69a. Krusty Towers

Donuts

Floating Shopping List
The laundry scene is in the top 10 for Spongebob gags, definitely

josemiguex

Imitation Krab
This episode was hilarious and made me laugh from start to finish! Because of that I didn't like it, the episodes with barely any funny jokes and boring plots are a lot better for example Spongehenge or Slide whistle stooges, great that there are only a few episodes like this in the rest of post-movie!

0/10

JCM

#cancelspongebob
This was a very ambitious episode, and I really liked that. In it, Mr. Krabs turns his restaurant into a *cough*-star hotel, hoping that it'll allow him to rip people off on an even greater scale than before. Unfortunately, the only thing that increases with this transformation is Squidward's hatred of providing good service, and Patrick's antics as Krusty Towers' first and only customer finally pushes him over the edge and causes him to quit (again). After Squidward comes back to the resort to make Mr. Krabs' life a living heck, Mr. Krabs decides that it isn't worth it anymore and scraps the project. This episode's change of setting was a breath of fresh air, and I, like many others, consider it one of Season 4's best.

Birds858

Floating Shopping List
One of my favorite Season 4 episode, it’s very funny funny and i liked the plot of Mr. Krabs building his own hotel.

9/10

A great episode. I think we all know this one. It's very funny, has a great plot, and is just very funny. It's also really satisfying to see Mr. Krabs get his comeuppance.

Ranking so far:
1. Dunces and Dragons (A+)
2. Krusty Towers (A+)
3. The Lost Mattress (A)
4. Fear of a Krabby Patty (A)
5. Skill Crane (A)
6. Patrick SmartPants (A)
7. Have You Seen This Snail? (A)
8. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy VI: The Motion Picture (B)
9. Krabs vs. Plankton (B)
10. Selling Out (B)
11. Enemy In-Law (C)
12. Shell of a Man (C)
13. SquidBob TentaclePants (C)
14. Funny Pants (D)
15. Good Neighbors (E)

CannedBread

Moby Dollar
This episode was hilarious and made me laugh from start to finish! Because of that I didn't like it, the episodes with barely any funny jokes and boring plots are a lot better for example Spongehenge or Slide whistle stooges, great that there are only a few episodes like this in the rest of post-movie!

0/10
good bait.

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
This episode is amazing. It has some of the most hilarious moments in season 4, (the laundry joke is among my favorite jokes in the series) possibly the whole series up to this point. The plot is great, and they managed to fit so much in here that the episode felt longer then it really was. I'd really have to go out of my way to find something I dislike about this episode, I just adore it so much.

Perfect episode (10/10)

1. Krusty Towers (10)

2. Dunces and Dragons (10)
3. Have You Seen This Snail? (9)
4. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy VI: The Motion Picture (8)
5. Fear of a Krabby Patty (8)
6. Krabs vs. Plankton (8)
7. Patrick Smartpants (8)
8. Selling Out (8)
9. Shell of a Man (7)
10. The Lost Mattress (7)
11. Enemy-In-Law (7)
12. Skill Crane (7)
13. Funny Pants (6)
14. Squidbob Tentaclepants (5)
15. Good Neighbors (4)

Heyo_Heyo

Moby Dollar
This episode can easily fit in season 3 that’s how hilarious it was

GlitchyGoomba

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I honestly don't think this episode is worthy of being called "Best of the Season". It's certainly a good episode, it's funny, it's cleverly written, but I think the story could've been improved on.

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Ah Yes the most praised episode of season 4. Definitely an obvious like. Also it was nice to Mr. Krabs to get some good karma.

Rating: Amazing Episode

Rankings:
Patrick SmartPants (Perfect)
Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy VI The Motion Picture (Perfect)
Krusty Towers (Amazing!)
Dunces and Dragons (Amazing!)
Enemy In-Law (Great)
Krabs Vs. Plankton (Great)
Have you Seen this Snail? (Great)
Shell of a Man (Great)
Selling Out (Great)
SquidBob TentaclePants (Great)
The Lost Mattress (Okay)
Funny Pants (Meh)
Skill Crane (Meh)
Fear of a Krabby Patty (bad)
Good Neighbors (Terrible)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Next up, we've got "Krusty Towers", which is widely regarded as one of the best, if not the best, of season 4. And that's a pretty fair assessment in my eyes, because this is a really good episode.

You know, now that I've been reviewing these season 4 episodes, I've noticed that there's a new trend of SpongeBob and Squidward walking to and/or from work together. It happened a few times in the seasons beforehand...I think...but I feel like it's happened a lot more in these relatively newer episodes. Just an interesting little tidbit. Either way, I like the beginning of this episode a lot, because I love how it begins with SpongeBob and Squidward in the middle of a conversation. I like when SpongeBob and Squidward get along and Squidward is generally civil towards SpongeBob. It's nice when they're mutually friends or at least mutually friendly. Anyway, this episode gets straight to the point with having the eponymous Krusty Towers appear less than a minute in.

Honestly, Mr. Krabs was onto something with this business model, because hotels absolutely overcharge people. But honestly I think it's hilarious that a fast food owner turned his restaurant into a hotel, imagine if that happened in real life lol. This episode even lampshades the absurdity of this move by having the first person walk in be someone who just wanted a quick lunch. The design of the towers is just hilarious too, I love how it's just the Krusty Krab on top of a skyscraper.

From here, the episode is really just a great collection of gags rather than any real plot-driven thing, which I have no problems with. I've said before that sometimes simple is better for SpongeBob SquarePants, and this is a prime example of just that. Patrick is hilarious in this episode, checking into the hotel so he can "get away from it all", and doodling on the sign-in form. And then of course we have the moment that reminds me of "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy III" when Patrick suddenly has luggage that weighs a ton, only for it to turn out to be rocks. Squidward's reaction to this whole thing is amazing, and really highlights the greatness that can come out of Squidward-Patrick interactions. Literally can never stop laughing at that part. Mr. Krabs mocking Squidward is hilarious, even though it's true I'm like Squidward and I cry about having to work for a living. This Patrick segment also gives us a glorious brick joke in the form of the "one Krabby Patty and one room with cheese", so I love that a lot. Brilliant joke right there. I also love the whole part where Squidward finally gets back downstairs, only to be called back upstairs because Patrick "got over" not wanting to bother him, just hilarious. Sometimes seeing Squidward lose continuously is peak comedy. I also have many questions about how SpongeBob ended up clogged in the toilet, but you know what I don't think I want answers.

I just really like the...cohesiveness of this episode. Because it has a simple plot, it's able to keep its plot elements all in one basket, meaning we get brilliant brick jokes like the one I mentioned earlier, running gags, and repeated mantras such as "the plaque". The humor of this episode simply works, and it's like I have this idea as to why it works, but I can't seem to find a way to verbalize it, so hopefully what I said before this makes sense lol.

Anyway, seeing Squidward quit after all this mistreatment is satisfying, especially once he comes sauntering right back in as a guest, showing that this episode has more humor in store. Squidward being downright polite to SpongeBob (in terms of not being hostile) is great, because him turning his hostility to Mr. Krabs is far more entertaining. Squidward making Mr. Krabs carry him, and then eat a disgusting Krabby Patty, all of that is hilarious. I love how SpongeBob is so innocent in telling Mr. Krabs that the Krabby Patty doesn't have all of those foul ingredients + cheese...it just has all of those foul ingredients without cheese. Cut to the glorious payoff of the brick joke.

Things get even better with the whole scene with Squidward's mom. The way we're led to believe Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob literally kidnap her is so funny, a really nice "Nasty Patty" callback (at least it is that to me). And then after that, I love the montage of Squidward demanding his room be remodeled. Some of those rooms were kinda nice, honestly.

And then of course, we have the ending of the episode that re-establishes the status quo, by having a pool destroy the entire Krusty Towers building. The ending bit with the hospital is great as well, and an excellent representation of the United States Healthcare System! Sorry, sorry, you know I will never be able to resist. But I love the ending bit about going to medical school, that was hilarious. Also, production note, but I love the track at the end of this scene, "Lazy Afternoon", it's just a really good track that was only used the one time.

"Krusty Towers" is just an excellent, hilarious episode. There's nothing else to it. And it's also a brilliantly written episode, with clever jokes coming at a really quick pace. It's easy to see why this episode is so loved among season 4 episodes. Definitely a worthy inclusion on my "Amazing" tier, and most likely my top 5 of this season as well.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score: 9.5/10

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
Next up, we've got "Krusty Towers", which is widely regarded as one of the best, if not the best, of season 4. And that's a pretty fair assessment in my eyes, because this is a really good episode.

You know, now that I've been reviewing these season 4 episodes, I've noticed that there's a new trend of SpongeBob and Squidward walking to and/or from work together. It happened a few times in the seasons beforehand...I think...but I feel like it's happened a lot more in these relatively newer episodes. Just an interesting little tidbit. Either way, I like the beginning of this episode a lot, because I love how it begins with SpongeBob and Squidward in the middle of a conversation. I like when SpongeBob and Squidward get along and Squidward is generally civil towards SpongeBob. It's nice when they're mutually friends or at least mutually friendly. Anyway, this episode gets straight to the point with having the eponymous Krusty Towers appear less than a minute in.

Honestly, Mr. Krabs was onto something with this business model, because hotels absolutely overcharge people. But honestly I think it's hilarious that a fast food owner turned his restaurant into a hotel, imagine if that happened in real life lol. This episode even lampshades the absurdity of this move by having the first person walk in be someone who just wanted a quick lunch. The design of the towers is just hilarious too, I love how it's just the Krusty Krab on top of a skyscraper.

From here, the episode is really just a great collection of gags rather than any real plot-driven thing, which I have no problems with. I've said before that sometimes simple is better for SpongeBob SquarePants, and this is a prime example of just that. Patrick is hilarious in this episode, checking into the hotel so he can "get away from it all", and doodling on the sign-in form. And then of course we have the moment that reminds me of "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy III" when Patrick suddenly has luggage that weighs a ton, only for it to turn out to be rocks. Squidward's reaction to this whole thing is amazing, and really highlights the greatness that can come out of Squidward-Patrick interactions. Literally can never stop laughing at that part. Mr. Krabs mocking Squidward is hilarious, even though it's true I'm like Squidward and I cry about having to work for a living. This Patrick segment also gives us a glorious brick joke in the form of the "one Krabby Patty and one room with cheese", so I love that a lot. Brilliant joke right there. I also love the whole part where Squidward finally gets back downstairs, only to be called back upstairs because Patrick "got over" not wanting to bother him, just hilarious. Sometimes seeing Squidward lose continuously is peak comedy. I also have many questions about how SpongeBob ended up clogged in the toilet, but you know what I don't think I want answers.

I just really like the...cohesiveness of this episode. Because it has a simple plot, it's able to keep its plot elements all in one basket, meaning we get brilliant brick jokes like the one I mentioned earlier, running gags, and repeated mantras such as "the plaque". The humor of this episode simply works, and it's like I have this idea as to why it works, but I can't seem to find a way to verbalize it, so hopefully what I said before this makes sense lol.

Anyway, seeing Squidward quit after all this mistreatment is satisfying, especially once he comes sauntering right back in as a guest, showing that this episode has more humor in store. Squidward being downright polite to SpongeBob (in terms of not being hostile) is great, because him turning his hostility to Mr. Krabs is far more entertaining. Squidward making Mr. Krabs carry him, and then eat a disgusting Krabby Patty, all of that is hilarious. I love how SpongeBob is so innocent in telling Mr. Krabs that the Krabby Patty doesn't have all of those foul ingredients + cheese...it just has all of those foul ingredients without cheese. Cut to the glorious payoff of the brick joke.

Things get even better with the whole scene with Squidward's mom. The way we're led to believe Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob literally kidnap her is so funny, a really nice "Nasty Patty" callback (at least it is that to me). And then after that, I love the montage of Squidward demanding his room be remodeled. Some of those rooms were kinda nice, honestly.

And then of course, we have the ending of the episode that re-establishes the status quo, by having a pool destroy the entire Krusty Towers building. The ending bit with the hospital is great as well, and an excellent representation of the United States Healthcare System! Sorry, sorry, you know I will never be able to resist. But I love the ending bit about going to medical school, that was hilarious. Also, production note, but I love the track at the end of this scene, "Lazy Afternoon", it's just a really good track that was only used the one time.

"Krusty Towers" is just an excellent, hilarious episode. There's nothing else to it. And it's also a brilliantly written episode, with clever jokes coming at a really quick pace. It's easy to see why this episode is so loved among season 4 episodes. Definitely a worthy inclusion on my "Amazing" tier, and most likely my top 5 of this season as well.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score: 9.5/10
squidward being friendly with spongebob after he quits kinda shows that when squid opens up and tries to enjoy things, he is at his happiest

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
I think this is one of the best episodes of the series. Its writing and comedy is excellent. It can easily compete with the Pre-Movie episodes, and maybe even beat some of them imo! The premise for the episode is a lot of fun. The jokes in the episode are very funny as well. The set piece of the hotel is unique and a nice change of pace too. This episode was one of my favorites when I was younger too! Overall, a fantastic episode with a fun idea and many great jokes.

Back