71b. Karate Island

I don't get why this is so hated. It was overhyped like hell, but the plot was VERY creative and I absolutely loved the ending. Spandy and Squidward double FTW

hfjs

As predictable as it is, Karate Island is my least favorite Season 4 episode. Let's start with the plot-TERRIBLE. Spongebob becomes King of Karate, then becomes an arrogant (dolphin noise). Then we learn this was a scam to buy real estate. WHAT?!?!?!?!?! ARE YOU SERIOUS MR. MIYAGI! That's another celebrity cameo in the dumpster. I can't stand when SB acts arrogant, so I can't stand this episode. Also, the Four Floors of Fear-WHERE WAS THE FIGHTING? Even though he and Sandy are well matched, he acts he's miles better than Sandy. Man, that was annoying. The humor-wait, what humor? Anyways, I hated Spongebob in this episode, I hated Sandy, too. I also hated Master Udon. If all that's not bad enough, this earned the #1 ON THE BDE COUNTDOWN? No. Just No. So anyways, in my opinion, this is the worst season 4 episode and the sixth worst overall.

Spongeo

Professional Mayo Player
I find this full of action but it was confusing because at the end of them fighting he said its for real estate what!? how does that make sense and Squidward at the end was a little unnecessary

Supmandude

Squog
It was alright. It didn't deserve to win the Best Day Ever, though and I think that ruined it for some people. I don't know though. ._.

Kumatora0203

Moby Dollar
I think it was because it was named #1 in that poll that this episode has all the hate that it does.
its underrated 8/10 for me

Exactly what I would have said I hate the s4 onwards haters going wah it was number one on best day ever countdown wah wah wah
But I would give it a 7/10

I can understand why many people hates this episode. I think Wishing You Well (It's #2) should be #1. The idea of this episode was interesting and It could've been one of my favorites episodes too but the execution was terrible. In this episode, SpongeBob was a jerk to Sandy, the part with Four Floors of Fear wasn't even entertaining and the rest of this episode was boring and unfunny. the only funny part was the ending. I also liked the begining, the fight between Sandy and Master Udon and Pat Morita guest starring. One of the worse season 4 episodes. I gave this episode a 3.5/10

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
This episode was a cool idea, but it really wasn't executed well. Most of the jokes were terrible and the overall pacing of the story is all-over-the-place and awkward. It's not as terrible as it's made out to be, but it's still pretty bad.

Fondue Pot

Delicious
It was good, although Sandy doesn't do any karate and Spongebob being a ::dolphin noise::, even though he apologized.

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
I think this episode was kind of violent. It didn't even deserve to be the first in the Best Day Ever marathon. I guess this episode was OK, but SpongeBob was kind of a jerk and some parts were unfunny and bland. Not my favorite though. 6/10.

SecretBox

Bomb-Selling Pirate
It's nowhere near the worst episode ever made, but it isn't very good. Some of the jokes in this episode fall flat on it's face, and the fight scenes in this episode is lame. (Except the last one.) It did have some funny parts like SpongeBob waxing Gary's shell and the scene where Sandy fights that B.O. monster with her fresh air dome. It really didn't need to be on top 100 list. 4/10

BrickSponge2015

See You Ocean Man...
Milkmaidman said:
As predictable as it is, Karate Island is my least favorite Season 4 episode. Let's start with the plot-TERRIBLE. Spongebob becomes King of Karate, then becomes an arrogant (dolphin noise). Then we learn this was a scam to buy real estate. WHAT?!?!?!?!?! ARE YOU SERIOUS MR. MIYAGI! That's another celebrity cameo in the dumpster. I can't stand when SB acts arrogant, so I can't stand this episode. Also, the Four Floors of Fear-WHERE WAS THE FIGHTING? Even though he and Sandy are well matched, he acts he's miles better than Sandy. Man, that was annoying. The humor-wait, what humor? Anyways, I hated Spongebob in this episode, I hated Sandy, too. I also hated Master Udon. If all that's not bad enough, this earned the #1 ON THE BDE COUNTDOWN? No. Just No. So anyways, in my opinion, this is the worst season 4 episode and the sixth worst overall.
Same here. Only one thing: the idea of the condos was sort of funny, especially the music during that part.

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
Not great but not completely bad. Just too anticlimactic and didn't have enough funny jokes to make it work on top of SpongeBob acting like a jerk for barely any reason. the concept was clearly there and interesting in itself but the execution of it left much to be desired.The fight scenes were kinda cool and I guess the real estate thing was an attempt to have some kind of a joke here but other than that, really forgettable. 5/10

Hans

Floating Shopping List
I honestly....thought this episode was okay. It's definitely not the best episode, but I feel like the main reason people hate it is because it was #1 on that countdown.

The Amazing Wumbologist

Imitation Krab
How was THIS voted #1 in the Best Day Ever Poll? How? The episode is just average at best. But what real,y makes me hate it is that fact i mentioned above. The real #1 should be Band Geeks or Chocolate With Nuts or anything but this!
4/10 :patrickomg:

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
Popeye Q. Krabs said:
Not great but not completely bad. Just too anticlimactic and didn't have enough funny jokes to make it work on top of SpongeBob acting like a jerk for barely any reason. the concept was clearly there and interesting in itself but the execution of it left much to be desired.The fight scenes were kinda cool and I guess the real estate thing was an attempt to have some kind of a joke here but other than that, really forgettable. 5/10
This reminds me of another episode where Spongebob gets arbitrarily egotistical- "As Seen On TV."

The difference is that ASOT is actually really funny. And it's funny because it's so outlandishly over-the-top.

Back