65a. Selling Out

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
Nearly everything about this episode worked, even the song Mr. Krabs sings. I liked this episode when it first premiered and still love it now. Great to hear C.H. Greenblatt have a vocal cameo in this episode too. Also great for Zeus Cervas' first writing credit. 9/10.

Hans

Floating Shopping List
This is a great episode (A lot better than its sister episode "Funny Pants") and I find it overlooked. People don't hate this one, but don't really talk about it. (Probably because its a post movie episode)

toasterstrutel

Krabby Patty Burglar
This is one of the greatest spongebob episodes. It is heartwarming, has a great story, and is very funny. Even if Mr. Krabs said he was just kidding about what he said to Spongebob you can tell he's still happy to be back. And by buying the a krusty Krab back he showed that money isn't everything to him.

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 4

Episode: Selling Out

This episode was kinda good. I liked the plot. It had some jokes. 7.5/10

The Real Nostalgia Critic

toby j rathjen is a monkey
This was a good episode. Favorite part, hands down, was Squidward's Happy Birthday song. :rofl:

Also, here's a fun fact, C.H. Greenblatt (the person who voiced Carl)'s first name is Carl, which is who they named the character after. Just thought you should know that. :)

CJO5050

Floating Shopping List
The first episode to be written by Zeus Cervas, and a very good one to start out with.

FictionMagician

Imitation Krab
Although I essentially stated that 'Good Neighbors' seemed to mark the beginning of the end of the series as we knew it, the truth is, there were a few last minute bursts of brilliance before it all came crashing down completely. This is one of them. The plot is surprisingly original, and witty: the writers managed to find an angle concerning Mr. Krabs and his restaurant they had not yet explored. It's also funny, especially the way Mr. Krabs is hesitant to give up the Krusty Krab...at least until he's offered (literally) a boat load of cash. And then he starts going through the motions we all go through when we're unemployed and have nothing to do, trying to find enjoyment in the most mundane of activities. Eventually he finds his way back to the Krusty Krab as a regular employee, before uncovering the dark ways the new manager Carl uses to keep things running efficiently, like using a disgusting paste to make Krabby Patties quicker than cooking them fresh and intimidating Squidward into having a smile all the time. Although season four would mark Mr. Krabs' transformation as a cheap but likeable guy into a greedy jerk with little to no reedemable qualities (making him worse than his rival Plankton in that regard), here is obsessed with money but still knows the different between right and wrong. He may be a tightwad, but he's not immoral, and knows what matters most to him aside from money (his restaurant's standards and loyal employees). I could've done without the song at the beginning of the episode, which is a little funny but unnecessary. I agreed with Squidward when he said"Please don't do that again." I said the same thing after watching "Good Neighbors". Maybe the writers heard me and listened...this time, anyway.

8.5/10

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
A very fresh plot. One of Mr. Krabs' best characterizations and it has a really good story and ending. If it were funnier this would be one of my favorites.

8.5/10

SquiddlyPie

random gal
Decent episode, I kind of get bored after a while watching this, but the first time I watched it I was excited....my favourite scene is when Squidward sings the ''Happy Birthday'' song with his own style...I also liked the scene with SpongeBob saying ''Where's the love?'' ..The ending was good as well, but I'd like it better if Mr.Krabs hadn't said ''No, not really.Get back to work.'' but it didn't bother me, 8/10.

Growlie

Best Boy
I just got through watching the episode and, when first reading this thing topic and seeing the name, Carl. My mind immediately went to, "Carrrrrrrrrl!" But then, after watching this episode, this fish doesn't Deserve the title, "Carrrrrrrrrl!" That title stays with...
Screenshot_2016-09-08-04-41-34-1.png

I used to think I didn't like Squilliam, but now, it's Carl I don't like. Him and that big fish threatening Squidward!

NerdyKairi

Kairi is Back
A decent episode although i´m not much fond of the whole processed krabby patties thing. Also it´s not in my top favorites, but it´s still enjoyable 7/10.

Selling Out is a great episode, I really feel how this is actually similar to real life, basically a comedic and cartoon-y turn on the real-world issue of franchising everything. This is great in jokes especially relating to the episode's subject and has great visuals of the Krabby O' Mondays, except those patties... 10/10

Here's an episode nobody talks about. I think it's should get more recognition. It's got a nice plot, but I feel like the writers forgot to tell jokes, because this episode is basically humorless.

Ranking so far:
1. The Lost Mattress (A)
2. Fear of a Krabby Patty (A)
3. Skill Crane (A)
4. Have You Seen This Snail? (A)
5. Krabs vs. Plankton (B)
6. Selling Out (B)
7. Shell of a Man (C)
8. Good Neighbors (E)

Back