feel bad for the character, but that don't means that I always laugh at the abuse of characters, for example I didn't like the abuse of Gary in The Great Snail Race
Sure sure, but could you explain how it's different in The Thing then it is in The Great Snail Race? Just wondering.

josemiguex

Imitation Krab
FinnDinner said:
Sure sure, but could you explain how it's different in The Thing then it is in The Great Snail Race? Just wondering.
Because in The Great Snail Race Gary is directly abused by Spongebob (even his eyes exploded) but in The Thing it's just bad luck, and Patrick and Spongebob didn't know that the creature was Squidward

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
josemiguex said:
Because in The Great Snail Race Gary is directly abused by Spongebob (even his eyes exploded) but in The Thing it's just bad luck, and Patrick and Spongebob didn't know that the creature was Squidward
Would you say that Good Neighbors or Boating Buddies isn't that bad because it isn't directly harming Squidward? Just wondering again.

josemiguex

Imitation Krab
FinnDinner said:
Would you say that Good Neighbors or Boating Buddies isn't that bad because it isn't directly harming Squidward? Just wondering again.
Well, at first I didn't like Squidward bad luck so I didn't find his bad luck in Good Neighbors funny, but after that it grew on me and I started to find his bad luck funny (well, depends on how it's executed, for example I didn't like Squid wood), and Boating Buddies to me, while not perfect, it's not bad, the part where Squidward is beaten by a tough guy was hilarious imo, and I prefer this episode over others that I find to be a lot worse (for example Slide Whistle Stooges ).

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
josemiguex said:
Well, at first I didn't like Squidward bad luck so I didn't find his bad luck in Good Neighbors funny, but after that it grew on me and I started to find his bad luck funny (well, depends on how it's executed, for example I didn't like Squid wood), and Boating Buddies to me, while not perfect, it's not bad, the part where Squidward is beaten by a tough guy was hilarious imo, and I prefer this episode over others that I find to be a lot worse (for example Slide Whistle Stooges ).
Alright humor is subjective, but what would you say the difference in execution is in The Thing compared to Squid wood? Like what would say The Thing does that Squid Wood misses, making The Thing a better episode?

josemiguex

Imitation Krab
FinnDinner said:
Alright humor is subjective, but what would you say the difference in execution is in The Thing compared to Squid wood? Like what would say The Thing does that Squid Wood misses, making The Thing a better episode?
I don't know exactly, it just I didn't find funny his abuse funny in that episode.

On the other hand, Cephalopod lodge was hilarious to me, and I didn't like Choir boys

Maybe the difference between episodes Cephalopod lodge or The Thing and Choir Boys or Squid Wood it's at least those episodes has some charm while the others are pretty boring

I will show you a scene from that adult show, I promise you that the painful scenes like the toenail or eyebrow rip are nothing compared to this:

Link to the video

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
Alright then yeah, I guess if it's just down to humor I can't really argue. I don't really get how you find it funny, and I actually see more charm in Squid Wood than Cephalopod Lodge, but that's my opinion, I'd be down to agree to disagree.

Also that video was pretty nasty lol, I don't know what that has to do with anything, but thanks I guess xD

josemiguex

Imitation Krab
FinnDinner said:
Alright then yeah, I guess if it's just down to humor I can't really argue. I don't really get how you find it funny, and I actually see more charm in Squid Wood than Cephalopod Lodge, but that's my opinion, I'd be down to agree to disagree.

Also that video was pretty nasty lol, I don't know what that has to do with anything, but thanks I guess xD
Yeah, I agree that my opinions are a lot different than yours and of a lot of people on this page.

With that video I'm saying that I don't recomend that anime at all if you or anybody don't like the problems with post movie seasons (gross out, squidward torture or painful scenes) because that anime has a lot of worse things.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
josemiguex said:
Yeah, I agree that my opinions are a lot different than yours and of a lot of people on this page.

With that video I'm saying that I don't recomend that anime at all if you or anybody don't like the problems with post movie seasons (gross out, squidward torture or painful scenes) because that anime has a lot of worse things.
Alright alright, I am not even into anime anyway, but I'll be sure to stay away from that lol.

I hated this episode. A really bad Squid abuse episode. This episode reminded me of Jellyfishing, except way worse. This is like SpongeBob and Patrick being oblivious in "Good Neighbors" but turned up a notch and done way wrong. This also has to be one of the weakest episode titles ever.

Ranking so far:
1. Dunces and Dragons (A+)
2. Mrs. Puff, You're Fired (A+)
3. Krusty Towers (A+)
4. The Lost Mattress (A)
5. Fear of a Krabby Patty (A)
6. Bummer Vacation (A)
7. Skill Crane (A)
8. Wishing You Well (A)
9. Patrick SmartPants (A)
10. Have You Seen This Snail? (A)
11. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy VI: The Motion Picture (B)
12. Ghost Host (B)
13. Once Bitten (B)
14. Krabs vs. Plankton (B)
15. Chimps Ahoy (B)
16. Selling Out (B)
17. Squidtastic Voyage (B)
18. New Leaf (B)
19. That's No Lady (C)
20. Enemy In-Law (C)
21. Shell of a Man (C)
22. Whale of a Birthday (C)
23. SquidBob TentaclePants (C)
24. Funny Pants (D)
25. Karate Island (D)
26. Good Neighbors (E)
27. Wigstruck (E)
28. The Thing (F)
29. All That Glitters (F)

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
Dislike this one. There's pretty much no humor, and most of the episode is dedicated to violence towards Squidward. It's also an obvious ripoff of Jellyfishing, which isn't even an episode I like anyway. The only part I really liked was when Spongebob and Patrick tried to break Squidward out of the zoo.

Bad episode (4/10)

1. Dunces and Dragons (10)
2. Krusty Towers (10)
3. Have You Seen This Snail? (9)
4. Wishing You Well (9)
5. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy VI: The Motion Picture (8)
6. Fear of a Krabby Patty (8)
7. Krabs vs. Plankton (8)
8. Patrick Smartpants (8)
9. Selling Out (8)
10. Shell of a Man (7)
11. The Lost Mattress (7)
12. Mrs. Puff, You're Fired (7)
13. Squidtastic Voyage (7)
14. Karate Island (7)
15. Bummer Vacation (7)
16. Enemy-In-Law (7)
17. Skill Crane (7)