72a. All That Glitters

Alex Squarepants

angrier than ever
I REALLY don't like this episode, so many filler moments such as him crying, to that overly long gag where he's smashing the penny jars, and MORE CRYING, seriously Spongebob, get over it!!! Its just a ::dolphin noise:: spatula. And it's annoying how he's naked throughout the second half of the episode, a lot like in Nature Pants ehere he's naked like 75% of the episode, it's overall a terribly annoying episode and this gets a...

1.5/10

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
...Where do I begin with this episode? To start, there was way too much crying and a whole lot of filler in this episode, and Spongebob's crying is one of THE most annoying sounds I can hear, other than a baby crying. The filler was also very boring, and it took up a lot of the episode. I don't get why he cries over a stinkin' spatula. I also found Spongebob being naked to be disturbing and creepy, and that also took up too much of the episode. At least in Nature Pants, Spongebob being naked makes sense, even though NP is one of the weaker S1 episodes. Le Spatula is a very unlikeable character, and I did not like how it stereotyped French people because French people don't act as snooty as that spatula. This episode has just failed me, and considering that I have fairly low expectations for Spongebob episodes. I also did not like how Spongebob just rolled around crying, and then he says "All that glitters is not gold", making a failed moral. I only liked the happy ending and the doctor joke, and that was it.

In conclusion, this episode is terrible! I hated it ever since I was a little kid, and I still hate it now. :plankshrimp:

0.5/10

SquiddlyPie

random gal
I actually find this episode particularly decent! I agree with MOST of you ; SpongeBob's crying was SAD and ANNOYING..
Patrick's unexpected crying , Le Spatula's character... BUT..what I REALLY REALLY like about this episode is the ending....when SpongeBob admits that he was a FOOL (he wasn't but he just thought he is) and he said ''All that Glitters is not GOLD'' I really liked that....and I really liked how his old spatula understood that and they became friends again...That's what I really liked....I give this a 6

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Oh boy this episode... what a train-wreck.

Let's get the humor out of the way, awful. Every gag is annoying since they keep repeating them and they have no originality, we get that he's making a monster krabby patty, we get that SpongeBob's sad, we get that the spatula costs a lot, we get that SpongeBob's naked... yet they drag each joke for an eternity! I wouldn't be surprised if 70% of this episode was filler and it doesn't help that SpongeBob can't stop crying! It isn't pleasant to the ears at all. I guess they were trying to tell some sort of fable here but it falls utterly flat. The moral is that "All that glitters is not gold" (SpongeBob literally stares at my soul when he's doing this) I have a feeling they might have been going for some-sort of parody but it's played pretty straight, I mean, we see a naked Sponge get hit by a snooty french spatula, yet it seems we're supposed to take this as actual drama. I'm not invested in the story at all since the episode's given me no reason to care about SpongeBob's perils. I'm aware that SpongeBob has no continuity but in this episode they give me no reason to care about SpongeBob's spatula, it shows zero emotion 'till the end so it just makes SpongeBob look like a big crybaby. Due to this the moral doesn't work because spatulas are equipment and unless they're somehow sentient like in this episode you should probably get the best in your budget, obviously SpongeBob shouldn't of sold everything to get it but then the moral would be "Don't spend all your money on superfluous trinkets." Also I hate that stupid french spatula. Ugh this entire episode is a brain-fart. I do like the cute ending and the doctor in-training joke (The first time) as well as Patrick crying with SpongeBob but that's it. This episode gives "The Thing" a run for its money for the worst episode in season 4.

2/10

SperngeyBerb

Banished
1.3/10
12/100
ScumBob Episode
3rd Worst Season 4 Episode
38th Worst Episode Overall

SpongeBob cries in this episode. A lot.

All That Glitters is a good episode in a way of a little heart-warming as an episode, and has a heart-warming ending, between SpongeBob's relationship with his favorite job and favorite spatula, but the crying is really unnecessary and is really just filler. I'm not gonna lie but when SB said, "What's shaking, Granny?" I was dying! 6.5/10

SpongeBronyPH

Giant Clam
Episode: All that Glitters (S4-E72-A)

UGHHHHH!!!!!! The 1st cryfest of SBSP before A Day without Tears (S7-E136-A). I ::dolphin noise::ing hate this episode with a blazing passion. After breaking his spatula with the heavy monster krabby patty (the plot device), SpongeBob started crying about his broken spatula for about a minute (the first filler). After that, his spatula named Spat (also named FiFi from Little Yellow Book) was hospitalized. WHAT!!! That's impossible!!! It violates cartoon logic!!! Then after selling away his house and stuff, he bought Le Spatula while naked!!! WHAT THE ::dolphin noise::?!?!?!?! After that, Le Spatula doesn't want to touch the krabby patty and became mean-spirited. Then SpongeBob wants to get Spat back and Spat betrays him. Then he started crying again. While crying, SpongeBob says:

"All that Glitters is not gold."​
Then Spat is back at the grill. The ending is good but most of the scenes from the problem to falling action is very bad, annoying and mean-spirited.

Final Score = 0/10 :patboo: -_- :fred:

1033Forest

Imitation Krab
Too much crying. My least favorite season 4 episode. The title of this was really misleading I was expecting it to be about something glittering and SB admiring it, but no, it's about him breaking his spatula and crying over it.

1/10

I didn't like this one. At all. This just felt like an 11 minute cry-fest. And none of it was funny. Also, "Le Spat" was one of the meanest characters on this whole show.

Ranking so far:
1. Dunces and Dragons (A+)
2. Mrs. Puff, You're Fired (A+)
3. Krusty Towers (A+)
4. The Lost Mattress (A)
5. Fear of a Krabby Patty (A)
6. Skill Crane (A)
7. Patrick SmartPants (A)
8. Have You Seen This Snail? (A)
9. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy VI: The Motion Picture (B)
10. Ghost Host (B)
11. Krabs vs. Plankton (B)
12. Chimps Ahoy (B)
13. Selling Out (B)
14. Enemy In-Law (C)
15. Shell of a Man (C)
16. Whale of a Birthday (C)
17. SquidBob TentaclePants (C)
18. Funny Pants (D)
19. Karate Island (D)
20. Good Neighbors (E)
21. All That Glitters (F)

A relevant person

Imitation Krab
One thing I noticed about Season 3, especially Season 4, and S5, is that all of them declined in quality as the season went on. I feel this episode was the one that started S4's downward spiral. Definitely the worst ep of the season

CheeseCrocker

Bomb-Selling Pirate
A mixed bag. Some funny moments, but the whole episode is just dull.

Eh Episode (5.5/10)

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
This is the episode that started the downfall of the show imo. The concept of Spongebob losing his spatula and needing to get a new one is actually pretty interesting, but unfortunately this is one of the most poorly written episodes in the entire show. The first minute of the episode is pretty much dedicated to Spongebob crying and jokes that don't land due to their poor delivery. The rest of the episode is equally as uninteresting, with a dull and unfunny story. The resolution is also really stupid and just feels rushed; it really feels like they were confused on the moral they were trying to tell. The only real positive thing I can say about this episode is that I liked the montage, but that's not saying much.

Bad episode (3/10)

1. Dunces and Dragons (10)
2. Krusty Towers (10)
3. Have You Seen This Snail? (9)
4. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy VI: The Motion Picture (8)
5. Fear of a Krabby Patty (8)
6. Krabs vs. Plankton (8)
7. Patrick Smartpants (8)
8. Selling Out (8)
9. Shell of a Man (7)
10. The Lost Mattress (7)
11. Mrs. Puff, You're Fired (7)
12. Karate Island (7)
13. Enemy-In-Law (7)
14. Skill Crane (7)
15. Chimps Ahoy (6)
16. Funny Pants (6)
17. Whale of a Birthday (6)
18. Squidbob Tentaclepants (5)
19. Ghost Host (5)
20. Good Neighbors (4)
21. All That Glitters (3)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Old review

This episode was a cringe-fest i hate how boring and stupid it is and naked spongebob NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

0/10 Hellish Episode

Last edited:
Back