76a. The Thing

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 4

Episode: The Thing

This episode was between bad and decent for me. The plot was kinda atricious for me. I felt bad for Squidward, because Spongebob and Patrick were idiots. There were few funny jokes. 5.5/10

SquiddlyPie

random gal
All of you guys are CORRECT, because this episode's abuse is OVER THE TOP, but tell me, what went wrong? I like this episode :P
I actually laughed with many scenes like Squidward and Patrick playing the catch, or Patrick and SpongeBob telling Squidward to change the TV channel or the volume etc. I also liked the scene at the zoo (even though it wasn't that good to watch) but I found the whole ''zoo scene'' pretty entertaining and energy-fulled .Definitely not an episode for sensitive people or people getting easily irritated, I am not that kind of people :P Because I liked this episode, and also definitely a NOT boring episode...this episode can't be boring...It is just wayyy too abusive for some people..other than that...I like it , from me , an 8.5/10 :P

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
My least-favorite episode of season 4, the plot was terrible. Not only is it an obvious rip-off of "Jellyfishing" but it's missing all of the humor. I liked two jokes, and maybe a few other minor chuckles but that's the end of it. Squidward seemed more sad then angry so all of the abuse was more annoying than funny. Angry Squidward>Abused and sad Squidward. Everything seems like it's out to get Squidward in this episode that it isn't remotely fun to watch at all, even the ending is a big slap to the face. Not to mention SpongeBob and Patrick are so annoying. This episode sucks badly.

2/10

BobCarotte

meep
Yeah, the episode has a bad plot but the Squid abuse didn't bother me too much. I give it a 6/10, meh episode.

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
Here's the thing (hehe) with this episode: I don't hate it, but it does swim in the sea of mediocre-ness. The plot was pretty bad and unoriginal (seemed too much like Jellyfishing in my eyes) and the abuse gets old after a while, but it's not the worst squid abuse that I have seen. At least it isn't Choir Boys, Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom or Squid Baby (bleh). I liked the appearance of Kelpy G. and his smooth jazz music number as well as the group of Smellies (the creatures that look just just, Smelly (duh)). I also like how SpongeBob tries to free Squidward when he finds out that the others are treating him badly. But the subpar plot and the lack of funny jokes do not add up to much when it comes to a good SpongeBob episode, so I can't call it great at all. This episode does a lot of things right and a lot of things wrong, so it lands on the "meh" part of the spectrum. I give it a 5/10.

Delta Stream

тhє fιєѕту qυιℓανα
So it's been 10 years since this episode aired... and let's say this episode sucks! Because, it is really dull and annoying. Plus, it's sad seeing Squidward getting tortured and made fun of throughout the entire episode! The Squidward Torture ::dolphin noise:: was taken too far in this episode.

SpongeBronyPH

Giant Clam
Episode: The Thing (S4-E76-A)

Used to watch this one, but right now, I hate it, except the ending. SB and Pat are extremely annoying and stupid to poor Squidward.

Final Score = 0/10 :fail: :patboo:

1033Forest

Imitation Krab
Not bad, but not good either, the only thing that saves it from being that bad is I guess the jazz music they put into this one. They need to reuse the jazz music from this episode for a title card for a season 11 episode

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
I really, really, really hate this one. There are just things in this episode that get to me in a way that Good Neighbors or All That Glitters just doesn't. Squid is literally trapped in cement only able to move his body side to side, while being found and needlessly tortured by SpongeBob and Patrick. We know it's not a real pet, there's no stakes, and even if he was, this would be just animal abuse. He is literally captive in this episode for as little reason as scoffing SpongeBob and Patrick! Jellyfishing knew how to do it, and I am not even a fan of that episode, but it made Squid kind of deserve it, and even still, SpongeBob and Patrick got stung too, it wasn't on a SpongeBob Patrick hierarchy.

It's not funny, that's a major problem, but it's the least of this episode's worries. I was so sad watching this, that NONE of the gags made me laugh, I was just stuck watching Squidward in horror, and I'm not even really exaggerating. Of course when they do let him be free in the place, his shell breaks, it is really uncalled for. The chase scene is just so sad with the police it really sucks. On re-watch when you know what's going to happen it's even worse.

There's nothing to save this, I hate it, it's not funny, the plot isn't original, and it's just a mean episode. I think it is TERRIBLE: 0.8/10

DeadAccount

Floating Shopping List
^I actually love Jellyfishing a lot, it's my ninth favorite episode.

Anyway, this episode is awful and a terrible rehash of that episode. It basically takes everything that made Jellyfishing great, and executes them much differently and horribly, and thus creates a sad episode that basically amounts to nothing more than Squidward getting the finger on everything for no reason AT ALL. I don't know why, but when I was younger this actually used to be an episode I loved and was close to my favorites even. But as I'm now older and can look at this episode more critically, it truly is just another crap squid torture episode. The only thing saving me from rating this below a 2 is the fact that there's still a couple of minor things I like (such as the opening shots of SpongeBob and Pat's house and maybe one or two slightly funny lines), and the fact that squid abuse has been done even worse since this. Still, it is a dreadful mess, and I can't give it any higher than a 2.5/10. It's the second worst of the season, only beating out "All That Glitters" IMO.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
SpongeNicko said:
^I actually love Jellyfishing a lot, it's my ninth favorite episode.

Anyway, this episode is awful and a terrible rehash of that episode. It basically takes everything that made Jellyfishing great, and executes them much differently and horribly, and thus creates a sad episode that basically amounts to nothing more than Squidward getting the finger on everything for no reason AT ALL. I don't know why, but when I was younger this actually used to be an episode I loved and was close to my favorites even. But as I'm now older and can look at this episode more critically, it truly is just another crap squid torture episode. The only thing saving me from rating this below a 2 is the fact that there's still a couple of minor things I like (such as the opening shots of SpongeBob and Pat's house and maybe one or two slightly funny lines), and the fact that squid abuse has been done even worse since this. Still, it is a dreadful mess, and I can't give it any higher than a 2.5/10. It's the second worst of the season, only beating out "All That Glitters" IMO.
Yeah pretty much agree, but I'm not too big on Jellyfishing, but you're points make sense to me.

Back