75a. Squidtastic Voyage

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 4

Episode: Squidtastic Voyage

This episode was very decent. The plot was nice. Patrick was kinda a prick here and it kinda bothered me, but it didn't ruin the whole episode for me. There were some funny jokes. 6.5/10

Mr. Harrison

Bomb-Selling Pirate
This episode's okay, it just kind of happens. It's over and I just think "Well, that was a thing."

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Patrick was too jerky but he wasn't that bad and the rest of this is great. Tons of funny jokes and a good plot.

8/10

SpongeBronyPH

Giant Clam
Episode: Squidtastic Voyage (S4-E75-A)

This episode was aired during my 6th birthday but this episode is good. What I don't like in this episode is Patrick's stupidity, especially in the ending. Poor Squidward. Why did you do this, Patrick?

Final Score = 8/10

It's a pretty good episode. It's not great, but it's something worth watching at least once. I also like some of the jokes. So what's holding this episode back? Patrick, he's awful here.

Ranking so far:
1. Dunces and Dragons (A+)
2. Mrs. Puff, You're Fired (A+)
3. Krusty Towers (A+)
4. The Lost Mattress (A)
5. Fear of a Krabby Patty (A)
6. Bummer Vacation (A)
7. Skill Crane (A)
8. Wishing You Well (A)
9. Patrick SmartPants (A)
10. Have You Seen This Snail? (A)
11. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy VI: The Motion Picture (B)
12. Ghost Host (B)
13. Once Bitten (B)
14. Krabs vs. Plankton (B)
15. Chimps Ahoy (B)
16. Selling Out (B)
17. Squidtastic Voyage (B)
18. New Leaf (B)
19. Enemy In-Law (C)
20. Shell of a Man (C)
21. Whale of a Birthday (C)
22. SquidBob TentaclePants (C)
23. Funny Pants (D)
24. Karate Island (D)
25. Good Neighbors (E)
26. Wigstruck (E)
27. All That Glitters (F)

DannyWapbang

Sponge of Mystery
I wish Sandy went inside Squidward like she was going to, because in endo episodes, I prefer when women are inside men. It would've been a "girl power" episode and I would've had MUCH more fond memories of watching it when I was younger (the memories were already fond, but what if it were the way I wanted it to go?)

Instead, I have to write my own endo stories with women inside men. Like a Black Vulcan story where some sentient germs invade BV's body and his girlfriend Donna and Rai the Goddess of Lightning (who played a part in giving BV his superpowers) have to go inside him to hunt them down.

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
If Sandy went inside of Squidward then instead of them interacting (which is rare) we'd have the usual SpongeBob/Patrick/Squidward set-up

That's most likely the reason they decided to have Sandy be the one who stayed behind with Squidward and have SpongeBob and Patrick go inside his body

Last edited:

DannyWapbang

Sponge of Mystery
If Sandy went inside of Squidward then instead of them interacting (which is rare) we'd have the usual SpongeBob/Patrick/Squidward set-up

That's most likely the reason they decided to have Sandy be the one who stayed behind with Squidward and have SpongeBob and Patrick go inside his body
But she was GOING to do it. I wish they would do it like that instead, as Sandy and Squidward did interact in the beginning of the episode. Also, it'd be a girl power episode, and I greatly prefer women going inside of men.

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
I like this one. It's a fun ride, and I liked seeing all of the creative ideas and visuals inside Squidward's body; those were really cool to see. There's also some nice humor sprinkled in here too. The only thing I didn't really like about this episode was Patrick, he was very annoying and didn't really contribute much to the episode, apart from that one line near the end of the episode. Other than that, this one was pretty good.

Good episode (7/10)

1. Dunces and Dragons (10)
2. Krusty Towers (10)
3. Have You Seen This Snail? (9)
4. Wishing You Well (9)
5. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy VI: The Motion Picture (8)
6. Fear of a Krabby Patty (8)
7. Krabs vs. Plankton (8)
8. Patrick Smartpants (8)
9. Selling Out (8)
10. Shell of a Man (7)
11. The Lost Mattress (7)
12. Mrs. Puff, You're Fired (7)
13. Squidtastic Voyage (7)
14. Karate Island (7)
15. Bummer Vacation (7)
16. Enemy-In-Law (7)
17. Skill Crane (7)
18. Chimps Ahoy (6)
19. Funny Pants (6)
20. Once Bitten (6)
21. Whale of a Birthday (6)
22. Squidbob Tentaclepants (5)
23. New Leaf (5)
24. Ghost Host (5)
25. Wigstruck (5)
26. Good Neighbors (4)
27. All That Glitters (3)

GlitchyGoomba

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I know i'm in the minority when I say this, but I actually enjoyed the episode. It actually featured a story with plot elements that came full circle towards the end, a raised bar in terms of the conflict, and some pretty good pacing. I also really enjoyed the detail they put into the artwork of Squidward's organs, they look really vibrant and colorful. Although i do think it goes without saying that Patrick was the worst part about the episode, he just caused problems for the most part, and aside from a few good lines, he wasn't funny. I also wasn't a big fan of the ending. The good elements certainly outweigh the bad, and I think that this episode is a good watch.

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
A plain old fun episode that was funny!

Rating; Great episode

Rankings:
Patrick SmartPants (Perfect)
Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy VI The Motion Picture (Perfect)
Bummer Vacation (Amazing!)
Wishing You Well (Amazing!)
Krusty Towers (Amazing!)
Dunces and Dragons (Amazing!)
Once Bitten (Great)
Enemy In-Law (Great)
Wigstruck (Great)
Krabs Vs. Plankton (Great)
Have you Seen this Snail? (Great)
Shell of a Man (Great)
Selling Out (Great)
Squidtastic Voyage (Great)
Chimps Ahoy (Great)
Karate Island (Great)
SquidBob TentaclePants (Great)
Whale of a Birthday (Great)
The Lost Mattress (Okay)
Funny Pants (Meh)
Skill Crane (Meh)
Mrs. Puff Your'e Fired (Bad)
Fear of a Krabby Patty (bad)
New Leaf (Bad)
Ghost Host (Bad)
Good Neighbors (Terrible)
All That Glitters (Terrible)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Next up, we've got "Squidtastic Voyage", an episode I feel like I've seen a lot for some reason. Maybe it has frequent reruns or something. It's not an episode I purposefully go out of my way to watch, at least.

This episode randomly begins with the French Narrator, which is nice. I like that the narrator's able to get in on the comedy too. SpongeBob and Patrick dancing in this beginning scene isn't particularly funny or even that entertaining, but it does remind me of "Jellyfish Jam", so there's that at least. Things get more interesting though when Squidward's clarinet gets lodged inside his throat. The whole part where SpongeBob tries to get it out and the two start making a bunch of...noises while a parent and kid are walking outside is hilarious.

One thing I like about this episode is that we get to see Sandy and Squidward interact for once. Had we ever seen Squidward in a water helmet before this? I don't think so. The episode doesn't spend nearly enough time on their interactions, in my opinion, but I like what I see. I like how for once Sandy is not the practical one, level-headed one, at least not completely. She is pretty level-headed, but as shown by Squidward's ask if they could just shrink the reed, she isn't exactly being practical. I also love that Sandy just karate chops Squidward out of commission, instead of using idk anesthesia or something lol. The episode then starts progressing quite similarly to "Sandy's Rocket" with Patrick entering the fold and convincing SpongeBob to stop doing the sensible thing he is doing and go inside Sandy's machine. Patrick is kind of very dumb in this episode, which at times is entertaining (like the "shrink" joke) and at times is...not that (like everything he does to screw the mission when they're inside Squidward). The bit where Squidward finds out what's going on is pretty funny. I think this episode has some good jokes, they're just spread out.

I feel like my normal chronological style of episode reviews is not working as well for this episode, because I really don't have much to say about this part where they're first traversing the inside of Squidward's body. God I hate every time I have to say the plot points. Anyway, like Patrick being an idiot isn't all that funny and is kind of frustrating, and really the comedy only gets good when it cuts back to Sandy and Squidward. Like the nervous reaction from Squidward when Sandy's like "what are you trying to do, kill him?" like that was good. Also the part where Sandy has Squidward sign a waiver is pretty funny too, especially since he has no idea what it is. And then when SpongeBob and Patrick start hitting the brain stem and Squidward starts having all kinds of uncontrolled movements, and he kicks Sandy in an "uncontrolled movement", that was funny too. Also, that's definitely not what would happen if your brain stem was hit, considering the brain stem is not in control of motor activity, that's up in the motor cortex which is in the outside pink part of the brain. Honestly, you'd probably die since the brain stem is about very basic survival functions like breathing, heart beat etc. I took cognitive neuroscience last year, I'm basically an expert. ~Neuroscience with Pugs~

Anyway, the SpongeBob and Patrick segments of the episode do have their moments, like when SpongeBob's like "mayday! we're sinking! And Patrick won't stop screaming!" I liked the delivery on that. Also I like how Patrick had a sudden moment of genius. I like to think of this moment as either remnants of the brain coral from "Patrick SmartPants", or foreshadowing for "The Card". Either works for me haha. Anyway, I like how the thing that ends up solving the reed issue is the dancing from earlier, that was a good callback and a good example of sensible writing.

And then of course we have the ending, which is just body horror to me lmao. I love how instead of ending with the immediate aftermath of Patrick hitting "Grow", we cut to assumedly at least a day later, at the Krusty Krab. SpongeBob reporting for duty is somehow cute even though we literally don't see him, and the ending line with Patrick is just hilarious.

"Squidtastic Voyage" is a fun episode with some good jokes here and there, but not chock-full of them. It never gets boring by any means, but there are times where the plot lulls a bit. But those times are infrequent. I also enjoyed the collection of characters in this episode, even though Patrick is by far the weakest out of all of them. I'd say this episode fits nicely in my "Good" tier.

Episode Tier: Good
Episode Score:
7.8/10

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
Next up, we've got "Squidtastic Voyage", an episode I feel like I've seen a lot for some reason. Maybe it has frequent reruns or something. It's not an episode I purposefully go out of my way to watch, at least.

This episode randomly begins with the French Narrator, which is nice. I like that the narrator's able to get in on the comedy too. SpongeBob and Patrick dancing in this beginning scene isn't particularly funny or even that entertaining, but it does remind me of "Jellyfish Jam", so there's that at least. Things get more interesting though when Squidward's clarinet gets lodged inside his throat. The whole part where SpongeBob tries to get it out and the two start making a bunch of...noises while a parent and kid are walking outside is hilarious.

One thing I like about this episode is that we get to see Sandy and Squidward interact for once. Had we ever seen Squidward in a water helmet before this? I don't think so. The episode doesn't spend nearly enough time on their interactions, in my opinion, but I like what I see. I like how for once Sandy is not the practical one, level-headed one, at least not completely. She is pretty level-headed, but as shown by Squidward's ask if they could just shrink the reed, she isn't exactly being practical. I also love that Sandy just karate chops Squidward out of commission, instead of using idk anesthesia or something lol. The episode then starts progressing quite similarly to "Sandy's Rocket" with Patrick entering the fold and convincing SpongeBob to stop doing the sensible thing he is doing and go inside Sandy's machine. Patrick is kind of very dumb in this episode, which at times is entertaining (like the "shrink" joke) and at times is...not that (like everything he does to screw the mission when they're inside Squidward). The bit where Squidward finds out what's going on is pretty funny. I think this episode has some good jokes, they're just spread out.

I feel like my normal chronological style of episode reviews is not working as well for this episode, because I really don't have much to say about this part where they're first traversing the inside of Squidward's body. God I hate every time I have to say the plot points. Anyway, like Patrick being an idiot isn't all that funny and is kind of frustrating, and really the comedy only gets good when it cuts back to Sandy and Squidward. Like the nervous reaction from Squidward when Sandy's like "what are you trying to do, kill him?" like that was good. Also the part where Sandy has Squidward sign a waiver is pretty funny too, especially since he has no idea what it is. And then when SpongeBob and Patrick start hitting the brain stem and Squidward starts having all kinds of uncontrolled movements, and he kicks Sandy in an "uncontrolled movement", that was funny too. Also, that's definitely not what would happen if your brain stem was hit, considering the brain stem is not in control of motor activity, that's up in the motor cortex which is in the outside pink part of the brain. Honestly, you'd probably die since the brain stem is about very basic survival functions like breathing, heart beat etc. I took cognitive neuroscience last year, I'm basically an expert. ~Neuroscience with Pugs~

Anyway, the SpongeBob and Patrick segments of the episode do have their moments, like when SpongeBob's like "mayday! we're sinking! And Patrick won't stop screaming!" I liked the delivery on that. Also I like how Patrick had a sudden moment of genius. I like to think of this moment as either remnants of the brain coral from "Patrick SmartPants", or foreshadowing for "The Card". Either works for me haha. Anyway, I like how the thing that ends up solving the reed issue is the dancing from earlier, that was a good callback and a good example of sensible writing.

And then of course we have the ending, which is just body horror to me lmao. I love how instead of ending with the immediate aftermath of Patrick hitting "Grow", we cut to assumedly at least a day later, at the Krusty Krab. SpongeBob reporting for duty is somehow cute even though we literally don't see him, and the ending line with Patrick is just hilarious.

"Squidtastic Voyage" is a fun episode with some good jokes here and there, but not chock-full of them. It never gets boring by any means, but there are times where the plot lulls a bit. But those times are infrequent. I also enjoyed the collection of characters in this episode, even though Patrick is by far the weakest out of all of them. I'd say this episode fits nicely in my "Good" tier.

Episode Tier: Good
Episode Score: 7.8/10
wow this is your shortest review since season 1

yeah this episode is pretty good. great review!

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
wow this is your shortest review since season 1

yeah this episode is pretty good. great review!
LMAO why did that just make me laugh. I guess I was pretty tired when writing this last night. But it's also an episode I don't have much to say about so it all evens out.

SpongebobMaster

Dollarbob enjoyer
thought it was pretty mediocre it had some good stuff like the premise and the start with that funky music it had a few jokes but patrick is annoying, why did he have to be there? we could have had a rare sandy/spongebob/squidward episode but no! patrick just had to be here! he is really annoying he really gets on my nerves and this is one of his worst appearances but it had some good things so High C tier

Back