69a. Krusty Towers

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
E.V.I.L said:
The difference is in the former episodes, Squidward was being a complete jerk except for maybe Jellyfishing (and even then, he shouldn't have been so annoying about not Jellyfishing) This has always been a part of Squidward's character and while most post-movie episodes take it too far, some episodes like Professor Squidward and now this apparently are considered Squid ABuse when they're FAR FROM IT.
Yup. I've also said something similar about gross out humor somewhere. When good shows had that kind of humor in, they knew how to balance that out and not go too far with it and the bad shows that abused it and thought that kind of humor would be a replacement for actual substance failed hard. Same thing with so-called Squid abuse. There's a funny, clever way to write it and an extremely unfunny, much more sophmoric way to do it.

Popeye Q. Krabs said:
Yup. I've also said something similar about gross out humor somewhere. When good shows had that kind of humor in, they knew how to balance that out and not go too far with it and the bad shows that abused it and thought that kind of humor would be a replacement for actual substance failed hard. Same thing with so-called Squid abuse. There's a funny, clever way to write it and an extremely unfunny, much more sophmoric way to do it.
Any karma has to have, well, the bad deed before it.
Choir Boys, I'm With Stupid, and Smoothe Jazz are already screwed
With that, it has to executed hilariously.
Little Yellow Book and Professor Squidward are fudged
THEN, it has to not go too far
Little Yellow Book is STILL ::dolphin noise::ed

So there you go.
Squidward

did the bad deed: quit his job, treat character rudely, etc.
executed hilariously: come on--you don't like pre-movie SpongeBob as much as you think you do if you think this episode is dull
does not go too far: all are punished

so? I don't get it. :P

I'll get scorn for this(most likely). But this is my favorite episode. Not just favorite post-movie, favorite out of all of them.

10/10

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 4

Episode: Krusty Towers

This episode was awesome. It's one of my favorite episodes ever. The plot was really creative and original. There were many funny jokes. 10/10

Bl4zeTMG

Four Twenny Blaze
This should be in everyone's top 50 at least. This episode is hilarious and one of my favorite post movie episodes. 10/10

RobotKrabs

Your Lord and Savior
Top 30 worthy, this episode is really funny and clever indeed. One of the best post movie episodes.

Okay, with that out of the way, I want to talk about an incredibly false rumor that's spreading around about this episode, and people actually believe it :patnotamused: . The rumor is that Krusty Towers was originally a season 3 episode, written by pre-movie writers, but got moved to season 4 and that's why the episode is so good. It's not true and here's why: the writers of Krusty Towers, Luke Brookshier, Tom King and Steven Banks, all started working on the show after season 3 ended, the first episode they've made was Funny Pants which was a season 4 episode, so that means they're post movie writers, and how could Krusty Towers be originally a season 3 episode IF the makers of the episode started working in season 4?

The reason why I'm trying hard to bust this rumour is because a lot of people believe it, and I find it really disrespectful to not give the people who actually wrote this episode credit and instead give the credit to people who didn't make it, just basically saying "Oh look, a good post movie episode?! Impossibleh! This must've been written by pre movie writers, that's probably why it's so good, see post movie writers, you suck, this is how you make an episode!"

Season 4-11

7 Years of Hospitality
This is my very favorite episode ever!!!!!
Let's start with how funny it is. There's the plot, Mr. Krabs ripping off the slogan exactly, and him giving the guy a tip which is really nothing, the employee elevator, Patrick's "bag of rocks", everything is funny! And Krabs even gets punished for his actions! Everything is great!

INFINITY/10!

Growlie

Best Boy
I'm assuming the people who hate this episode are also the people who hate Jellyfishing and Club Spongebob. "Squid abuse" only applies to episodes where Squidward didn't do anything wrong or wasn't an unlikeable jerk.
I never liked Jellyfishing or Club SpongeBob when first viewing them.

Plankton284

Part Computer or Something
Hi folks, I've decided to review one of my favorite SpongeBob episodes, Krusty Towers! A lot of people (including me) say that this episode reminds them of a season 3 episode, even though it's actually a season 4 episode. This episode is clearly a rare one. The episode is about Mr. Krabs starting a hotel named "The Krusty Towers", he did this because of his experience at another hotel and how they charged him a fortune for staying. So he figured he should do the same, so he too can make a fortune. Obviously, things go horribly wrong when SquidWard disagrees with the rule Mr. Krabs set (which was "The Customer Is Always Right!") and decides to quit the job, and checks in the hotel so he could give Mr. Krabs the taste of his own medicine by being extremely difficult, and because of Mr. Krabs rule, "The Customer Is Always Right!" Mr. Krabs must obey. This plot ended with the tower crashing down because of a gigantic pool SquidWard ordered, and they all ended up in the hospital. The plot of this episode is simple, yet interesting and great. The ending was perfect, it gave the two main characters of the episode what they deserved. Mr. Krabs deserved it because of his horrible rule, SquidWard deserves it for enforcing the rule upon Mr. Krabs for a long period of time. One of the greatest parts of this episode is when Mr. Krabs is forced to redecorate SquidWards room. Because of this, we see a lot of new redesigns of the room, which I found entertaining. I also liked how the episode gave Mr. Krabs and the crew a different job to work in, it made the episode really interesting. This episode deserves a 10/10, for their effort. This proves that the makers of SpongeBob can totally make an episode that feels like a 3rd season episode with the new seasons! (END)

Attachments

• bandicam 2016-11-11 23-06-43-374.jpg
    bandicam 2016-11-11 23-06-43-374.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 1
  • bandicam 2016-11-11 23-07-29-097.jpg
    bandicam 2016-11-11 23-07-29-097.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 1
  • bandicam 2016-11-11 23-07-52-618.jpg
    bandicam 2016-11-11 23-07-52-618.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 1
  • bandicam 2016-11-11 23-08-15-912.jpg
    bandicam 2016-11-11 23-08-15-912.jpg