62b. Krabs vs Plankton

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
One of the better season 4 episodes, the plot is quite well-developed and interesting, not to mention there are numerous fantastic lines. Another reason why early season 4 was so much better than the second half.

8/10

Nincompoop

Part Computer or Something
I thought this episode was pretty bland, because it moved slow and there weren't many notable gags. Even so, I had to appreciate the actual court trial and the end where SpongeBob foiled Plankton's plan. The plot itself wasn't bad. 7/10.

SquiddlyPie

random gal
Decent one, but it gets boring after a while..It's not one of this episodes that you are like ''Oh boy, I miss this episode, I've watched it tons of times, but I am not getting bored of it, I should re-watch it..'' well, at least for me I'd not say that...It's so boring, especially in the trial...The beggining was better than the whole trial thing..I gotta admit there were some funny quotes though .. like ''Does that happen a lot?'' , ''No, they're usually silver..''..and my favourite moment was the ending.. It's a decent episode ..7/10 ! I gotta admit though, that season 4 has got lot's of better ones..

TheGreatServer

NOT a Bunny now!
Amazing, i love this one, Really good premise, and really good jokes, Not far off from a perfect.

9.5/10

It's about time they settled this in court! No but really, this is a decent episode. I love the plot, but I feel like there could have been more jokes and it felt like the episode got boring at times. Oh well. Still a good episode.

Ranking so far:
1. The Lost Mattress (A)
2. Fear of a Krabby Patty (A)
3. Krabs vs. Plankton (B)
4. Shell of a Man (C)

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
I quite enjoy this one. There isn't a lot of jokes, but most of the entertainment gained from this episode is just seeing the characters testify in court. These court plots always make for some interesting stories in shows, and this is no exception. It's just a very solid, enjoyable episode with some nice writing.

Good episode (8/10)

1. Fear of a Krabby Patty (8)
2. Krabs vs. Plankton (8)
3. Shell of a Man (7)
4. The Lost Mattress (7)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
A very funny episode there might not be a lot of jokes but its really cool. Its fun to one of the best season 4 episodes!

Rating: Great Episode

Rankings:
Krabs Vs. Plankton (Great)
Shell of a Man (Delightful)
The Lost Mattress (Okay)
Fear of a Krabby Patty (bad)

Last edited:

GlitchyGoomba

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I really don't have much to say about this one. It's visually interesting because it takes place in a court, and it has a good story of Plankton attempting to sue Mr. Krabs for the formula. Not that many jokes, but some, and they are good jokes. I especially like Mr Krabs' eyes turning into golden ingots

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Next up, we've got my favorite court procedural, Law & Order! "Nope." How to Get Away With Murder! "Still no." Scandal! "That's not even a courtroom drama, Pugs." Wait, I got it this time. Today we're here with "Krabs vs. Plankton", a very fun episode I'm choosing to see as a parody of Law & Order and of shows like Judge Judy. I'd say this episode really shows that Plankton has become a main character, given that it's only like 3 episodes since his last appearance. This episode gets straight to work, having Plankton wake up and immediately go to the Krusty Krab, winging a plan to get the Formula.

This episode reminds me of "Squid on Strike" of all episodes, because of how it shines a light on the literal business practices of the Krusty Krab. I like when episodes do that, they usually turn out pretty good. And it's just interesting to see a topic like that tackled from the "child perspective". Plankton's acting strikes that perfect balance of being clearly fake without making everyone around seem too stupid. Because I hate when it's clearly fake in-universe and yet no one can tell. I mean here it does get dangerously close to that line, but I think they manage to pass. Anyway, I like the bit with the lawyer showing up, and we get some fun visual gags with Mr. Krabs' eyes turning into increasing denominations of money, until they turn to gold and he falls over. I thought that was a pretty clever gag. I love that the lawyer ends up being put out of commission by the same thing that got Plankton (after saying the case will be a slam dunk...I actually do think Plankton would win here if it's true that Mr. Krabs didn't have a good lawyer at all lol).

The court scenes are very enjoyable in this episode. I love SpongeBob's attempts at getting the case to unlock juxtaposed with the testimonies and dramatics of the courtroom. We get pretty much every courtroom drama cliche in the book and I love it. I love that as the trial goes on, things get more and more ridiculous, from SpongeBob turning into a rocket to try and get the case open, to SpongeBob interrogating the mop that cleaned the floor lol. I love that Squidward gives no craps here too, outing Mr. Krabs as a pretty...not great boss. As he should. And I love that once SpongeBob gets the case open, he returns to the trial with a renewed vigor and a new confidence. This last questioning scene with Plankton is great to watch, and it's always satisfying to see Plankton lose. Well, not always, but here it is. I like how everyone in the end knows that Mr. Krabs is cheap, because he is. Cheapest Krab in the world. The ending of this episode is cute too, with SpongeBob making Mr. Krabs a "Wet Floor" sign. We get a little bit of universal justice with the sign hurting Mr. Krabs, but he still gets his win in the end.

I think that "Krabs Vs. Plankton" has an advantage of being a bit more memorable than others because of its unique plot and setting, being in the courthouse. And I do legitimately like courtroom dramas, so it's fun to see a SpongeBob SquarePants take on it. SpongeBob looks real spiffy in that suit. All the court talk is fun too. Even if it is most definitely inaccurate, like all courtroom dramas. So I know no one asked but guess what, I'm gonna talk about a lot of the inaccuracies in this episode because I'm basically an expert (read: has been on a jury for a criminal case one time). Pugs's crash course in US court proceedings is go!
  • First off, Tom (AKA the foreperson, the speaker of the jury...I'm assuming that's who he is given that he talks) introducing the judge is...not how that works lmao. The bailiff is the one that introduces the judge in real life I'm pretty sure. The jury doesn't speak at all during the beginning of a trial, I believe.
  • There are no spontaneous proceedings in court cases. So the entire calling up surprise witnesses is not a thing that happens. Additionally, both "sides" (the defense and the prosecution) question the witness (though they can choose not to)
  • The biggest inaccuracy in this episode that many may not immediately spot is that even though the beginning of this episode sets this up to be a civil case, the courtroom language is all based in criminal trials. In civil cases (these are the types of cases where someone is suing another or something), what the jury does is decide if the defendant is liable for the allegation. Not if the defendant is guilty.
There's a lot more inaccuracies but I ran out of energy typing this lol. So there's 3! If you're interested, a lawyer made a video a while back reacting to this episode. I can't remember exactly what they said in that video, but I'm sure it was breaking down every misconception and inaccuracy.

Anyway, to finish out this review, I really enjoyed "Krabs vs. Plankton". I legitimately have no problems with it, and I love it for what it is, a fun courtroom drama parody. So, it fits nicely in my "Amazing" tier.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score:
9/10

Bmv277

SoBob RetroPants
8/10, shows that season 4 still has some similar creativeness from the past 3 seasons
not only is it a clever ruse by plankton, but the court setting is pretty interesting and allows for some good comedy!
speaking of, this episode is pretty funny
i love how overdramatic plankton is and how he uses it to persuade the jury and how much mr krabs and spongebob mess up
the gags with sb opening the briefcase were pretty funny as well, good slapstick
overall not a bad episode for the start of s4

Back