69a. Krusty Towers

Kerdem

Banished
Great Episode But A Little Bit Overrated Its Partner Is Funnier IMO But Still Great Episode

10/10

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
Dear Neptune, this is a funny one.
This episode had a lot of funny Patrick moments (suitcase filled with rocks, room full of cheese, somehow getting Spongebob lodged in the toilet,) and Squidward was brilliant. I love how Squid turned the tables on Krabs, and we even got to see Squidward having some genuine cammaderie with Sponge and Pat.

More

VIP
Easily one of the best episodes. I won't even mention how many good gags there are. Season 3 material (like the most of the season)

10/10 (top 20)

Pospooky

Moby Dollar
Rewatching this episode, it isn't as good as I remember. I mean, it's still good, but it has pointless, unneccessary Squid Abuse and Patrick being an asshole. At least Krabs got tortured back though.

Score: 7/10

Mantis

killer queen best stand
Easily one of the most overrated SpongeBob episodes ever.

What am I even reading

I hate how people still whine like babies over character abuse just because this is a post-movie.
Get over it. They ALL lose in the end; the freaking hotel EXPLODES and Mr. Krabs loses his money, Squidward his vacation, Patrick his pool, and ALL of them (except for Mr. Krabs) their bones. I know for a fact that no one would complain if this had come out 2 years earlier.
Patrick was being a jerk? Yes guys, this was totally comparable to Rule of Dumb, Pet Sitter Pat, The Card, and Yours, Mine, and Mine where he was ABUSING everyone around him and causing chaos to the entirety of society. Right, because Patrick totally isn't an oblivious idiot in pre-movie EVER--Squidville and ruining his house, Naughty Nautical Neighbors and falling asleep during Squiddy's music,-- EVER. @_@

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
How is this even Squid Abuse? Most episodes that are "Squid Abuse" episodes are ones that I don't mind the so-called "abuse".

Entriol

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I'm assuming the people who hate this episode are also the people who hate Jellyfishing and Club Spongebob. "Squid abuse" only applies to episodes where Squidward didn't do anything wrong or wasn't an unlikeable jerk.

Entriol said:
I'm assuming the people who hate this episode are also the people who hate Jellyfishing and Club Spongebob. "Squid abuse" only applies to episodes where Squidward didn't do anything wrong or wasn't an unlikeable jerk.
Exactly! He refused to do his job! How on earth is he innocent?!

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
Here's a tip:

Never mention about how Squidward didn't deserve something in their opinion, people always get mad and make it a big deal. ;)

President Squidward said:
Here's a tip:

Never mention about how Squidward didn't deserve something in their opinion, people always get mad and make it a big deal. ;)
Here's why I get mad: Squidward's a good character, but he's not a flawless octopus. He's a narcisstic jerk pre-movie, he's arrogant, he's rude, and he's twisted. Does that make me love him any less? No, that's why I come to love him.
I also hate SQUID ABUSE.. aka the thing he recieves when HE'S BEING INNOCENT! INNOCENT!
I don't see how he's so "innocent and kind lol" in this episode. He's arrogant about the hotel, he's rude to a customer, then he quits. He deserves every ounce of so-called 'abuse' in this episode.
Believe it or not, you can be a fan of a chracter without blindly praising everything they do because guess what? EVERY CHARACTER HAS FLAWS. NO HUMAN OR CHARACTER IS PERFECT. None! So when people complain about Squid Abuse, in a post-movie episode in which EVERY CHARACTER SUFFERS AT THE END, I think I have reasons to be skeptical about people's claims that this is character abuse. I also think this episodes shows a perfect example of people who consider even the slightest torment to Squidward 'abuse'.

And don't even get me started on how "Patrick is still a jerk in this one". The only jerky thing I can think of that he did was make Squidward frustrated... guess what people? That's the main focus of the show! Squidward was born to be annoyed, whether you would like to admit it or not. What is going too far is when he's not a jerk and he can't avoid the situation! When Patrick acts like a 'jerk' about his room, it's to cause the story to happen or to give Squidward a reason to quit. Why else would Squidward quit? He's never quit his job outside Squid on Strike so why would he quit now? It's a cartoon, so stop nitpicking little things that needed to happen anyways. Besides, I only thought Patrick was a jerk at the end and in the painitng scene... AND HE GOT ALL HIS BONES MUTILATED!!!!!!!!! :facepalm: How is he escaping karma here?!

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
E.V.I.L said:
Believe it or not, you can be a fan of a chracter without blindly praising everything they do because guess what? EVERY CHARACTER HAS FLAWS. NO HUMAN OR CHARACTER IS PERFECT. None!
lol I already knew that

And while Squidward was a jerk to the customers and didn't do his job good, you gotta admit Krabs was acting a little jerky too.

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
Once again, anything that happens to Squidward that's actually funny I don't consider Squid "abuse" at all. When it's poorly written, unfunny and terribly executed like in "Boating Buddies", then you're free to call that whatever you want. Squid torture, Squid abuse, whatever. I don't know why this is suddenly becoming a full blown debate again. There's a huge difference between episodes like "Club SpongeBob", "Jellyfishing", "The Lost Mattress" and something like "Choir Boys" and "Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom" period and I can't imagine why anyone would confuse that.

I guess by that kind of logic, we have to now feel sorry about the Coyote getting hurt in a cartoony way in pretty much every Warner Bros. cartoon he was in and I've always found those cartoons and the cartoon violence they had to be funny.

lol I already knew that

And while Squidward was a jerk to the customers and didn't do his job good, you gotta admit Krabs was acting a little jerky too.
Guess what? HIS HOTEL EXPLODED AND HE LOST REVENUE. This is the moral of the episode: to not treat your employees like jerks OR YOUR COMPANY WILL FAIL. Period. There's no if's, and's, or but's to that. Literally no one didn't suffer karma.
Besides, this is a freaking cartoon about SpongeBob in a pineapple. The laws of morality don't have to be so strict. I can understand APFG where SpongeBob is an oblivious idiot, but this? They were all in character.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
E.V.I.L said:
Guess what? HIS HOTEL EXPLODED AND HE LOST REVENUE. This is the moral of the episode: to not treat your employees like jerks OR YOUR COMPANY WILL FAIL. Period. There's no if's, and's, or but's to that. Literally no one didn't suffer karma.
Besides, this is a freaking cartoon about SpongeBob in a pineapple. The laws of morality don't have to be so strict. I can understand APFG where SpongeBob is an oblivious idiot, but this? They were all in character.
Well, okay then. Chill with the caps there. :P

Popeye Q. Krabs said:
Once again, anything that happens to Squidward that's actually funny I don't consider Squid "abuse" at all. When it's poorly written, unfunny and terribly executed like in "Boating Buddies", then you're free to call that whatever you want. Squid torture, Squid abuse, whatever. I don't know why this is suddenly becoming a full blown debate again. There's a huge difference between episodes like "Club SpongeBob", "Jellyfishing", "The Lost Mattress" and something like "Choir Boys" period and I can't imagine why anyone would confuse that. I guess by that kind of logic, we have to now feel sorry about the Coyote getting hurt in pretty much every Warner Bros. cartoon he was in and I've always found those cartoons to be funny.
The difference is in the former episodes, Squidward was being a complete jerk except for maybe Jellyfishing (and even then, he shouldn't have been so annoying about not Jellyfishing) This has always been a part of Squidward's character and while most post-movie episodes take it too far, some episodes like Professor Squidward and now this apparently are considered Squid ABuse when they're FAR FROM IT.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
Popeye Q. Krabs said:
I don't know why this is suddenly becoming a full blown debate again.
Because some members what to make a big deal out of it when someone mentions Squidward. I know, it's annoying when this happens.

Well, okay then. Chill with the caps there. :P
They're meant to induce a feeling of "OMFG HOW DID YOU NOT NOTICE THAT" :P
But seriously, not every negative action towards Squidward needs to be labeled as "Abuse". That's offensive to the idea of Squid Abuse in the first place. -_-

Back