65b. Funny Pants

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
This episode was extremely annoying. SpongeBob and Squidward were the worst characters in this episode. One of my least favorite episodes. 3.5/10.

Murvine Taylor

Proud Hater of GoAnimate Boris!
I like this episode. I thought SpongeBob laughing was funny. I did, however, feel bad for the poor sponge when he cried because he could not laugh anymore. If I could not laugh for the rest of my life I would want to die and be out of my misery for good. I also thought it was mean when Squidward said, "I hate it when the poor little guy is sad ...but not as much as I hate to see him happy!"

I did like the ending, however, when Squidward laughed like SpongeBob.

Rating: 8.5/10

BrickSponge2015

See You Ocean Man...
Patty Sponge said:
This is definaly the most underrated episode I have ever seen. Not only is this one of my favourite post-movie episodes, but one of the most favourite episodes of all time.
Unlike what most of the users think, I think this is one of the funniest episodes the show's ever done. Whenever I see this, I laugh all through and never stop.
Infact, I'm going to go far by saying I found SpongeBob's repeated laughing hilarious. I didn't find it annoying at all, and I just loved looking at Squidward's face. It makes me giggle all the time.
But the episode gets better and better. Once SpongeBob tries to stop laughing, It uses some really sterotypical jokes including banana peels, whoopee cushions and pies, but boy do they make me laugh.
Everytime Patrick slipped on the banana peel, I laugh out real hard. The whoopee cushions tbh, I don't really laugh it but the pies make it even better.
I can definaly say, I can watch a fish getting hit in the face with a pie one hundred times and I will never get tired of it, it's that funny to me.

Eventually, the episode goes down a different route, but atleast it still had stuff to laugh at, including Patrick investigation inside SpongeBob. The Mr. Krabs and Sandy's parts were ok.
And then we reach another part everyone hates. The crying scenes. Again, I do not find this annoying, I found it a little hilarious.

I could talk about the ending, but I'm tired so I'll just say 1 word about it. lol
Infact, that sums up the entire episode for me. I already said how funny it is a hundred times already, so I'll just get to my conclusion.

Again, I love this episode. It's one of my favourite post-movie episodes, It's one of my favourite spongebob episodes all together, I'm not sure what else to say. 9.5/10
I don't like it as much as you do, but it IS the 2nd most underrated episode in the history of history (behind, of course, Dumped).

BrickSponge2015 said:
I don't like it as much as you do, but it IS the 2nd most underrated episode in the history of history (behind, of course, Dumped).
Dumped is the most underrated? ATLANTIS SQUAREPANTIS AND BEST DAY EVER WILL ALWAYS BE THE MOST UNDERRATED. Even though Dumped has some haters, there are still many people who likes this episode.

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
Very annoying, unfunny episode. Third worst episode of Season 4 for me. They made SpongeBob too annoying so the comedy was already killed off there and oh my God, the sound that he makes when he cries is even more obnoxious. 4/10

MadFred

ooooooofy day
Patty Sponge said:
This is definaly the most underrated episode I have ever seen. Not only is this one of my favourite post-movie episodes, but one of the most favourite episodes of all time.
Unlike what most of the users think, I think this is one of the funniest episodes the show's ever done. Whenever I see this, I laugh all through and never stop.
Infact, I'm going to go far by saying I found SpongeBob's repeated laughing hilarious. I didn't find it annoying at all, and I just loved looking at Squidward's face. It makes me giggle all the time.
But the episode gets better and better. Once SpongeBob tries to stop laughing, It uses some really sterotypical jokes including banana peels, whoopee cushions and pies, but boy do they make me laugh.
Everytime Patrick slipped on the banana peel, I laugh out real hard. The whoopee cushions tbh, I don't really laugh it but the pies make it even better.
I can definaly say, I can watch a fish getting hit in the face with a pie one hundred times and I will never get tired of it, it's that funny to me.

Eventually, the episode goes down a different route, but atleast it still had stuff to laugh at, including Patrick investigation inside SpongeBob. The Mr. Krabs and Sandy's parts were ok.
And then we reach another part everyone hates. The crying scenes. Again, I do not find this annoying, I found it a little hilarious.

I could talk about the ending, but I'm tired so I'll just say 1 word about it. lol
Infact, that sums up the entire episode for me. I already said how funny it is a hundred times already, so I'll just get to my conclusion.

Again, I love this episode. It's one of my favourite post-movie episodes, It's one of my favourite spongebob episodes all together, I'm not sure what else to say. 9.5/10
I agree, I didn't even know that people hate this episode so much until I watched the thread.
Obviously, Spongebob was annoying in this episode, But that's his normal behavior.

Murvine Taylor

Proud Hater of GoAnimate Boris!
I agree, I didn't even know that people hate this episode so much until I watched the thread.
Obviously, Spongebob was annoying in this episode, But that's his normal behavior.

Not only SpongeBob being annoying in this episode is his normal behavior, but I thought his crying was reasonable. The poor sponge could not laugh (or thought he could not). SpongeBob may be annoying, but he does NOT deserve to lose his laughter.

ScumBob

sicko m0de
I can see why everyone hates this episode but if you get past SpongeBob's annoying laughter, it's a classic SpongeBob episode.
7/10

Mantis

killer queen best stand
SurprisedPatrik said:
an episode comes like this only once in a great while. when it does,drop everything AND KILL IT WITH FIRE
You got it all wrong. Mr. Enter said that for Spongebob Youre Fired, not Funny Pants

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
I don't know if I'm alone, but... I love this episode. <3

I relate to Spongebob. When I find something funny, I cannot stop laughing. I have laughed until I wheezed before. And it tends to get on the nerves of my friend and co-workers sometimes. So I understand Squidward's pain.

What I like most is the part where Sponge tugs down his shirt collar and reveals that he was the one who donated part of his laugh box to Squid. That was such a sweet, touching moment. Squidward treats Spongebob like garbage, but Spongebob still loves him and cares about him. I like their friendship.

The ending was just the right combination of "Squidward gets his just desserts for being a jerk" and "Spongebob is nice." It was funny AND genuine, to me.

A lot of people hate this episode because Spongebob is annoying, but.. isn't that the point of his character? That he's cute and endearing despite being annoying? Like a clingy kid brother! haha

Supmandude

Squog
You got it all wrong. Mr. Enter said that for Spongebob Youre Fired, not Funny Pants

Is Mr. Enter an authority figure on episode quality? I dislike his reviews very much myself, but all bias aside, if it was a critic I agreed with on every point he made anywhere, his opinions would not be the word of God to me and I wouldn't expect them to be for anyone else. I don't get the mentality of why someone's opinion matters more if they're on YouTube or have a few thousand subscribers or whatever. Your personal opinion is what's most important.

Yeah, sometimes reviewers can point out things you didn't notice that change your opinion, but him saying "This is bad" is meaningless to me and should be meaningless to everyone.

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
Eh, now I find this episode mediocre. I don't hate that much anymore, but it's still not a good episode. SpongeBob's laughing was annoying. I realized that Squidward wasn't a bad character in this episode. But the worst part was the ending. The ending is.... one of the worst endings I've ever seen in the show. 5/10

Back